Ye Olde Decal Project

I'm looking to commission a custom decal setup if someone's interested - PM me if you can. Essentially I'm looking for the "Stags Head" look from the Bretonnian Warhammer figures, but sized for space marines, or something like it (think House Baratheon from Game of Thrones).

Help a guy whose tired of carefully cutting knight transfer sheets out :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not sure if this qualifies as what is okay to post as a request on this page, but does anyone have a high-res pdf of the OOP Imperial Knight transfer sheets. I'm specifically looking for the one with House Krast. I'd love a copy of that since you can no longer buy them. 

THanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone create a decal sheet for me with the pegasus symbol in my sig pic in black?

the left one to be precise (they will be going on the left shoulder pad of my guard)

Edited by Brother Lorien

Can someone please tell me where to get inkjet decal paper cheaply in Europe, preferably Germany? While about 2€/sheet is not a crippling price it is still a lot more than <1$/sheet that the American sellers offer.

Can someone please tell me where to get inkjet decal paper cheaply in Europe, preferably Germany? While about 2€/sheet is not a crippling price it is still a lot more than <1$/sheet that the American sellers offer.

I would try Amazon.com  or Ebay.

I would try Amazon.com  or Ebay.

Amazon.com is for the USA. I got the prices I mentioned before from amazon.de. Ebay isn't better unless the stuff is sent from the USA, which means all the savings are eaten by the S&H and posibly customs fees.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if someone could do a decal sheet with this symbol for my DIY Chapter :smile.:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/1276346585/gallery_51296_5005_8195.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Kurgan the Lurker
Fixed your busted link. -- Kurgan

Ok all the new decals have been added (bar 2 which are coming this week from Emperor's Fury) to the first posts in the thread. I've updated some other info including artists and another free program that can help you make your own decals (Inkscape). I also added back in a few of the files that were lost (still trying to track down the 13th Co. and Ragnars Company sheets though).

• 1 month later...

Any chance of getting this Blood Angels symbol done up in decal form?

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130922195609/warhammer40k/images/a/a8/Pre-Heresy_BA_Mk_III.jpg

I know there is only half a symbol, but I'm sure a photo shop guru could figure it out!

Thanks in advance!

(I tried to upload it to the B&C but I cant for some reason...)

• 4 months later...

Is there any way you guys could make a decal sheet using this symbol?

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/temp_material/golden-sword-of-orion.jpg.

(You may need to just copy/paste the link into your search key, since I did this on my phone and can't do a direct link). Anyway, thanks in advance for any work or consideration you do!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, gonna reverse the 'common' question of this thread. Over the past few weeks, I've been focusing on Salamanders and related units when making decal sheets (figures, as I play Salamanders), but with a few minor exceptions, I've covered all the bases for the Boys in Green. So... anybody need a decal sheet not currently in the B&C inventory? No commission, no charge (although I won't complain if you like the work I do enough to send some models my way :wink: ).

Will do, Kurgan. Figure before cutting time, I can go through the files here and start looking at the SW Codex.

Okay... Looks like we are missing Erik Morkai's Sons of Morkai, Logan Grimnar's Champions of Fenris, Bjorn Stormwolf's Stormwolves, and Egil Iron Wolf's Ironwolves. Hmm... Looking over those symbols, I can probably knock them out before surgery.

Edited by Carlson793

Will do, Kurgan. Figure before cutting time, I can go through the files here and start looking at the SW Codex.

Okay... Looks like we are missing Erik Morkai's Sons of Morkai, Logan Grimnar's Champions of Fenris, Bjorn Stormwolf's Stormwolves, and Egil Iron Wolf's Ironwolves. Hmm... Looking over those symbols, I can probably knock them out before surgery.

Much appreciated, Carlson. The other files you've shared recently have been top notch.

Here's an idea: do the pre-existing SW logos in different colors where appropriate. Examples include: A blue sea-wolf, yellow or red Ragnar company decals, a red Morkai two-headed wolf, and best of all, the Stormwolf/Thunderwolf in new varieties: red, blue, yellow, white. I've wanted this ever since the 2nd ed. Codex. All these would increase modellers' options many times over, and are entirely appropriate for the SW, who might use different colors in their lord's iconography even within a single Great Company.

Edited by RRChristensen

Hey RRC, after a quick morning getting the last of the Great Company decal sheets prepped and posted, I'm gonna take the rest of the day off from decal sheets. Figure my bosses might like it if I do the job I'm being paid for, especially since I'm using their software licenses to prep the decals :wink:

Tomorrow I'll get modifiable sheets prepped for the Co. we already had so I can colorize them. Hmm... and, looking at the GW SW sheet I brought to work with me, I also need to do a reversed version of Grimnar's sheet (white moon/black wolf).

• 3 weeks later...

Back on the job! Per RRC's request, I've created color versions of the logos I prepped before surgery in red, yellow, and Space Wolves blue (plus a reversed black wolf/white moon version of the Logan Grimnar logo), and they're awaiting admin approval. Over the next few days, I'll be converting the by-other-folks SW decal sheets to add color.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm gonna head up to the gym to do my rehab exercises - still need to adjust the work desk so I'm not aching by end of shift.

Edited by Carlson793

Just a progress update. I'm behind on my Space Wolves colorizations. On the plus side, it's due to commission work. On the minus side, I'll never be able to look Slipstreams in the eye, as the commissioner has asked for 'exclusive rights' to the final sheet of HH IF logos/icons :whistling: