Look to the skies

CallidusLupinus

Yea, this was posted in the new release section (or whatever it's called) and there's a bunch of mixed feelings about it... if it didn't include the codex I wouldn't be soo tempted to buy it, but as others have said, it's such a terrible deal because it's not meant to reduce any price for buying bulk. I'd rather wait and buy what I need separately, because I'm not using any of those HQs, most likely not the thunderfire cannon thing, hell I think the only things I need/want is the drop pod and the codex. :angry:

I agree, the only thing I'd want it for is the Thunderfire cannon (Maybe) and the drop pods - which I need 5 to 6 of...

Speaking of which: the drop pod kit - does it come with the option of making it Dred capable or will that will be a different model entirely do you think?

I agree, the only thing I'd want it for is the Thunderfire cannon (Maybe) and the drop pods - which I need 5 to 6 of...

Speaking of which: the drop pod kit - does it come with the option of making it Dred capable or will that will be a different model entirely do you think?

My guess would be (GW is a company that needs to be efficient) that GW will use one kit, and the sizes will be the same, only difference is there's a center piece that differs from the two. If GW made 2 separate kits for normal and dreads, they'd loose so much money from 2 different molds. :angry:

The Drop Pod rules say it can hold up to 10 marines, 5 terminators, or a Dred. So no one can call you on that. Just leave off the interior marine harnesses, and just say the dred shimmies its way out. But I don't see converting the new DP to the three-doored Dreadnought variant a hassle.

Also, I recall seeing pictures where the pod has a missile launcher underslung, right above where the marines stay. Not quite big enough to warrant a Deathwind label, but it looked like the Missile Launcher may be a replacement option to the standard Storm Bolter. Which, at BS2, and 5th edition, means primarily Frag Missiles.

Archived