Harlequins!

traitor_dice

DH Heavy Support cannont be taken as allies, and you can't take SMs as allies to DH if Grey Knights are in the army.

pretty sure you an take SMs as allies as long as you dont have Daemonhost...and if you did, you wouldn't have grey knights. granted, you don't get many SMs, but atleast a squad.

Nope. If you have a daemonhost you can't take grey knights. If you have grey knights you can't take space marines.

lttle bit off topic, but just looked in DH codex and here's the breakdown: If you pick a daemonhost, nobody likes you (i.e. can't hav allied space marines or grey knights) but u can have imperial guard. If you don't have daemonost, you can have w/e you like, as long as you have the points for it. you can have inducted IG, stormtroopers, allied space marines, grey knights, there's a list of troops under each you can take, as well.

for those of you good at strategy, jsut thought I'd clear it up so you can help accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

ok i havent been on b&c for a while (internet issues).

iv got the new sm codex and im thinking of sternguard+librarian w/stormbolter. might still have trouble in cc so iv got a squad of 5 assault marines to slow them down.

btw a bit of topic but in the last game i took out his fire prism (another arch-nemesis of mine) with a lucky shot from a marine with a plasma gun. :lol:

Or counter charge them with a Venerable Dreadnought, though a wily Eldar player will realise this and target the poor thing.

Still, even with rending, they are unlikely to even glance your Dread, meaning you can safely tie them up a whole game. Who knows, you may even kill a couple and get the chance to run them down!

And Venerable into the bargain! That will make the opponent cry when he realises that the lucky 6 he rolled to imobilise your Dread has been re-rolled and is now a piddily shaken result...

1 i gave up on the death jester for more kisses.

2 the whole counter charge doesnt work because tehy have hit and run

i smell cheating...or somebody who didn't read thier rules completely(it does happen)

I guess it would help if we know what army you played and what was in it. but yeah anything that gets to them fast so the spotting thing is a non-issue and flamer templates are both good options. it may be an invul save but a 5+ is still just a 5+. nobody here uses them because they are far to easy to kill.

if your playing GKs with incinerators or psy-cannons...welll thats just evil, so smile when you fry them. :lol:

er... no im not cheating he actually said "he gives them all THE fusion pistols, harliquen kisses, shadowseers ect"

That doesn't mean that i gaie them all fusion pistols, you guys just didn't read it how it was intended, he means i tool them up with everything (except death jester.)

Also i use them often and they have not let me down yet. My friend got an uber powerful gun-fex and the harliquens have been killing that gamley, with the harlies and they generally dont get completley destroyed when i am commanding them.

when i am commanding them.....

know your enemy, know yourself. I play both, so yes as suggested before, they only have an invulnerabilty of 6, so massed flamer bolter fire does wonders, ignores any terrian saves they get.

Either you are just Bsing us about playing eldar, had a type-o, have no idea how to play, or mean that they are instant deathed by S6 weapons coz i dunno what you mean by

invulnerabilty of 6, so massed flamer bolter fire does wonders
coz you would be surprised at how much bolter fire my harleqins have survived even with only a 5+ inv save.

ok i havent been on b&c for a while (internet issues).

iv got the new sm codex and im thinking of sternguard+librarian w/stormbolter. might still have trouble in cc so iv got a squad of 5 assault marines to slow them down.

btw a bit of topic but in the last game i took out his fire prism (another arch-nemesis of mine) with a lucky shot from a marine with a plasma gun. :P

Assault marines? slow down harlies? Nah. You should try assault termies.

Also another suggestion would be get vanguard because they can deep strike and then assault and with so many attacks..... one of my prize squads will be off the board...... sowing their holo suites back togeather. But the point is that all those attacks will work wonders on the harlies so good luck with that.

Brother_Dan'l Posted Today, 03:09 AM

So Null Rod Inquisitor plus HB armed Devastators (or that nasty Grey Knight squad that can bring 4 Psycannons) equals no more clowns.

You're out of luck with the 4 psycannons - thats a Purgation squad and it's Heavy Support. DH Heavy Support cannont be taken as allies, and you can't take SMs as allies to DH if Grey Knights are in the army.

You're only out of luck if you don't play Grey Knights. :) I have Grey Knights with IG and once I tried the Rod trick my most common Eldar opponent stopped bringing his Clown list to games against me. Even with my Blood Angels it made all the difference in the world when the =I= and a 5 man GK squad were involved. Let them borrow one of my marine's OCE Rhinos and away they went.

Harlies are not very good if you know how to deal with them.

Using a Rhino to do a Driveby will work, as wel as using a Whrilwind.

I think you will find that any player who has at least 10 brain cells yould put then in cover. Sure its not gunna help againts the whirlwind but against bolter fire...... and my verry verry strange and uncanny luck with harlie inv saves they will live to charge and destroy.

Hmm well I've never played an Eldar opponent with harlequins.

But imo Eldar are generally very easy to kill with shooting. A 5+ invulnearable save might save one or two now and again but concentrated fire will kill them. Alternatively, you can just park a Land Raider infront of their unit and block them off if they're trying to charge you. Trust me an AV 14 wall works wonders. Cover? Pshh a 4+ save isn't thaaat good. My Tyranid friend plays with a unit of 10 Genestealers with a Broodlord. And yes, they infiltrate. I always manage to almost annhiliate the unit before it reaches my lines.

