Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why the SW's are so hard

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
Picture the scene, Calgar has called a meeting of the imperial forces (guard companies and other chapters) on a planet and is planning the next offencive

Calgar: O.k. Lysander, you take your forces and hold up there left flank. Tycho, the right is inside the city so your blood angels should handle the close quartes. Shrike, you need to infiltrait behind there lines and stop them making a break for it. Commander Creed your cadians and the other guard regiments will bombard the front untill Grimnar and I reach the 200m mark in our trasports. We strike at nightfall, agreed?

There are a series of affermitives and it is then that Calgar realises that somone is missing

Calgar: Where in the name of the emperor is Grimnar?

Logan:(from outside) Right, sharpen your blades and fire up the rhino's. Last one to bag a bad guy buys the beers.

then comes the sound of a dozen Rhinos starting up and driving off into the distance

Calgar: -_-

Who needs tactics when you can just gao and hit them with somthing big and pointy? :P
If you talk about your gaming life, no matter how carfully you phrase it, you are etheir going to imerge as a liar, a braggart or a fool.

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
Yeah why should Logan listen to a brat called Marneus "lol" although that one would suit Ragnar more i think.
There are no Deamons in 40k

Megalodon

Megalodon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,393 posts
LOL, that's funny as Heck! :D
wolf-2.png

Check out my blog Galaxy in Flames

barek

barek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 594 posts
:P :pinch: Yeah!!!!
"Emperor have pity, for the Long Fangs will not."
Brother Leethel

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
More like....

Calgar: O.k. Lysander, you take your forces and hold up there left flank. Tycho, the right is inside the city so your blood angels should handle the close quartes. Shrike, you need to infiltrait behind there lines and stop them making a break for it. Commander Creed your cadians and the other guard regiments will bombard the front untill Grimnar and I reach the 200m mark in our trasports. We strike at nightfall, agreed?

There are a series of affermitives and it is then that Calgar realises that somone is missing

Calgar: Where in the name of the emperor is Grimnar?

Logan:(midst of battle) FOR RUSS AND THE ALL FATHER!!

Ulrik: Where are the rest of the force?

Logan: I don't know....something about making battleplans I think....PUP!, find me something decent to kill! (Blood Claw howls affirmative)

Great story though =D

Edited by muzzyman1981, 27 August 2008 - 11:00 PM.

For Russ and the All Father!!!

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
As cool as these stories are, I dont think Grimnar would snub Calgar so bluntly...he isnt the Inquisition. I see it more as: (and yes, i am copying Muzzy's dialouge cause i am lazy)

There are a series of affermitives and it is then that Calgar realises that battle is being waged, amid the cries of panic and howling of Wolves.

Calgar: Where in the name of the emperor Grimnar?

Logan: I came here to tell you all that I modified the battle plan..okay, totally changed it. My Wolves are currently sweeping the field. Do try and catch up. (Logan leaves the stunned silent room, where a Land Raider waits for its Lord) FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

Ulrik: Where are the rest of the force?

Logan: I don't know....something about making battleplans I think....PUP!, find me something decent to kill! (Blood Claw howls affirmative)

Wolf Lord Kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

ApolloSZ

ApolloSZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts
Figure it would be more of

Marneus: Wheres Grimnar?

Sees note left on Logans seat
"Out to battl.... Lunch. Back in 15."

Marneus: Sigh....
Ready! Fire! Aim! - Spike Milligna (The well known typing error)
QUOTE (Be26 @ Sep 16 2008, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you, but a company of Marines screaming "SHOWER GEL!" as a battlecry would make me soil myself in terror.

Opp - Wait, whats that squad next to them.
Me - Blood Claws
Opp - Dammit.

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
I would have figured something similar to Wolf Lord Kieran, but instead of still being in battle, the battle would have already been won, and they'd be at the meeting asking why they're holding a meeting about a battle that had already taken place. Leaving the rest of them awe-stricken. :P

Either way you tell the tale (passing by word of mouth just like the stories of old there is bound to be alterations), it still leaves the same impression, Space Wolves "are so hard"! :P
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
Wolf89, i think the generosity of the Wolves would allow a FEW traitors to be killed by their support...i mean allies. all in the name of brotherhood of course ^_^

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Araith

Araith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 444 posts
Now how many variations can there be to this story? :lol: At current the note left behind remains my favourite.

