Ideas for Wolf Lord

nolan13494

I was just making a Wolf Lord and when I finished it seemed a bit bare and not very 'wolfy'. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

So far its just a Long Fangs Sargent with a few pelts, a power sword and a bolt pistol, a knife and gray hair

Any ideas

Thanks

if its the old long fangs sarg then he alone looks good enough to be a lord. make him have a better and bigger base with dead foes on it. The base will make him stand out. i dont understand what you meen by not wolfy as the old sarge had fur, tails and fangs and a beard? what more do you need to be wolfy, maybe qad a wolf

A really pig wolfpelt-cloak usually does the job, greenstuff some onto a Wolf-sprue cloak och make one from scratch with greenstuff using a WH wolf face. I'd say this thing is the most important for a Wolf Lord to have!

The main thing I've been using to help my HQ's stand out is using larger more scenic bases.

http://www.wargames-workshop.com/ProductLi...CookieSupport=1

This is a great place to find bases, I've used many from here and they're just fantastic. Recently I've been trying to make more on my own, I've been using the 40-50mm round bases from Hordes, as I like the little lip and curved edges as it gives a great place to write a name and makes things look a lot more professional.

To get a great snow effect (I'd say 70-80% of my bases are snow or along the winter lines and makes things a bit more wolfy) use the Vallejo Foam Snow for creating effects and base with the GW snow, or GF9 would work as well.

-edited to add link-

if its the old long fangs sarg then he alone looks good enough to be a lord. make him have a better and bigger base with dead foes on it. The base will make him stand out. i dont understand what you meen by not wolfy as the old sarge had fur, tails and fangs and a beard? what more do you need to be wolfy, maybe qad a wolf

Yeah the old sarge is extremely Wolfy, but from the sounds of it this is the newer box.

Just add some wolf tails, and the box should have came with an Accessory Sprue with a whole heapin' helpin' of Wolfy things.

Archived