Pennsylvania, USA

orphanfeast99

Just to let people know in the Northern PA / Southern NY area that a new game store has opened fairly recently in Mansfield PA. There are a pretty solid core of 40k players that play there every saturday and a few who are starting to get into Fantasy. Everyone is welcome to come in and just play. Friendly bunch of guys.

• 1 month later...

hey guys ive been collecting 40k for sometime now an i would love to get into playing. ive never played actual games but im 25 and a quick learner and have a full grasp on rules.

im in the poconos and would love to just come observe even for a while so i can get better grasp of everything

• 2 months later...
I just started going to Penn State up at state college and was wondering if anyone was up there that could show me the game. Ive been collecting for years and would love to find a group to play with

You close to Greensburgh?

If so come to a place called The Vault behind Westmoreland Mall. I play there almost every tuesday and every first saturday of the month.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I also posted this on another board, in case it looks familiar to some of you -_- My name is Mike and I live in the Tannersville area of PA in the Poconos. I have been on these boards off and on for a few years now and have found that since I came up to PA there are not that many shops around my area. There are a couple down South about 45 min away and they are both nice shops, but not quite around the corner, so I find it's been pretty tough to get down there to play. I have been into RPGs for about 30 years and into Warhammer Fantasy since second or third edition. I remember Rogue Trader and all but actually have only been actively (some would say rabidly) into 40k for about 12 years.

More and more as of late I have had the idea of starting up a hobby shop with a friend of mine. I've been researching it for years and have owned other businesses before (a bar and a small retail store) so I have a decent head for business as well as a love of the hobby. I have interviewed and met with several owners and discussed the good and the bad. I mostly asked questions relating to the bad since I know it is a difficult business.

Anyway, without droning on too long, I have been considering opening a shop in the Poconos around Tannersville/Bartonsville/Stroudsburg. I have some idea what spots I think would be good, but this is sort of some additional market research. Any replies to the following are most appreciated!

1) How many of you live in that area? ( I see that ozcardshop says he is from the Poconos, anyone else?)

2) How healthy is the gaming community to the best of your knowledge? (not just Warhammer, but RPG, CCG etc)

3) The target demographics seem to really fit the bill, I have the hobby knowledge and the business knowledge, but I welcome any opinions about this area for such a shop.

The idea is to set up on a few major cornerstones being Tabletop/Wargaming, RPGs, CCGs/CMGs and Hobby supplies (glue, dice, terrain, flocking etc). I absolutely will only start a place if there is dedicated gaming space for folks to play and my buddy and I have a lot of ideas for promotions and tournaments and such. We really want to build up a great shop here in the Poconos. I know that some shops in various areas have not been fully committed to the hobby as some posters have said. I have experienced this firsthand and it actually is a big impetus behind this endeavor. I love the hobby and plan on doing it till the day I die. I am hoping I can really make a good solid difference.

I'd also welcome any product ideas. I obviously have my own, but there are always games out there that I may not know much about!

Thanks in advance for your time.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm looking for a group and or someone to play. Space Wolves player located in Orwigsburg. I'm about 20 minutes north of Reading for a city that may be recognized. I only have about 1500 points right now and I'm actually looking to sell it since it's not a horribly balanced army.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey guys! My name is Jesse and I just wanted to post some information about stomping grounds, a newer store in hatboro/warminster pa. We are located at 1005 west county line road. The store has 7 full tables set up at all times for free play, full stock of warhammer and 40k, we stock board games and war machine/hordes. Hours during the week 11-10 Friday and saturday open till 12 am. You can check out our website sggamesandhobbies.com, so come in and check out the store, looking forward to playing some games with you!

• 6 months later...

I'll Post this up here for those guys near pottstown and the poconos and basicly the area around Reading and Allentown. I go to the PSU Berks campus and am interested in getting a little group together to play. There is a Hobbytown USA near the campus that offers tables to play at. If anyone is interested in meeting me there or a different place send me a private message we can set up a time. (Play pirmarily Guardsman, but also have Speesh Mehrines)

• 1 month later...

Not seeing it mentioned here, there is a nice game/book store in Lebanon, PA. (It's actually listed in White Dwarf) Five Stone Book Store in the Lebanon Valley Mall. They play games every Saturday noon to 9pm, and Sunday afternoons the tables are open as well, though most of the people there play the Horus Heresy RPG on Sundays. Good community, not overly competative, and I've seen people from as far away as Lancaster coming up to play.

• 6 months later...

For anyone looking for a good place to play in philly, check out Red Cap's Corner (I think that's the name at least) near drexel. Straight gaming, lots of gw, warmachine, reaper minies, and they sell magic singles, too. If you're in the suburbs or don't mind a short train ride, check out Showcase Comics and Games. They've got a location at the Granite Run Mall and another in Bryn Mawr. Great staff, plenty of tables and terrain, and an awesome selection of comics to boot

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.  Just a few miles from Legions Games.  I have an odd work schedule and not much of my "new" Space Wolves army yet assembled and painted, butr I'd love to get in some small games and relearn 40K (I've been out since 4th Edition).

• 9 months later...

I have recently moved to south-central PA (Hanover, near PA/MD border), and would be interested in finding some other people to get an occasional game in with (or a gaming group somewhere reasonably close). I have a few armies (mostly various types of Space Marines), but they are not built for competitive play, and I would love to get in with a group that is more easy-going rather than tournament-centered.

• 2 months later...

Hey folks. Looking for players in State College area. There are several of us playing in that area. Jakes Cards and Games downtown and also in Bellefonte have space to play. Snake Eyes Gaming in Altoona is where I go most of the time. In the Harrisburg area there is the Adventurers Guild on Union Deposit Road.

Hope this helps,

Skip

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, New member popping in.

Recently picked up the game, and I'm looking for players or a group nearby.

In the North-West, but Meadville area to be specific would closest. Planning on going to Grove City to play but that can only be done on weekends and that's a bit of a drive.

• 2 months later...

So it's been awhile, hope nobody minds a double post, but wanted to put out there that I'm working on starting a club for Meadville area 40k players.

There is Facebook group up, but I'm a bit apprehensive about posting it publicly so if you can't find it on your own please send a PM and I'll reply with the info.

Managed to get some public space, Info is on the Facebook group page. Once again if you can't find it, send a PM.

First meeting is this Thursday, and then one every other Thursday.

• 4 months later...