Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about a thing I want to test with Wolfs. WIP Pics!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Hail Brothers,

I have been looking though all my booxes of Marines, (Yes, all of them. Including the GW bags that's are over the top with stuff.)) And I have found at least 15 Dark Angels bodies. From the time when I was dancing in robes. Now, I am wondering if there is any way of including the minis in my Space Wolf army. Like the Warrior Priests of Thor or something like that. Connecting it with Norse myth which seems to be the same as Fenrisan myth.

Best Regards
Menathorn

Edited by Menathorn, 13 August 2008 - 08:34 PM.

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
Well if you can pelt those robes up somewhat using greenstuff your already on the good road. Maybe a few SW bits here and their (if you have any).
There are no Deamons in 40k

KeithGatchalian

KeithGatchalian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 264 posts
I once put a Chaos Plasma Cannon on a SW dreadnought. I almost always rolled 1's, or was destroyed in the first turn, and started losing alot. I got rid of the model, and things turned around for me.

Using Dark Angels models in a SW army is bad karma, dude.

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts
Green Stuff fur onto the robes.

However there is a Nordic Rune known as the "Wolf Engel" or "Wolf Angel" more commonly refered to as a Wolf's Hook.
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Well, I was thinking of making them more Wolfen. Not using hooded heads, adding furr on the shoulders. Hadn't thought of furr on the robes. But that would make it very good. I would like to make a unit that is very characteristic.

Did you have a link for the Wolf Angels?

lothbrok

lothbrok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
id try to avoid turning the robes totally into wolf pelts ive seen this done and it dont usally end well but just edge em with green stuff would lokk way better. but you could have them as an elite squad of veterans in your company or somethin kinda like lesser wolfguard.

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
That would probably be even better. Have worked with the poses of them and they are soon done for green Stuffing. Any one want pics?

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts

Any one want pics?

Dumb question ;)

Always :)
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CaptInsaneO

CaptInsaneO

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts
I'd suggest melting them :tu: They are Dark Angel models after all...
40k isn't just about winning, it's about how well you lose. If you're opponent is going to win, the less models of his alive to brag about it the better :)

I hate Lucius.

Denkal

Denkal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
10 robed marines?

That would be one EPIC Wolf Lord display base...

I'd imagine the Blood Feud goes for the Fallen, too. Not that the Wolves would know the differences.

My Armies:(W/D/L)
Space Wolves: 23/3/12
13th Company: 2/0/1
Tau: 2/1/3

"It was a simple enough plan, which was good. But Ragnar had enough experience to know that no matter how simple, no plan ever went smoothly when executed by Space Wolves."

-William King, Wolfblade

barek

barek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts

10 robed marines? That would be one EPIC Wolf Lord display base...

:D ;) :) Briljant! Indeed about the only way to make this work IMHO.
"Emperor have pity, for the Long Fangs will not."
Brother Leethel

CaptInsaneO

CaptInsaneO

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 40 posts

10 robed marines?

That would be one EPIC Wolf Lord display base...

I'd imagine the Blood Feud goes for the Fallen, too. Not that the Wolves would know the differences.

Hell yeah thats an awesome idea. I've got a regular Dark Angel opponent...so is this idea under patent? :yes:
40k isn't just about winning, it's about how well you lose. If you're opponent is going to win, the less models of his alive to brag about it the better :)

I hate Lucius.

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Well, go ahead and do it. It would be a cool one :P

And I just had to test this one! :yes: :angry:

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Hail Brothers,

I got the camera and took some pic of them. They are all WIP minis. But I must say that I love the way my Wolf Guard Leader turned out. Pistol and Thunder Hammer! Tell me what you think of them!

Best Regards
Menathorn

barek

barek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
I'm sorry. Can't get over the robes. The marines look good but look more like a (very nice) renegade DIY army. The Dark Angel Icon's dont help. Again: good work but make it a DIY chapter, or use wolf rules for this squad and write fluff about the abandoned and rediscovered 'wild man from the forests - chapter' which offered the Wolves that found them there uncompromising help. Or something like that.

Edited by barek, 13 August 2008 - 09:00 PM.

Brother Leethel

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts
cant wait to see how your going to wolf them up with greenstuff and paint
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
The last space marine army I think about when I see those models is Space Wolves, but I'm very excited to see how your GS skills make me think twice. :P
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

FrozenBear

FrozenBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
I like the head swaps, and the robes are pretty cool too.

Edited by FrozenBear, 13 August 2008 - 11:20 PM.

"For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting."

Menathorn

Menathorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Thanks Brothers.

@the Shoulderpads. I am rather short on pads at the moment. So I took them from the same sprue as the robes. My idea is to green stuff over the pads and make rims around the robes. Except on the chest for those that have DA icons, there I will either make fur on the chest or just make a plain area. Some of the heads will get hair and stuff like that.

Should I add seals? I think it's a rather cool looking thing, but they are already going to be heavily converted, might be a bit to much.

On the colour side I haven't decided for what colours I should have the robes in. I have been thinking black. The body parts in Space Wolf Colours, fur in maybe a brighter colour, say a light brownish tone, and the robes black? Could it work? I am well aware of the fact that most of the Wolfs on Fenris are grey, or maybe white. But I don't think that those colour would do any good to the fur. Ideas?

I will be writing some fluff for them. That is why I asked for the information about the "Wolf Engel" I will be trying to get that rune onto some things in my army. With some luck some of them might get it on their chest.

Grimmwulf

Grimmwulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
well, they do look nice. but just not like wolves. wolves don't wear pretty dresses.
I have thought about vonverting a runepriest out of azrael (i got the model as a present) but it just doesn't seem to work ^^ guys in dresses just don't look wolfy, no matter what you do to them.

Grimfoe

Grimfoe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
I think it could work. The models are very nice and wolfing them up could make them look like a particularly pious group of wolves. Write the fluff to have them disappear into the Eye of Terror for centuries. Have them led by a powerful Wolf Priest that kept them away from the taint of Chaos through increased religious devotion to the "All-Father." Something like that.

For wolf pelts, I always favored a mixed color. I would make pelts that blend from a very dark brown to lighter shades and then to an almost white bone-like color:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

See what I mean? It may not be the most realistic painting for the pelts, but it gives the model more depth.

Good Luck

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,668 posts
Those look sweet, I managed a few at games day this year, quick question in the below image:
Posted Image

Where can I find the sword held by the marine on the far left.

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,591 posts

Those look sweet, I managed a few at games day this year, quick question in the below image:
Posted Image

Where can I find the sword held by the marine on the far left.

WHF Chaos warriors box.

Edited by Dark Bjoern, 16 August 2008 - 03:56 AM.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,668 posts
Thanks, I'll double check my bitz box.

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

barek

barek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
Well. I takeback what I said. Found a pic on CMON. http://www.coolminiornot.com/157161
Brother Leethel