Calgar: O.k. Lysander, you take your forces and hold up there left flank. Tycho, the right is inside the city so your Blood Angels should handle the close quarters. Shrike, you need to infiltrate behind there lines and stop them making a break for it. Commander Creed your Cadians and the other guard regiments will bombard the front until Grimnar and I reach the 200m mark in our transports. We strike at nightfall, agreed?

There are a series of affirmative and it is then that Calgar realises that battle is being waged, amid the cries of panic and howling of Wolves.

Calgar: Where in the name of the Emperor is Grim-

He pauses as he's interrupted by a vox servo skull that flies up and crackles on. Grimnar's voice can be discerned.

Logan: We're a few hundred metres from the first hostile positions. Where are you guys?

Calgar: What?! We're laying out the battle plan.

Logan: ... Your loss! If you try to catch up in time you may have something left for you. Grimnar out.

For a moment it's silent in the command centre.

Calgar: In the Immortal Emperor's name, not again!

"The answer, always, is the Wolves of Fenris, because they are clinically insane."

- captain Torgaddon, Luna Wolves

Battle-Brother Wags

Battle-Brother Wags

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts
Calgar: "Lysander, you take your forces against the left flank. Tycho, we expect resistance to be great inside the city, so your Blood Angels should be well suited in dealing with that threat.Shrike, position your forces behind the enemy to cut off any chance of escape then at my command, we'll squeeze them in a pincer move. Commander Creed, have your artillery hit the enemy lines with everything you've got until we're right on top of them. Don't give them a moment to orient themselves. The Great Wolf and I will lead the main assault and we'll all meet in the middle. We go at nightfall. Those are your orders, carry them ou-"

Logan: "With all due respect, Lord Calgar, all this planning is unnecessary -"

Calgar, glancing at the Great Wolf with more than a little irritation at his interruption: "Logan, your wolves are mighty in battle, but even the mightiest must form a sure battle plan before launching a major offensive, to do any less would be a waste of lives lost needlessly."

Logan: "You speak truly, Lord Calgar, but what sense is there in establishing plans for a battle that has already been won?"

Calgar: "Already been . . . ?"

Logan: "Won, yes. This morning before breakfast, that is why I arrived late to this summit. We are having a small feast to celebrate the victory in one of my subordinate's battle barges, "The Big Bad," as soon as Commander Creed moves his men into position to hold the field of battle. If you and the other chapters would like to join us . . ."

Calgar, having been leaning over the battlemap, stands to his full height, putting a gauntleted hand to his face, his powered fingers massaging his furrowed brow. Letting out a sigh: "Yes, Logan, we'll be there . . ."

Edited by Battle-Brother Wags, 01 September 2008 - 02:11 PM.

"There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough violence." - Farseer Eleuflen

"What a waste of resources. We should be out exploring the universe, finding new and intelligent forms of life, ya know, and fight them!" - Pvt. Dexter Griff

Same idea, two very different perspectives.

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
Would be funny if Calgar is explaining his plan and his Cell phone goes "for the emperor: ringtone.

Logan saying: Dont know what you are doing their but we already cleared these guys up. You can do the cleaning up cause some ale is waiting for me. See ya later Lad.

Tuut tuut tuut

Edited by Spacefrisian, 01 September 2008 - 02:42 PM.

There are no Deamons in 40k

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts
@ Battle-Brother Wags

I'm pretty sure Calgar wouldn't call Logan "great wolf" as that's more of a Space Wolf thing to say and it'd be like calling Calgar "great commander" other than that I think I like your story the most, resembles mine a bit too. :)
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
you know what there should be. A page of just 40K jokes such as this. reply if you think this would be a good idea. switch over to the vahnilla page for marines and toothpaste.
If you talk about your gaming life, no matter how carfully you phrase it, you are etheir going to imerge as a liar, a braggart or a fool.

