Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grey hunter WGL loadout questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

Fellblades

Fellblades

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 174 posts
I have been toying with different options for the WGLs in my grey hunters squads, and several other people on this forum keep suggesting the PF+meltabombs combo. I put this setup in my army list, but then started thinking, and I started wondering if PF+meltabombs is the best combo for WGLs. With the 5th ed rules about assaulting a vehicle, all hits are now on the rear armor in CC, so wouldn’t a powerfist just take care of that issue? I dont see the logic behind having both a powerfist and meltabombs, if this is a good option, could someone enlighten me as to why?
Spacewolves are badasses who operate barely inside the rules.
The 13th Co didnt even know there were rules limiting how badass they could be.

Space Wolves Veteran, with lots to learn still

saphius

saphius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 352 posts
The bombs are great against LR's ect. I personally like running Power Weps + melta bombs occasionally or LCs and bombs depending on the squad makeup. But if you have someone in TDA just go straight to the CF (only 2 more pts than a fist +bombs).

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts
For GH's i run a WGL with PF and bolter, GH x8 Bolters, GH w/ Spec Weapon.

Thats it.

If I give the WGL a PW, then a Melta Bomb upgrade is purchased for the reasons you post.
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,924 posts

I have been toying with different options for the WGLs in my grey hunters squads, and several other people on this forum keep suggesting the PF+meltabombs combo. I put this setup in my army list, but then started thinking, and I started wondering if PF+meltabombs is the best combo for WGLs. With the 5th ed rules about assaulting a vehicle, all hits are now on the rear armor in CC, so wouldn’t a powerfist just take care of that issue? I dont see the logic behind having both a powerfist and meltabombs, if this is a good option, could someone enlighten me as to why?

If he's got a Powerfist or Thunderhammer, then he doesn't need the Meltabombs; the marginal advantage isn't worth the cost. If you give him a Power Weapon, however, and there are no other Power Fists in the unit, then you would maybe want Meltabombs to ensure that you have something that can deal with Dreadnoughts/Walkers in close combat.

Valerian

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
I got a Powerfist and Bolter on my GH WGL and no meltabombs...from what I understand is that Powerfists do the same job albeit in a different way, the Space Wolf way....up close and personal =)
For Russ and the All Father!!!