Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What to put in 1000 points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
I still have some trouble of getting a good 1000 points tournament list to work in 1000 points so i was wondering has anyone been able to work out a usefull list.

I was thinking about 2x8 man Greyhunter units with boltpistols and some Bloodclaws, SW scouts to do some Obel work, Runepriest with Chooser for hindering outflank, and the cheap Wolfguard battleleader, with the added transports to the units.

BTW the new local tourney rules an army becomes more effective with 4 troops choices in the list. (rules are in dutch so many of you can't read it if i would post a link.)

Edited by Spacefrisian, 02 August 2008 - 03:41 PM.

There are no Deamons in 40k

clanfield

clanfield

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,141 posts
i use a battle leader-frost blade plas pistol belt of russ ,frag,wolf tooth necklace
a rune priest bp frost blade

1 x 10 gh blt guns 1 melta rhino,smoke
1 x 8 gh 2 pwr fist 1 melta 2 plas pis
1 x 9 bc 2 pwr wepons rhino ,smoke(with battle leader)
1 x 5 lf 2 las canon,2 missle launchers(with rune priest)

OnlyInDeath

OnlyInDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
One heavy choice I would suggest is a Vindicator. Having a high strength pie plate laying around is good for both taking out swarm armies, but also cracking open any high armor troops that you might run across. It also can be a very effective anti-tank weapon in its own right if it manages to hit or scatter on-target. It's also rather cheap as far as heavy choices go.

Edited by OnlyInDeath, 02 August 2008 - 04:07 PM.

Click Here if you are in need of some reading material
QUOTE (Vassakov @ Feb 23 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of the day, we know who our true brothers are. We watch the halls of Russ, and remember our days of glory whilst persuing ever greater ones.
We are the Sons of Russ, for the All-Father and the Wolf King. From now, until the End Days and the Wolftime. We play by our rules, and noone elses.