Battle-Brother Wags

Battle-Brother Wags

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 364 posts

@ Battle-Brother Wags

I'm pretty sure Calgar wouldn't call Logan "great wolf" as that's more of a Space Wolf thing to say and it'd be like calling Calgar "great commander" other than that I think I like your story the most, resembles mine a bit too. :lol:

One of the greatest signs of respect between cultures is when you reach across the boundaries and use someone's own terminology. I think anyone in "the know" would never call Logan "commander" or even "master," they would call him "great wolf" as that is his title. And we both know that while other chapters may not understand us, we do, however, demand the utmost in respect *toothy grin*

But thanks all the same for the compliment.
"There will never be enough peace in the universe unless first there is enough violence." - Farseer Eleuflen

"What a waste of resources. We should be out exploring the universe, finding new and intelligent forms of life, ya know, and fight them!" - Pvt. Dexter Griff

Same idea, two very different perspectives.

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,389 posts
Now my version :sweat:

Calgar: O.k. Lysander, you take your forces and hold up there left flank. Tycho, the right is inside the city so your blood angels should handle the close quartes. Shrike, you need to infiltrait behind there lines and stop them making a break for it. Commander Creed
The roar of a thunderhawk coming over head blods out all voices, Calgar looks irritated and continues:
Commander Creed your cadians and the other guard regiments will bombard the front untill Grimnar and I reach the 200m mark in our transports. We strike at nightfall, agreed?

The door swings open and Logan walks in, his armour coverd in blood and battle damage and says: You guys comming or what.
Calgar: What, are the enemy atacking? Men to arms!
Logan: No the Thunderhawk with Fenrisian ale has just landed and where having a victory calibration, where where you guys anyway?

Logen walks out shouting: Move away pups, first tankard of ale for the great wolf

Calgar: ................Well, lets get some ale than.
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
all of that is believable...except for calgar being able to drink our ale.

we all know the boyscout would drink wine coolers.

wolf lord kieran

muzzyman1981

muzzyman1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 851 posts
I agree there should be a page just for jokies =D and thank you Wolf Brother Greywolf for letting us highjack your thread with our versions of your great joke =)

Edited by muzzyman1981, 02 September 2008 - 12:30 PM.

For Russ and the All Father!!!

Ullr Direfang

Ullr Direfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,072 posts
i too think there should be a thread for jokes. i didn't put anything here... all the good ones seemed to have already been taken. but maybe if i think of something, i will make sure i put here.

gallery_21629_2989_1307.gif

We're Space Wolves. We can pull off this sort of awesome. - Decoy

Beef

Beef

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,247 posts
you know in reality Logan would be in overall command not calgar. His age and wisdom would probably be only second to Dante.

Look at the 13th black crusade, Logan was in overall command of the allies.

So in actual fact it would be logan who would be telling and organising the others.

Also he is not so reclass as to leave others standing while he runs of to fight, That might be something a younger wolf lord would do such as Ragnar,

Also Everybody who Knows Logan know him as the Great Wolf
AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P
[img=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/vittorio_13/3ForBeef.gif]

ApolloSZ

ApolloSZ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts

Now how many variations can there be to this story? :P At current the note left behind remains my favourite.

Woot, I got favourite'd...

Now I know how an Internet page feels. Lol.
Ready! Fire! Aim! - Spike Milligna (The well known typing error)
QUOTE (Be26 @ Sep 16 2008, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you, but a company of Marines screaming "SHOWER GEL!" as a battlecry would make me soil myself in terror.

Opp - Wait, whats that squad next to them.
Me - Blood Claws
Opp - Dammit.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts

Calgar: In the Immortal Emperor's name, not again!

Haha, that made me laugh :P

Brother Gabe

Brother Gabe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
LOL! Great stories everyone, and there should be a thread for 40k jokes, that would be awsome.
Folk Metal FTW

CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,310 posts
Lion El'Jonson: "What took you so long?"

*hides*

<3 Space Puppies
Chapter Master of the Huntsmen
Second Place - Ye Angels Gather

Canoness Superior of the Order of the Eagle Undaunted
Defender of Hasting's Hope

Lord Howland Greywolf

Lord Howland Greywolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts
We were too busy killing all of those bad guys to race you. Stupid DA's, they're always goofing off on those fancy ravenwing bikes to concintrait on the battle at hand. :rolleyes:

Edited by LordHowlandGreywolf, 03 September 2008 - 07:02 AM.