Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Horus Heresy Apoc Battle 60,000 pts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

zedsdead

zedsdead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
30k per side

This weekend our gaming group "Battle for Salvation" held an Heresy Apoc battle. One side represented terra and the battle for the imperial city. the other half of the board representing Istivan III. Every model was fully painted.
What a great day of gaming.

check out the vid fred made up and posted on you tube

new and improved vid:

Edited by zedsdead, 20 August 2008 - 01:07 PM.

Ju'kosian

Ju'kosian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,652 posts
OMG :jaw: :jaw: :P :drool:

Hyperion

Hyperion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
A-buuuh! :)
ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

BattleBrother

BattleBrother

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
Wow some great looking models! Looked like fun :blink:

Which side won by the way?

Solinus

Solinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
WOW! Yeah which side won? This must have been awesome, wish i was there.

Btw loving the Death Note track :D

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts
Need a BatRep synopsis.

This must have been awesome.

How long did each turn take?
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

Lord Janos

Lord Janos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 197 posts
*dies from seeing the sheer amount of models*

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_11157.jpg

Solid Zaku

Solid Zaku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
Holy mother of...that's amazing. Was it played with 4th or 5th ed. rules? If it was with 4th you'd probably still be playing till you're receiving your pensions.
Adeptus Psychologus

Arguably the most sigged frater in the Bolter and Chainsword

QUOTE (The Emperor's Champion @ Sep 26 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're a cruel, heartless monster! :o

Mr.(Space)Marine

Mr.(Space)Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts
:D :P :tu: wow...awesome. Very awesome...can't find the words to describe it...40ktastic...no, 30ktastic!

Kyogen

Kyogen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
*Head Explodes*

That is INCREDIBLE! You have won Warhammer 40,000. Grats!

Edited by Kyogen, 19 August 2008 - 02:41 PM.

RAZZLE DAZZLE!!!

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
(runs off to get new computer, as it exploded from sheer awesomeness)WOW :D :D :jaw: :eek :eek how many legions did you use, all of them?
QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????

Brother Cambrius

Brother Cambrius

++ VISUM COLORATOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,787 posts
*faints and convulses by the sheer awseomeness and power of what I see*

:):jaw::):jaw:;)

ALL THE FOUNDING LEGIONS?!?!?!?!?

That must have been a superb game to play in. Who won? Surely GW should know of this battle, it would make a great feature for Apocalypse? Which legion did you own?

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius, 19 August 2008 - 08:54 PM.

gallery_26154_15777_7413.png sml_gallery_81492_11492_822.pngjHkptLG.png]gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_48988_10069_2782.png gallery_48988_11572_5225.pnggallery_48988_15094_15503.png

Death Guard

Death Guard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts
Great Video and awesome models, looks like more fun than one can handle! :) :) ;)

I really envy you guys!

On a side note, just add up, how much all of your friends have spend on their minis, i guess you could buy a decent car for this.

Last but not least I would like the outcome of this titanic clash!

Great Video and awesome models, looks like more fun than one can handle! :o :o :o

I really envy you guys!

On a side note, just add up, how much all of your friends have spend on their minis, i guess you could buy a decent car for this.

Last but not least I would like the outcome of this titanic clash!

DiStudios

DiStudios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Fantastic choice of soundtrack <3 Deathnote! The battle and sheer figures is completely awe inspiring :D

"Numfar! Do the dance of shame!"

zedsdead

zedsdead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 121 posts
Yea all 18 Legions were represented. Some lesser than others. We did have to do some scrambling in the last week to get unpainted models finished in time for the game.
No Proxies no unpainted :P

I was running Dark Angels headed up by Sammael 3000 points.

The battle was a Chaos victory. The Space Wolves, White Scars, and the Khorne contingents were just about wiped out. Biggest moments of the day was with the death of Abbaddon the Black legion out from under the despoilers thumb turned and attacked the IW. The biggest surprise was Cypher joining the DA and then turning their guns on the Iron Hands.
Greatest moment came when while teleporting 1500 pts of BA and Imp Fists to the Imperial left flank, Word Bearer terminators dedicated to Khorne attacked and successfuly destroyed teleport pad thus stranding the Imperials inteleportation hell.

5th edition rules were played and made the game run alot faster then 4th edition was in apoc games.

We started the game around 9:30 am and finished 4 turns by 7:30 PM. We could have played a 5th round but guys were getting tired.

Other notable points of the battle was the Salamanders Librarians unbelievable ability to role 6's on his psychic hood...nullifying many 1k sons sorcerers psychic powers.

1st round orbital bombardments on objectives which proved both devastating yet ineffective on moving chaos elements off of objectives.

Even though Chaos did win the day points wise. At game end loyalists held the emperors citidel in the end and traitors held istvan III. All true to fluff.

Abbadons death and subsequent turning of the black legion on there fellow traitors and Cyphers return added an unbelievable fun wrinkle to the game.

Sons of russ could not resist the attraction of going full out and turning to fully engage its Dark angel rivals.

Im pretty bad at batreps so i appologise... if one of the guys does a write up i promise to post it here

new video

Edited by zedsdead, 20 August 2008 - 03:17 AM.

Jawaballs

Jawaballs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 192 posts
Hey Ed, think you can link my Vid to this?? :D Chris
Check out my Blood Angels blog here!

And my "How to Paint Space Marines" videos and Scenic Resin Bases HERE.

Brother Curcius Arcanus

Brother Curcius Arcanus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts
how many models on each sid. like 20 000. dies from pure awsomness :D :huh: :eek its so nice i cry :cry: