Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wolf Pup facing the bugs needs help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

Inquisitor Meyer

Inquisitor Meyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
Dear Wolf Brothers,

I am normally an Inquisition player but I've been formally drawn to the Space Wolves. Their radical differences to the Codex Astartes made them appealing to me as I like to be able to handle myself in close combat but also have some fire Support. I've prepared this list to face tomorrow a friend of mine who plays Tyanids and I would appreciate feedback and suggestions.

Space Wolves - 1500 point list - vs Tyranids.

HQ - Wolf Battle Leader - 113 pts
Frost Weapon
Termie Armour
Stormbolter
Wolf Pelt
Wolf Tooth Necklace

Secondary HQ:
Rune Priest - 144 points
Runic Staff (Equivalent of Psychic Hood)
Rune Weapon (Equivelent of Force Weapon)
Wolf Pelt
Wolf Tooth Necklace
Bolter

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Tornado - 75 points
Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta

Land Speeder Tornado - 75 points
Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta

Troops:

Grey Hunters Pack - 10 modele - 214 pts
2x Power Fists
1x Flamer
1x Wolfguard Leader: Power Fist, Bolter, Wolf Pelt

Blood Claws Pack - 10 modele - 170 pts
2x Power Fists
1x Flamer

Blood Claws Pack - 10 modele - 170 pts
2x Power Fists
1x Flamer

Heavy Support:

Long Fang Pack 5 models (4 Long Fangs + Pack Leader) - 248
4x Lascannons

Predator Annihilator - 145 pts
Full Lascannon config (Twin Linked Las Cannon, Sponson Las Cannons)
A spiritu dominatus,Domine, libra nos,From the lighting and the tempest,Our Emperor, deliver us.
From plague, temptation and war,Our Emperor, deliver us,From the scourge of the Kraken,Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the blasphemy of the Fallen,Our Emperor, deliver us,From the begetting of daemons,Our Emperor, deliver us,
From the curse of the mutant,Our Emperor, deliver us,A morte perpetua,Domine, libra nos.
That thou wouldst bring them only death,
That thou shouldst spare none,
That thou shouldst pardon none
We beseech the, destroy them.'

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,596 posts
A solid list. But to give you advice it would be helpful if you can tell us something about the ´nid list. Is it a horde list, a Nidzilla list or more balanced?

By the way, we had have some good tactical discussions about ´nids in the past. Try seachy.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,665 posts
I would assume with the number of Lascannons you are taking that it is a nidzilla army. If that is the case i would maybe remove the heavy flamers from the landspeeders as these wont be much of a use against nidzilla, a heavy bolter or assault cannon would cause more damage in the long run.

In fact if you can jiggle the list to remove all flamers and instead add some melta guns this may be more beneficial aswell. The nidzilla list ive played had all 2+saves but no invulnerable. Power weapons and ap2 are the way to go.
Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Inquisitor Meyer

Inquisitor Meyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
My friend usually fields three monstrous creatures in the shape of Two Hive Tyrants (one Flyrant with Devourers or Scything Talons), one walker Defiler with devourers, a Carnifex with Barbed Strangler and Venom Cannon. Otherwise he can field between 6 and 9 warriors, two zoanthropes, genestealers and swarms of gaunts (termas screening hormagaunts). It's what I expect pretty much of him. He doesnt use nidzilla but a more balanced list. His warriors usually pack Devourers, barbed Stranglers, deathspitters and the like.
A spiritu dominatus,Domine, libra nos,From the lighting and the tempest,Our Emperor, deliver us.
From plague, temptation and war,Our Emperor, deliver us,From the scourge of the Kraken,Our Emperor, deliver us.
From the blasphemy of the Fallen,Our Emperor, deliver us,From the begetting of daemons,Our Emperor, deliver us,
From the curse of the mutant,Our Emperor, deliver us,A morte perpetua,Domine, libra nos.

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,596 posts
Assault Cannons are your friend. Personally i prefer small GH packs with Razorbacks, Land Speeder Tornados with HB/AC and four dreads (2 AC/DCCW and 2 TLLC/ML). That´s normally enough heavy firepower to take out everything.

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Inquisitor Meyer

Inquisitor Meyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
I made this list to counter what he has with Infantry as I lack a big number of tanks. I only have my Predator, a Rhino and the Two Landspeeders vehicle wise. I also have a Dreadnought but i considered the Landspeeders due to their movement speed would be on the safer bet here. Also the Heavy Flamers are bound to go after his gaunts and if needed their multi meltas can assist the Long Fangs and Predators in taking out the big Tyranid Constructs.

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,665 posts
I can see where your coming from with the speeder armament however i think its a risky strategy getting a heavy flamer that close to units of gaunts or warriors. it may be hard to hit in combat but enough attacks and one or two will get through. I would have them engage at range and use their speed to stay out of danger.
Snipper Rifles: 36", Heavy D3 Rending, as they hurl barber's scissors across the battlefield with deadly precision!

Inquisitor Meyer

Inquisitor Meyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
I intended to get the Landspeeders to take out his little guys, not the warriors. Sure I could replace with a Dreadnought in the Elite Slot as well but for some reason i found the Landspeeders better. :rolleyes: Then again we'll see how it works, perhaps my gamble will pay off, perhaps not.

Gaz1858

Gaz1858

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,665 posts
Cool, Good luck, post back how it goes

Inquisitor Meyer

Inquisitor Meyer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 41 posts
Will post tomorrow a nice report once the Battle itself is completed.

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts
just 2 troops

How is he going to take objectives?
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Valhalla

Valhalla

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 170 posts
Nothing scares Orks and Nid's more than large blast templates so I'd add a vindicator to that list. Also look to adding a Leman Russ with 3 heavy bolters, thats 11 shots per turn that'll chew up infantry like nothing else.

Drop the MM and HF on your landspeeders for AC and HB.

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,105 posts
Small GH packs with HB Razors, meltas and PF's will shred him.

I would also consider swapping LC's for Heavy Bolters - the split fire rule makes this very practical, and 'Nid's can't be instant killed so against Warriors a HB is preferable to a LC.

Otherwise, good list. Good luck
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.