LA Games Day

Lord Wartooth

Just have fun. Are they having a tourney? or is it just a selling convention you pay for? lol Take some money for things you might want. If they have a ForgeWorld table get to it fast and get what you want before it's gone.

Main thing is to just have fun, and go with a friend.

This will be my second go around at the LA games day.

Basically, have fun. Not so basically, do a mega battle if you can (they are a blast), there will be all sorts of tables/crafts you can do, some will be more popular than others (building a character or making terrain out of Cities of Death buildings are very popular). You'll see a bunch of new models on display, some fantastically painted Golden Demon entries, and some poor saps who are playing 40k and Fantasy tournaments and missing all the fun! Do speed painting if you are inbetween activities. You won't be able to do everything, (there's too much to do), but you can have a blast the entire time.

Just another question... as I do have tickets and if I can bring myself out of my brooding I might still attend the UK Games day...

What to bring?

Should you bring along an army? Play a quick game with the ones they have set up?

How does that work?

Also, the speed painting and all that, do you get to keep the stuff you make/paint?

Just another question... as I do have tickets and if I can bring myself out of my brooding I might still attend the UK Games day...

What to bring?

Should you bring along an army? Play a quick game with the ones they have set up?

How does that work?

Also, the speed painting and all that, do you get to keep the stuff you make/paint?

1. Do the model diorama/character creation table first. It will fill up like crazy and you won't be able to get in later. I saw one person building an entire 10 man Chaos Space Marine squad. Guess he got his $40 admission back at that table alone (selfish git).

What to bring - Bring yourself, a pile of cash or credit cards, and maybe something to drink. There will be a lot of yelling/cheering and your voice will be hoarse by then end of the day. They should have a free bag check-in, so you can check your new loot in and not have to schlep it around with you.

Should you bring an army? You can, if you want to join the pick up games. I'd say no. There will be pre-built tables (very cool ones too) with armies already there, you can play with those. And it is much better than squaring off against some guy with his unpainted figs. Do the quick games they have set up, they should be a blast.

Regarding speed painting, you get to keep the models if you "win". Winning is a fairly random thing, and all the figs will need to be stripped. The diorama/character build, painting table, terrain building table all allow you to keep what you build. At the mega battle game tables, they often give away the models at the end. This year's 40k was Skullhammas vs Baneblades. They didn't give them away in LA, since they needed to go to England. Not sure if they are giving them away there either or if they are being returned to the stores that built them. That being said, they did give away a 10 Leman Russ box set and a 3x basilsk box set during the 40k megabattle games.

if your sensible and you want forgeworld then you can reserve what you want online or over the phone so thats sensible

last year i took an army buy it ended up just being extra luggage that i didnt use cos we couldnt find a free table (having said that this GDUK is 2x the size of last year so... there might be more tables)

again most of the set up games were apocalypse focused so one turn took like 20 mins at least!

all the stuff you make/paint you keep (scenery and models - depending on workshop)

take pack lunch from what i could see the food was expensive and tacky but thats my opinion

deoderant (anti perspirant is a must) for you and to block out other smells!)

mp3 player, for background entertainment whilst in queues (unless you have a friend to talk to)

I haven't been to games day yet but heres what I think you'd probably want:

1:Backpack containing your army case(you can hold your case and put your loot in your back pack on the way out)

2.Money

3.Water bottle/food/ect.

4.Entertainment for lines ect. (Video games, book, mp3)

5.Games day borochures and maps at the front.

I haven't been to games day yet but heres what I think you'd probably want:

1:Backpack containing your army case(you can hold your case and put your loot in your back pack on the way out)

2.Money

3.Water bottle/food/ect.

4.Entertainment for lines ect. (Video games, book, mp3)

5.Games day borochures and maps at the front.

Don't forget VERY comfortable shoes (especially if you have a bad back or knees...like me). You'll be on your feet most of the day and I think some one mentioned Aspirin. You'll need that

Archived