Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre-Heresy Death Guard: Truescaled

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Praexes

Praexes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Been working on this for a while, mostly posting on Warseer and Thousand-Sons.com. Thought I'd share here.

Here is some of the artwork I hope to emulate in my True Scale Death Guard.
+++++

Posted Image

Wow... what can you say? It's just an awesome piece of artwork. I'm not ambitious, skilled or hardworking enough to attempt a true-scale Mortarion though; the closest I plan for is a Captain in Iron Armour with the same Dark Gold/Bronze armour with laquered off-white sections on it.

+++++

Posted Image

Again, an awesome piece. These are the Deathshroud, Mortarion's bodyguard. I really like that this keeps the DG imagry, but pulls away from the plain-jane style they are usually depicted as.

Here's what I have on the Marine so far:

Posted Image
Posted Image

All that remains is to add definition to the left leg, bulk up the right leg so it can be covered by a robe, and do the robe itself. The backpack/powerplant will be glued on last so I can paint more easily.

Edited by Praexes, 20 August 2008 - 04:18 AM.

Captain Engelhardt

Captain Engelhardt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts
Good job so far :D

The only problem I have is the chestplate. It's way too long...the skull of the "chest"plate should be on the chest, not somewhere around the belly. Also the lower part covers the cod piece...not good ;) fix that and you'll have a nice PH warrior . Also have a look at the Mk3 Khorne Berzerker Helmet, it's perfect for Death Guard.
"Children of the Emperor! Death to His foes!"

Praexes

Praexes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Well... it's supposed to cover the codpiece. That's how Mks III and IV armour was.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I understand about the skull plate though...

Captain Engelhardt

Captain Engelhardt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 501 posts
Nope, the chestplate didn't cover the codpiece. The picture you shared shows this very well. The codpiece is a piece separated from the chestplate.
"Children of the Emperor! Death to His foes!"

Praexes

Praexes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Ah, ok. I'll change that.

Thanks for telling me! :D

Mr.(Space)Marine

Mr.(Space)Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
You're right, those are damn cool pictures. Looking forward to the results.

DiStudios

DiStudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Deathshroud artwork is very impressive, would be awesome to see that as a figure set.

"Numfar! Do the dance of shame!"