75 mm Wolves Models

bareserker

I am quite new to this sight, but I have been a ardent Wolves fan for a long time. I dont play the game but I sculpt Large scale models, mostly scratchbuilt. I am definately a "Long Fang ", who cut his modelling teeth in the world of military modelling. Any how, if you love Space wolves go to www.coolminiornot. com. Then look in the upper right margin for Top Artists, click on this. When you get that page,scroll down to VINCENTI (4th/5th down), its next too a model of a Red Crusader Knight. Click on the Knight and my gallery will come up.

The Wolves are mainly Large Scale though there is a Dread and 1,model/ 28mm.

I am currently working on a 80mm scratchbuilt Logan Grimnar for U.K. Golden Demons.I will let you know when hes finished.

Sorry I didnt do the link thing but us old "Long Fangs " are not to good with all this modern technology. GOD Bless .......Adie

I've seen your work before. Nice job on all of your sculpting and keep up the good work.

Don't take this the wrong way, but some of your paint "fluff" is off, it's no big deal, your sculpting and painting abilities heavily outweigh this. :)

My jaws are gone, theyre around my room somewhere.

Mate, I think you should work for GW in the modelling and painting department. You might even be able to surpass the great Goodwin himself. Cheers.

Only one criticism: The weapons looks tiny. Make them bigger. =D

Dear WOLF 89 , thanks for the remarks, I really would appreciate the constructive critism. How is the "Fluff Colour" wrong ? Any advice that will help me make the next wolf better is much appreciated.

Well we've had a few discussions on the forums about characters such as ragnar blackmane for example, and how his hair is blonde not black and the wolf priest's armor should be black.

Also my favorite model (the 13th company rune priest in TDA), is also incorrect that he's a wulfen, and technically only a wolf lord can be a wulfen that's an HQ choice, but seeing as only wolf priests are the only ones immune (or so it says) I could see a rune priest being a wulfen.

I love to death that 13th company model. The only thing I would have really changed would have been his left arm to be straight out as if casting the gate or something, and making his eyes glow.

You were also dead on with the rampant wolf on the leg for Russ's personal Icon, the detail is just immaculate.

Also as the god emperor said, certain scales don't match up appropriately, but then again, most of GW's scales are WAY off, so I'll look past this. ;)

Mind showing a WIP of any of these models if you happened to take any pictures? Would be nice to look at.

Yes BRAN , I am VINCENTI. Thankyou for your encouraging comments. As said, as on older guy I am not very good with computers,(my she cubs help most times ), so I have absolutely no idea how my models got on STRONGHOLD. I couldnt even find the site.

As I have said I am currently finishing a big model of LOGAN and would value ALL you guys expert advice on a couple of points.

1 . As a Wolf ,would Logan have Long service studs?( As old as he is, surely his forhead would be plastered with them).

2 . Do Wolves wear Purity seals ? In the latest novel it mentions them flowing from him like wings, bit would they be attached by RED seals ,or by Wolfish Iconography.?

I would really value all your expert advice.

I´ve never read that SW uses service studs, but if they use them Logan would have 8 (one for every 100 years in service).

Yes, SW uses purity seals but not very often. You can see one or two on Ulric. Personally i had used them rarly on my SW. Wolfy iconography would be better.

I don't think SW use service studs as they use their fangs to show how long they have been serving the Emperor.

Purity seals as said are used but as was said also they are rare and probibly only worn when given to the SW from outside the SW Chapter, wolf iconography is more in line especially wolf talismans and teeth necklaces and the like.

Great work btw...also just a friendly comment, I don't recall if you used them but perhaps having scars on the models would help a little...just my two cents though.

the the space wolf codex you can find a guide to the different colours that each wolf wears as far as being a wolf guard or lower in rank. characters can have any colours they want but the symbols they use are their own heraldry. in the back of the codex you can find the heraldry for all the different wolf lords including LOGAN. be sure to not use Ragnars wolf on his shoulder as that is a common mistake.

also remember that logan is well over 700 years old (I think) and thus his terminator suit should be very old looking. i'd almost say he should have early post heresy armour (I don't know my MKs though)

also, the guns that you are sculpting are beautiful, but I think the newer renditions of bolters are better. lastly I appreciate that you're not going with "hero" sized weapons, but the little bolters do take away from the model as they are seen on the table top.

I say all this while attempting to breath under the weight of your incalculable talent and most humbly ask that you see my critique as nothing short of being honoured to be a mirror for so beautiful a set of creations.

take care

Your minis are really awesome.

While I am NO WHERE near your caliber, I was hoping to share my very first painted Space Wolf (a blood claw), and I was hoping to get some feedback, but I didn't want to start a complete new thread for it.

I began a log on the Warseer forum which can be accessed here - http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160543

Thanks!

Dear BATTLE BROTHER W , my computer skills know no bounds! I tried to send you some advice and seem to have sent it to myself !

So here is a short version. Join Coolminiornot, post a pic of your model and put it on the Discuss Submissions Forum.That,ll generate some advice. I would recommend a philosophy thats done me good service over 40 years of modelmaking. With every model try hard to improve in just 1 area. With your next venture I would try some shading.

Also if you are going to .U.K. Games Day , a huge crowd of C.M.O.N. modelmakers get together to chat and show projects.You could come to that also. The details are on site under " CONVENTIONS /SHOWS" forum. Happy modelling.

GOD bless ...........Adie VINCENTI Bay

Sweet mini's Awsome convertion and painting skills. As for service studs is it not 1 for every 50 years spent? I could be mistaken but but i rememebr a captain of another chapter being stripped of his either Ventri or leonartes and they had 4 removed and they served for 200 years. Not sure

Your mini's are awsome. Keep showing us our stuff. My only critism is the faces on some off your minis look a bit podgy, Ragnar looks like he ate a few to many pies.

As for fluff and colour it can sometime be conflicting. so do whatever you feel is correct in that mannar

Archived