Sad day for the sons of Russ

Max_Dammit

got my first game in 5th and was beaten by necrons.

It was an annihilation and i lost 4 to 5

Try and get 30 warriors out of a building, 30 gauss guns on double tap hurt allot, and he got my vindicator cannon in turn one so that didn't help

When i got home i remembered the True line of site rule and his 30 warriors never could have seen me on top of that fortes, but what the hey, all for the fun right.

The best part was his Lord teleporting his emortals out of combat but due to scatter in to charge range of my BC's with WP 4 times.

He had a more that good WBB roll and more than half that got killed got back up. His heavy destroyers where charged by my scouts and I think I killed 5 of them and there where only 3 in the group, and when my scouts still non of them where down :)

and my dread got emobilised the turn before he could get to the 30 warriors.

All in all a fun game but shooting tin cans that wont stay down is hard work when playing annihilation, next time I only hope that i get to play someone with more 5th ED knolage. making me take a last man standing test, tssss :D

Max.

Games against Necrons can be a bit one sided.

The best way to deal with them is to take on one squad at a time (per turn) and try to destroy it so there will be no WBB rolls, do this effectively and you may cause the army to phase out.

Did he have scarabs? We see them in all the tournaments down here, turbo boosting across the table to tie up packs.

Did your scouts OBEL? When facing Necrons I set up the scouts as troops usually on a flank as their 2 PP's and MG can deal with Destroyers, usually there is a Dread there to back the scouts up.

Last two games against Necrons were losses and it was only after the game did I find out that his play was suspect, first game his C'tan should have been dead in turn 2, in fact the combat lasted until turn 5. Second game he had far too many models on the table for the points he was playing (and that was in a tournament) but he did apologise both times.

Thylacine

what was his and your list consisted of wolf brother? no worries there is always another day for glory worthy of the sagas!! have an ale on me, you will have more when you win against him in the future from me! cheers for now wolf brother! leave the brooding for Lord Ragnar and the lone wolves..

My list is Here

His list was out of my head:

3X 10 wariors packed in to one building so the WBB role could always be taken for them

1 10 man Emortals with a lord with res and vail

2 3X destroyers, harassing my troops with there assault 3 guns

and 3 heavy destroyers

Was a troop heavy force to get fased out.

2 of the warriors packs where on top of a building and only the front to lines had LOS, but he used all his troops to shoot, this killed my troops bigg time, first my assault GH's that killed the ground based wariors and than got shot to bits by the 2 on top, and than my running GH's with bolters that got caught out in the open due to the GH assault getting shot.

From your list, how do you find using GH's without a WGL?

I know this is a basic report on your game, but did you have any leadership/morale problems if tested?

I've watched a few Necron games and every one they have won, or it was a blood ridden draw.

Have yet to experience the need for the higher LS

There to expensive for my taste at this point.

Next time ill have him do a real LOS test on everything. It would have made the game a whole lot different.

I played against Necs in one of the funniest and shortest games I have ever had.

The scinario was capture the chirch so the rule we had was a troop choice had to be in the church.

he went first and ran into the church (we agreed you could do this) I then took my blood claw pack (three power weapons and a PF on a WGSL and a rune preist) and assalted into the church and slaughterd them all, then all I had to do was survive the shots from his destoyers and his other unit of warriors and lord, the charge out, using my GH to take the objective and that would be that. Or so I thought. Becouse buildings now count as vehicles in the new rules his destoyers rolled a six on the Armour Penatration chart. 3 of my BC's died in the explosion and I couldnt help quoting "Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off". therfor the game was a draw from turn 2 onwards. My BC's then proseded to kick tin skelital ass and my long fangs blew his destroyers from the sky. All in all a fun game.

LOL Max get a Vidicator for the next game and nuke the guys in the building. All slustered like that. Then kill the only things that can kill the tank. The Heavy Destoyers.

Remember necros will have a harder time killing a tank with warriors. The new chart helps a ton.

I beat alot of necro lists till one of my buddies showed up and did the same thing. He placed Melee in the bottom floor with a lord and viel and 2 squads on warriors on the second floor. Tore me a new one too.

Now he can't nuke the transports as easily.

i had a game against necrons 3 weeks ago using 5th ed, my ultramarines vs necrons, and was a close battle, he had 3 models left to phase out, but he also had sucky rolls that day, having his nightbringer stay in combat for 4 turns with my tact. squad (LOL) but he tried to cheat out by trying to use some 4th ed rules, but i knew he was gonna try and do that (coz he is a sort of cheater) and i put him back in line.

Bottom line was, he won with the objectives scenario, by holding 2 objectives, and only if i had taken out 3 more necrons.. :P

but hay.. all for fun rite? :eek

Archived