Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Power fists or pwer weapons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Ragnars Claw

Ragnars Claw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 954 posts
What are people taking now with regards to power fists and power weapons on their basic grey hunters and blood claws?

It seems obvious to me that the pack leader should take a fist but is it worth giving the basic trooper a fist or power weapon and if so which?

Which is better statistically, 2 S4 power weapon attacks or 1 S8 power fist attack?

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts
I don't feel, IMHO, PF's reflect the humble GH or BC. Fluff-wise for me it's PW's since they are cheaper.
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

SpideyScott

SpideyScott

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 767 posts
I would take one power fist if for nothing else other than the chance that you might have to fight high toughness creatures, dreads or armour. As for statistics im no whizz with a the math hammer but 2 S4 power weapon attacks against an AV 12 dread will always result in nothing. It really depends on what you feel you will come up against most in your games.
I only have 2 requests of life
1) not to die young.
2) not to die old.

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts

I would take one power fist if for nothing else other than the chance that you might have to fight high toughness creatures, dreads or armour. As for statistics im no whizz with a the math hammer but 2 S4 power weapon attacks against an AV 12 dread will always result in nothing. It really depends on what you feel you will come up against most in your games.

^+1
I take WGPL with PF's. If I didn't, the above would apply.

So no WGPL, go with one of each.
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

Crimson Devil

Crimson Devil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 666 posts
I take one power weapon and one power fist per squad. The Wolf Guard gets a power weapon if they join Grey Hunters or a Power fist if they join Blood Claws.

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
I got 2 power weapons in the pack, 1 power fist on the WPL.

i do have a grey hunter pack fitted for just armor though, they all carry power fists and have a melta instead of plasma or flamer.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
Wouldn't that mean you would have to get into CC with the tank with only one meltagun unless you get a a good hit with the melta? I would do half and half but that is me.
For Russ and the All Father!!!

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
yeah, sometimes the melta pack has to charge a tank, or walker or whatever. it happens.

i hope that my ven dread and scouts take out the worst of these threats though. the melta pack is back up. you cant go too wrong with a few power fists on your side.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
Yeah I plan to have my leaders with PFs, at least one PW but still can't decide to put another PF in with the pack itself
For Russ and the All Father!!!

Cyclops

Cyclops

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
My packs have max Power Fists in them, always. Now, I might cram a Power Weapon in instead of one of the fist for most squads... That, or keep the maxing of fists for the *POW* factor ^_^

As for my IC? They always use Power Weapon's and variants (claws, frost axe, ect).
QUOTE (The_Betrayed_Spacewolf @ Feb 17 2010, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
codex asartes expressly forbids common sense.

QUOTE (Paradox 01)
I hereby name Cyclops the King of Irony.

I just get up, and wander off for a year or a thousand. Who do I think I am? Leman Russ?

Hfran Morkai

Hfran Morkai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,503 posts

I take one power weapon and one power fist per squad. The Wolf Guard gets a power weapon if they join Grey Hunters or a Power fist if they join Blood Claws.

That is exactly how I field my Wolves. If it is a pack of 13 BC's I have a powerfist on the pack leader, ruen priest with frost blade, 2 powerfists and a power weapon
QUOTE (A D-B @ Jan 10 2011, 12:45 PM)
THE CUSTODIANS AREN'T PSYCHIC OH MY GOD I HATE YOU MIKAL.

gallery_24878_5332_45982.jpg