Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ideas for Wolf Lord

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

nolan13494

nolan13494

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
I was just making a Wolf Lord and when I finished it seemed a bit bare and not very 'wolfy'. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
So far its just a Long Fangs Sargent with a few pelts, a power sword and a bolt pistol, a knife and gray hair
Any ideas
Thanks

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,247 posts
if its the old long fangs sarg then he alone looks good enough to be a lord. make him have a better and bigger base with dead foes on it. The base will make him stand out. i dont understand what you meen by not wolfy as the old sarge had fur, tails and fangs and a beard? what more do you need to be wolfy, maybe qad a wolf
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

TeamLando

TeamLando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 636 posts
A really pig wolfpelt-cloak usually does the job, greenstuff some onto a Wolf-sprue cloak och make one from scratch with greenstuff using a WH wolf face. I'd say this thing is the most important for a Wolf Lord to have!

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
The main thing I've been using to help my HQ's stand out is using larger more scenic bases.

http://www.wargames-...CookieSupport=1

This is a great place to find bases, I've used many from here and they're just fantastic. Recently I've been trying to make more on my own, I've been using the 40-50mm round bases from Hordes, as I like the little lip and curved edges as it gives a great place to write a name and makes things look a lot more professional.

To get a great snow effect (I'd say 70-80% of my bases are snow or along the winter lines and makes things a bit more wolfy) use the Vallejo Foam Snow for creating effects and base with the GW snow, or GF9 would work as well.

-edited to add link-

Edited by Wolf89, 11 August 2008 - 02:31 PM.

-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

FrozenBear

FrozenBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts

if its the old long fangs sarg then he alone looks good enough to be a lord. make him have a better and bigger base with dead foes on it. The base will make him stand out. i dont understand what you meen by not wolfy as the old sarge had fur, tails and fangs and a beard? what more do you need to be wolfy, maybe qad a wolf

Yeah the old sarge is extremely Wolfy, but from the sounds of it this is the newer box.

Just add some wolf tails, and the box should have came with an Accessory Sprue with a whole heapin' helpin' of Wolfy things.
"For over a thousand years Roman conquerors returning from the wars enjoyed the honor of triumph, a tumultuous parade. In the procession came trumpeteers, musicians and strange animals from conquered territories, together with carts laden with treasure and captured armaments. The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: that all glory is fleeting."