Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sgt Nathaniel Garro"Dusk Raider"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

esinhorn

esinhorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
Here is Nathaniel Garro at the end of the Unification Wars.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
the Unification Banner
Posted Image
helmeted
Posted Image
Posted Image

Iki

Iki

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Wow, Awesome model brother....Great Job. I really like the changeable heads.

esinhorn

esinhorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
I'm changing the banner I found a cool pic of an old tarot card I want to do.

Nemesis Weapon to the Goolies

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
Esinhorn-

I actually finally registered on the B&C just because I had to tell you how this model is teh AWEZOMEZ.

Truly, an inspired piece. Not too flashy, just right.

Can't wait to see the new banner, though I must admit I like the elements you combined for the old.

-NemWepToDaGoolies
-NemWep=>Goolies

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
i think that the helmeted head looks better, the models is awesome, i love the base and armor
QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????

esinhorn

esinhorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
For the new banner I looked to Tarot Cards for Inspiration
Is this banner better than the Unity one?
Posted Image

with more work done to it,redoing the flag
Posted Image

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
i like the first one better
QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,715 posts
Now on the TGC forum I voted for the first one, but the second ones grown on me a lot. I say go with the tarot card.

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
I think the new banner is a great idea.

However, I think that it doesn't work in this case. The Fist of Unity was, in some ways, better BECAUSE it was less complicated.

If there was some way to combine the imagery of the two...

But, I ask too much. truth be told, ya gotta go with what you've got and done already.

I do like the Death-spectre, standing in wait for the dusk, as those he's fighting against surrender.

It's very "dusk raider", if not so much the "Enlightened Pro-Humanist Imperial Compliance". :D

Edited by NemesisWeaponToTheGoolies, 09 August 2008 - 02:44 AM.

-NemWep=>Goolies

esinhorn

esinhorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,236 posts
Here is the new Banner
Posted Image

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
Holy Hannah Montana!!

That last clinches it...you've got to keep all three.

The Death-On-Steed tarot card one; that's the Dusk Raiders' original banner that they carried at the forefront of sieges.

The Fist of Unity; that's the "Official" Imperial Compliance Banner for the Legio during the Wars for Terra. They used it during victory marches, parades, "police actions" in already pacified zones of Terra, et cetera.

The Grim Reaper with Halo; well, that's obviously THE FIRST war banner that the newly-changed-over Death Guard have...the Death Guard Legion are so young, many of the Terran-blooded haven't even changed their colors yet (like Garro, pictured).
-NemWep=>Goolies

Mr.(Space)Marine

Mr.(Space)Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
Very, very good. Pretty much as I imagined Garro at the unification wars.

Pig Of Sparta

Pig Of Sparta

++ VERRES LACONIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,584 posts
I really like this model, my only criticism, and it's a very minor one at that is that i think the hand grip on Libertas is too short for the size of the blade, apart from that it's great, wish i could free-hand paint as well as you can! :-)
[img=http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Master%20of%20the%20Armoury/200px-Crux_Terminatus-1-1.png][img=http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif]

++[url=http://coolminiornot.com/artist/pig+of+sparta]My CoolMiniOrNot Gallery[/url]++ ++ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigofsparta/sets/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]++ ++[url=http://styofpigs.blogspot.co.uk/]the pig's sty[/url]++ ++[url=http://s11.zetaboards.com/IBoH/index/]IBoH Forums[/url]++