Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HQ Dilemma

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts
Heya everyone, got a weird question to ask about the 13th Company. Do they suffer from the same problem as the regular Space Wolves in the fact they have to take an HQ for every 750 points? If so, I'm stuck at taking 4 HQ's in a 2,500 point game, huh? Need to know this ASAP, as I have a tournament coming up in the next week, and I need to get cracking on a new HQ model depending on the answer I get.

Edited by mega_marines, 08 August 2008 - 12:26 AM.

"There is no such thing as an obscene amount of firepower."- Sergeant Antaro Chronus

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,591 posts
Yes you need a HQ for every started 750 points. But you can´t have a 2500 points 13th Co. cause the WL is a 1 choise and the WP and the RP are both 0-1 choises. This means that a 13th Co list is restricted to 2250 points. If you want to extend your 13th you have build up a second FOC. But i´ve my doubt that this would be allowed in a tournament.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts
*Slams his head against his desk* Ugh...Way to go GW...
"There is no such thing as an obscene amount of firepower."- Sergeant Antaro Chronus

Pope

Pope

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
Is there any question about SW Bjoern doesn't have an answer to?

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts
No, I don't believe so. He's the resident Space Wolf. And The Emperors Champion, Pariah and I, are the Ultramarine ones. Go figure.

But, I have something to say. Nowhere does it state the Wolf Lord is a "0-1" Choice. The Rune Priest and Wolf Priests are "0-1", but the Lord isn't. His just say's "1", not "0-1", but just "1".

Edited by mega_marines, 07 August 2008 - 11:14 PM.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,591 posts
:huh: I´ll try my best. But yes, there´re questions i don´t have an answer to. Here is the proof. I didn´t answer all questions.

Yes the WL must always be your first choise for your 13th if you like him or not.

Edited by Dark Bjoern, 08 August 2008 - 04:21 AM.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts
Heh, I'll put in a good word for you with my Ultramarine brethren. Besides, very few people even know most of those answers.

Anyways, thanks again, and I do like the Wolf Lord, considering I can have my two favorite models murdering people day and night.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

when that time comes I'm sure it will be answered only in a hail of bolter shells directed to the one who had the question :P along side with the rest of his great company :P

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts

okay, i have to face answer this with a question of my own. what are the odds of the sun NOT rising tomorrow?

the answer to my question and your question is the same. absolutely none.

any so called "questions" that dark bjorn cant answer are lies and propoganda of the Great ENemy, and to cast doubt on our great loremaster is the greatest of heresies.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
bahahaha no pressure at all towards wolf brother Dark Bjoern :P

Everyone (Long Fang and Bloodclaws) here at the FANG, always benefits from the actual facts and fluff concerning our Space Wolves chapter, the knowledge from our resident Rune Priest is sacred! more ale for everyone!! for RUSS!!

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
I said so about the Hq thing.
There are no Deamons in 40k

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

bahahaha no pressure at all towards wolf brother Dark Bjoern :P

Everyone (Long Fang and Bloodclaws) here at the FANG, always benefits from the actual facts and fluff concerning our Space Wolves chapter, the knowledge from our resident Rune Priest is sacred! more ale for everyone!! for RUSS!!

Indeed.

As a refined Ultramarine I'd like to sa-...ah hell! Gimme some ale!

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

No, I don't believe so. He's the resident Space Wolf. And The Emperors Champion, Pariah and I, are the Ultramarine ones. Go figure.

But, I have something to say. Nowhere does it state the Wolf Lord is a "0-1" Choice. The Rune Priest and Wolf Priests are "0-1", but the Lord isn't. His just say's "1", not "0-1", but just "1".

I'm out of town but if I remember correctly, on the first page of the 13th company dex (where it gives you the new Mark of Wulfen points and rules) it says to use your HQ list in SW codex, and there it has the 0-1 limit for a wolf lord. :)

I've used my 13th company only in RTT's that were 1850 or below, as 2500 isn't possible without a new FoC (as Dark B. stated before).

Good Luck, and you'd probably not be able to use them at a Tournie anyways since they're not supported this GT so unless your tournie organizer allows it, you can't field them. ;)
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

mega_marines

mega_marines

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,549 posts

I'm out of town but if I remember correctly, on the first page of the 13th company dex (where it gives you the new Mark of Wulfen points and rules) it says to use your HQ list in SW codex, and there it has the 0-1 limit for a wolf lord. :)

I've used my 13th company only in RTT's that were 1850 or below, as 2500 isn't possible without a new FoC (as Dark B. stated before).

Good Luck, and you'd probably not be able to use them at a Tournie anyways since they're not supported this GT so unless your tournie organizer allows it, you can't field them. :lol:

Wait, I'm looking at my print right now, and it doesn't say 0-1 or the Wolf Lord...