Let's talk about heavy bolters

ShinyRhino

Havoc squads or devestator squads with atleast 2 heavy bolters. 12 shots is fantastic. They are very dependable weapons.

I also use attack bikes to bring fast moving heavy bolters. I run tactical squads with either missile and flamer or heavy bolter and melta. The squad mix is in a 1 to 1 ratio.

if i was just about anyone in warhammer 40k i would probley bring about 8 heavly bolter to the game at most being that the game is about inf still and need any kind of down range mid str guns are big in the game now. just saying i just looking at the army i running right now and im going to start bring about 6 to 8 im my list keeping a blance between anti tank and anti inf if i can.

yea but you playing sister of battle that means that you can also spread you heavly bolter in the clestains also if you want a to. tht means that you can run 10 man clestins with two strom bolter and heavly bolter giving you a more flex-type unit if may add on. yes the extorist really hurts when you just getting shot at anyway.

other than that marine i think need a more indirect aproach being that everything in the army runs about 200 per unit depending on how you army them. naturally i would lean toward devators but being game is about offense and defense you need a more apporachabe unit in 40k and yes a speailzied unit can help out a lot..

Celestians are a bit of a waste of points to me. Thirteen points for a unit that can only have a single heavy weapon, isn't scoring, and isn't erally all that much better than a common Battle Sister (ever since they went back on the Holy Hatred FAQ) in assault... just not worth it. And even if you do consider the Celestians somehow to be decent in an assault and thus worth the extra points spent for them despite not being able to cap, what's the point of taking a heavy bolter on an assault squad?

In comparison, Retributors can take four heavy bolters.

here a better idea try running a stermguard wtih two heavy bolter to boler there arlready great of amount of firepower they generate in the need of ap 4.

or running in conjuction with attack bike unit and a predator as you said before. being that you bulding support base.

Sternguard have ap 3 for a firing mode, so they dont need ap 4.

Also if you gave them HBs you are either forcing them to stand still to fire the HBs, and probably not maximising the effectiveness of their ridiculously amazing bolters. The only viable reason to take HBs is if you were going to use sternguard as an alternate dev squad, but you are better off just taking the dev squad and using the Sternguard's ammo to better use.

Frankly, i dont think you should stick any heavy weapons on sternguard. Combi-weapons are the way to go.

Back on topic, personally i like land speeders with two HBs. Dirt cheap and able to redeploy massive anti-infantry/horde firepower wherever you need it. Attack bikes are also good platforms for them.

Archived