Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legion and Descent of Angels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

metcalfedan

metcalfedan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,282 posts
Hail Brothers,

I've been on holiday, caravanning in the rain, and i've been reading the HH series,

So, i got up to fulgrim, and finished it quickly. (great book by the way) but i still had a lot of my holiday left and i was really bored. I went to the nearest WHSmiths to get descent of angels and ended up getting Legion because Descent of Angels was out of stock.

Im back from holiday now and i've nearly finished Legion but, my question is, if i read Descent of Angels after i read Legion, does it matter? or do they have to be read in chronological order?

Thanks Brothers, may the Emperor guide you in your answers.
QUOTE (Cedric @ May 31 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ Captain Mike. Viva is Spanish/Italian for "long live". So "Viva Metallica", as the method is called, would roughly translate to "Long live Metallics!"

CernunnosX

CernunnosX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
No, if I remember correctly they have nothing to do with each other as far as plot other than both being about the Heresy era. I believe Decent of Angels takes place pre-Heresy while Legion takes place after Horus turns or very close to when he does.
Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

L0NEW0LF

L0NEW0LF

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 836 posts
it wont make a difference as they dont follow on :eek
as was said DOA is pre heresy and legion is set just before/as Horus turns.
neither book relates to each other and IMO you read the best of the 2 first
i know its a cliche but
"KILL!, MAIM!, BURN!"

metcalfedan

metcalfedan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,282 posts
Oh,

Ok thanks guys.
@ Captain Mike. Viva is Spanish/Italian for "long live". So "Viva Metallica", as the method is called, would roughly translate to "Long live Metallics!"

Senseilord Ashahara

Senseilord Ashahara

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 317 posts
" believe Decent of Angels takes place pre-Heresy while Legion takes place after Horus turns or very close to when he does. "

Legion takes place just before Horus Rising. Decent Of Angels is much earlier.
But it doesnt matter which order you read those books.

metcalfedan

metcalfedan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,282 posts
Finished Legion now, Just Descent of Angels to go...