The whole point of the FC is that you won't be able to shoot them. I'm not 100% sure about what happens when they hit your lines, but I think your best bet would be to combat squad and make sure you aren't close enough so that they can lock you in a double combat, so that when they munch your little 5-man squad they won't have anywhere left to go. If you try that, make sure everything is small enough so that they will eat it in the first turn, therefore leaving them in the open.

Feel free to critique. *ducks under desk*

Hmm well I've never played an Eldar opponent with harlequins.

But imo Eldar are generally very easy to kill with shooting. A 5+ invulnearable save might save one or two now and again but concentrated fire will kill them. Alternatively, you can just park a Land Raider infront of their unit and block them off if they're trying to charge you. Trust me an AV 14 wall works wonders. Cover? Pshh a 4+ save isn't thaaat good. My Tyranid friend plays with a unit of 10 Genestealers with a Broodlord. And yes, they infiltrate. I always manage to almost annhiliate the unit before it reaches my lines.

the Av 14 can easily be beaten as they can have fusion pistols (meta gun but with only 6inch range) Also if you are so fond of the land raiders why dont you just tankshock?

Primarch Naogedd Posted Today, 07:35 AM

The whole point of the FC is that you won't be able to shoot them. I'm not 100% sure about what happens when they hit your lines, but I think your best bet would be to combat squad and make sure you aren't close enough so that they can lock you in a double combat, so that when they munch your little 5-man squad they won't have anywhere left to go. If you try that, make sure everything is small enough so that they will eat it in the first turn, therefore leaving them in the open.

Feel free to critique. *ducks under desk*

What is an FC?

i smell cheating...or somebody who didn't read thier rules completely(it does happen)

I guess it would help if we know what army you played and what was in it. but yeah anything that gets to them fast so the spotting thing is a non-issue and flamer templates are both good options. it may be an invul save but a 5+ is still just a 5+. nobody here uses them because they are far to easy to kill.

if your playing GKs with incinerators or psy-cannons...welll thats just evil, so smile when you fry them. :P

er... no im not cheating he actually said "he gives them all THE fusion pistols, harliquen kisses, shadowseers ect"

That doesn't mean that i gave them all fusion pistols you guys just didn't read it how it was intended he means i tool them up with everything (except death jester)

also i use them often and they have not let me down yet. My friend got an uber powerful gun-fex and the harliquens have been killing that gamly with the harlies and they have yet to be completley destroyed when i am commanding them.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if people had trouble grasping your meanings, with a huge sentence without any punctuation and one...two...three typos.

Also, I killed them completely with that unit of spinegaunts.

The sentances are not that big and also you didnt completley kill them, the troupe master lived. You remember he cam back by himself and took a wound off the wraithlord. Also i killed that spinegaunt squad about 3 times they just had without number.

if your playing GKs with incinerators or psy-cannons...welll thats just evil, so smile when you fry them. :P

That doesn't mean that i gave them all fusion pistols you guys just didn't read it how it was intended he means i tool them up with everything (except death jester)

also i use them often and they have not let me down yet. My friend got an uber powerful gun-fex and the harliquens have been killing that gamly with the harlies and they have yet to be completley destroyed when i am commanding them.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if people had trouble grasping your meanings, with a huge sentence without any punctuation and one...two...three typos.

Also, I killed them completely with that unit of spinegaunts.

Who were you talking to, me or mughi3?

eyescrossed Posted Yesterday, 08:14 PM

When someone's confused on B&C, they don't usually say "I'm confused of what you said..." so no-one's neccesarily not confused.

Back on topic, gaunts actually fared better against the harlies than a wraithlord.

That is a no brainer becuase there are more gaunts.

Backto the OT you could try deep striking 5 GKs with incinerator next to them, thats no saves.

When someone's confused on B&C, they don't usually say "I'm confused of what you said..." so no-one's neccesarily not confused.

Back on topic, gaunts actually fared better against the harlies than a wraithlord.

Backto the OT you could try deep striking 5 GKs with incinerator next to them, thats no saves.

It's not really a no brainer, as who would have thought 8 spinegaunts would fare better against them than a T8 monstrous creature?

Also, you do realise you're giving him ideas of how to beat you?

Back on topic, I know a nasty way you can take care of them.

Have an isolated squad within 12" of a land raider redeemer, then hope your opponent will take the bait and go for the squad.

This is where a little genius is needed; wait til the harlies are a hair's breadth from assaulting the squad, then zoom the redeemer up in between the harlies and squad, with one side facing the harlies, then roast them with a flamestorm cannon.

Eyescrossed out.

It's not really a no brainer, as who would have thought 8 spinegaunts would fare better against them than a T8 monstrous creature?

Also, you do realise you're giving him ideas of how to beat you?

Back on topic, I know a nasty way you can take care of them.

Have an isolated squad within 12" of a land raider redeemer, then hope your opponent will take the bait and go for the squad.

This is where a little genius is needed; wait til the harlies are a hair's breadth from assaulting the squad, then zoom the redeemer up in between the harlies and squad, with one side facing the harlies, then roast them with a flamestorm cannon.

Eyescrossed out.

Well considering it was 4th ed. Everyone, when the whole squad has rending weapons.

Yes, i realise i am giving him advice on how to kill harlies, the harlies are not my whole army and i can win without them, as you daeemons know full well.

Archived