Dan Abnett writing a SW Novel

Kurgan the Lurker

He doesn't say what exactly but given prior rumors and what he has said on his latest blog post.....looks like Dan Abnett will be taking the Space Wolves side of the Scouring of Prospero during the Heresy:

http://theprimaryclone.blogspot.com/

Also, had fun and games up at Black Library HQ yesterday with the BL crowd, and Graham and Jim, as we plotted and brain-stormed what the next serving of Horus would be about. Looks like Graham and I will be dividing one of the big events up between us... and there was a blinding idea too about what Jim might do next.

Gosh, it’s going to be exciting. My next Horus, due after Blood Pact, looks like it’s going to be my biggest Horus yet, in terms of shooty-death-kill per square inch... and I can’t believe I’ve volunteered to write about Space W-

Opps! Did I say too much?

Oh that would make me a happy wolf! Abnett is by far my favorite writer for Black Library, and I cant wait to see what he would do with the SW in that era. Battle for the Abyss was a rather bland encounter with the sons of Russ and I was greatly disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think Abbentt gets the wolfy spirit he's to up tight as a writer. But to tell the truth the only person on the planet I would trust to write the wolf side is William King no one does the wolves better than him.

If I recall correctly, Dan Abnett has never written about the Space Wolves. How could he not capture the Chapter's spirit, if never writing a word about them? :huh:

He did write the Space Wolves comic ''Lone Wolves'' though. Not a whole lot of lines, but still he did write it :). That comic made me appreciate Space Wolves bikers! Makes me remember to post a picture of those guys, as I just finished 5 of them which helped me grab Best Painted Army on a tournament last weekend B)!

It's too bad that "Lee Lightner" didn't get the nod for the Heresy novel, but Dan Abnett writes a good hero story. In all honesty, if you said that all the Gaunt's Ghosts were Marines and not Guard, those novels would be much more believable.

It's not the end of the world, Kurgan. Letting Ben Counter write the wolf novel would be close to the end-times, though.

He kinda redempt himself with the Wolf's Honour novel. IMO, it is good but no where near Bill King's Ragnar series.

Why must they kill off Haegr? He was one of the most loveable character out of the whole series. Lee Lightner killed the series off too, I want to see how Ragnar become a Lord, how Berek was killed and how is Sven.

Archived