Which Great Company do you play?

VonMerrick

I went old school on mine and used Ragnar's symbol as more of a generic Space Wolves emblem. I am using a lot of metal shoulder pads and forge world bits so my hands were tied a bit in that regard. I'm using Logan as my leader but I free handed a Ragnar wolf head on his shoulder and am just using him as a generic lord of some type (haven't decided which yet).

i like the idea of the shadow company, since my wolves are very dark grey. cheers wolf lord kieran. do you think you could send me some more info plz. much appreciated.

I really have no information on the SHadow Wolves, kinda just made them up. the color skeme is half black (left) and half shadow grey (right). the shoulder pads are lined with light blue.

the idea came from the stupidly high number of guardsmen/inquisition in my area, and i didnt like repeated "training missions". I figured that of the the Marines of the Imperium, the Space Wolves were the most likely to fight against the Imperium as for it. So the Shadow Wolves were born. While the Old Wolf has fought the Imperium, he is learned enough to know that any direct challanges to the Imperium would face swift annhilation, and even the might of the SWs couldnt previal against such a foe.

Thats pretty much it.

wolf lord kieran

Sorry to say, after getting the new C:SM tonight, my company will be a "Lost" one.

Why? I've seen the codex and see absolutely no reason to switch. Especially since as the only subsidiary codex remaining we do get access to some of the new stuff.

Just on the book alone, without any special characters, you can customize your army to be either Assault oriented, Ground and Pound, static and moveable firepowered, and mechanized.

So as a SW player, I can still pull something out of this list-wise that would somehow mimic the SW Codex and the way I am sort of used to playing.

Yes there are distinct differences that most wolf players do not want to give up, but something as simple as Assault Squads without Jump Packs equipped with Rhinos is very appealing. Tactical Squads can still be somewhat assault oriented depending on the weapon load out, and there are now very customizable HQ's such as the Captain.

So I can have those rhino-borne assault marines with two flamers in each squad, and I can so choose to load out my Tactical Squads with reduced range heaavy weapons to have that up close and personal gaming feel. This way the HW's can compliment the 24" Bolter range or the 12" Rapid Fire "Bolter Shock" range. Or no heavies at all, and acquire the "Fleet" special rule.

Command Squads are still awesome and customizable, and in larger games, C+C oreiented Honour Guard can be used.

Aside from "counter attack" and some more wolfy specific things, I don't think I am losing much.

I welcome the codex and am throwing ideas around in my head list-wise like a turbulent hurricane.

My force is based around the Great Comapny of Eirik Xenobane. I use the traditional wolf head (since all the forgeworld stuff is using it) on a red field. I like the Logan model and use it as my Wolf Lord.

It's themed around 'nid hunting and I like to add nid bits to the models as trophies or scenic details.

Archived