Which Wolf Company

Lone Scout

Ok I have finally made up my mind on army choice, the mighty and heroic Spacewolves. All I need now is to figure out which company. Any and all advise welcome. Also is there a way around painting them light blue (it sure isn't grey)?

Welcome Lone Scout! I wonder if you're not posting in the wrong forum? Not that i mind but i suspect you'd get more in depth answers in the Space Wolf forum.

About the paint i've seen good results from Shadow grey and blending up to Fortress grey.

Ok I have finally made up my mind on army choice, the mighty and heroic Spacewolves. All I need now is to figure out which company. Any and all advise welcome. Also is there a way around painting them light blue (it sure isn't grey)?

If you don´t know, Whelp, how should we know? At the end it´s your Great Company. All you need to do is to choose a symbol for your GC cause with the exception of Ragnar´s Great Company there is not much official fluff for the GCs. And how you paint them it also much up to you. If have seen so many painting schema. For myself i like the pre-heresy schema and i use codex grey as my basic color. You should take a look here SW Gallery. I´m sure you will find some inspiration.

The last page of the Space Wolf codex, shows the grand annulus with the signs of the current 12 wolf lords. Several of these are represented by the decal sheet that’s available from GW. In addition to these 12 companies, many players chose their own symbol to represent a past. future, or unaccounted for company. Ragnar’s symbol is the most popular and used by GW in the codex and their studio army.

As for the color, any grey can do. Currently wolves range from the “official” blue-grey, to codex and fortress grey used most recently by the 13th Company. Mine are planned to use shadow grey as a basecoat over black. Then I’ll highlight with a 50/50 mix of Shadow Grey and Space Wolves Grey, and finally highlight the extreme sharp edges with space wolves grey.

Who says you have to pick one company? I collect about 4... lol.

Of course though, I do have nearly 8000 points of wolves right now.

Logan Grimnars company.... 2000 pts heavy with Wolf Guard Terminators, Grey Hunters, and Wolf Scouts, with some Long Fangs and dreadnaughts

to cover them.

Ragnar Blackmanes company... 2000 pts heavy on Blood Claws with just a few Wolf Guard (Ragnars Bodyguard) and just a few LFs and GH.

Engir Krackendooms company... 2000 pts heavy with vehicles and bikers... the Sea Wolf to me seemed the perfect symbol for a ship/speed company.

Jorin Bloodfangs company... 2000 pts of 13th Co fun.

Logans company is more of a codex grey, as is Jorins, almost a pre-heresy look.

Engirs wolves are more dark blue/grey, like deep ocean water.

Ragnars wolves are the 'traditional' space wolf grey.

Engir Krackendooms company... 2000 pts heavy with vehicles and bikers... the Sea Wolf to me seemed the perfect symbol for a ship/speed company.

Engirs wolves are more dark blue/grey, like deep ocean water.

I like this idea alot...sorta like a Spacewolf navy. I like the idea of bikes and attack bikes too so this might be a good option.

Thanks everyone :tu:

It is a bit fun to play Lone Scout, although I must say that they might soon be second class... the White Scars get a new character in the new SM codex that will make the Scars a better choice I am sure... unless some of those same rules carry over to us.

If you do go for the Sea Wolf though, dont neglect the Land Speeders as well.... they are vital.

Here is my 2000 point Sea Wolf list.

2000 Pts - Space Wolves Roster - The Sea Wolf

HQ: Wolf Lord (5#, 509 Pts)

1 Wolf Lord Engir Krackendoom @ 509 Pts

Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Melta Bombs; Frost Blade (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Runic Armour; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman; Wolf Guard Bodyguard

1 Auspex @ [2] Pts

1 Master-Crafted Weapon @ [15] Pts

1 Runic Armour @ [20] Pts

1 Space Marine Bike @ [35] Pts

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

1 Wolf Tail Talisman @ [1] Pts

1 Wolf Tooth Necklace @ [10] Pts

1 Wolf Guard Bodyguard @ [310] Pts

Power Weapon (x1); Plasma Cannon; 1 Elite Elite; True Grit; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

1 Bionics @ [5] Pts

1 Master-Crafted Weapon @ [10] Pts

1 Space Marine Bike @ [20] Pts

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

1 Wolf Guard @ [74] Pts

Power Weapon (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

1 Master-Crafted Weapon @ [10] Pts

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

1 Wolf Guard @ [64] Pts

Power Weapon (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt; Wolf Tail Talisman

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

1 Wolf Guard @ [63] Pts

Power Weapon (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

HQ: Wolf Priest (1#, 183 Pts)

1 Wolf Priest @ 183 Pts

Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Weapon (x1); True Grit; Runic Armour; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt

1 Fang of Morkai @ [5] Pts

1 Healing Potions & Balms @ [25] Pts

1 Iron Wolf Amulet @ [0] Pts

1 Runic Armour @ [20] Pts

1 Space Marine Bike @ [35] Pts

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

HQ: Venerable Dreadnought (1#, 185 Pts)

1 Venerable Dreadnought @ 185 Pts

Twin Linked Lascannon; Missile Launcher

Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squadron (2#, 130 Pts)

2 Attack Bike Squadron @ 130 Pts

Frag Grenades; Twin Linked Bolter (x2); Multi-Melta (x2)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 65 Pts)

1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 65 Pts

Multi-Melta (x1)

Fast Attack: Blood Claws Bike Pack (9#, 328 Pts)

8 Blood Claws Bike Pack @ 328 Pts

Twin Linked Bolter (x8); Close Combat Weapon (x6); Power Fist (x1); Power Weapon (x1); Wolf Guard Leader

1 Wolf Guard Leader @ [68] Pts

Power Weapon (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Space Marine Bike; Wolf Pelt

Twin Linked Bolter

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

Troops: Grey Hunter Pack (11#, 333 Pts)

9 Grey Hunter Pack @ 333 Pts

Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon (x7); Bolter (x9); Power Fist (x1); Power Weapon (x1); True Grit; Wolf Guard Leader

1 Rhino @ [63] Pts

Storm Bolter; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Smoke Launchers

1 Wolf Guard Leader @ [56] Pts

Melta Bombs; Lightning Claw (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Wolf Pelt

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

Troops: Blood Claws Pack (11#, 267 Pts)

9 Blood Claws Pack @ 267 Pts

Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol (x9); Close Combat Weapon (x7); Power Fist (x1); Power Weapon (x1); Wolf Guard Leader

1 Rhino @ [64] Pts

Storm Bolter; Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

1 Wolf Guard Leader @ [57] Pts

Frag Grenades; Melta Bombs; Lightning Claw (x1); Storm Shield (x1); True Grit; Wolf Pelt

1 Wolf Pelt @ [3] Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Created with Army Builder

Copyright © 1997-2006 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. All rights reserved.

Archived