necrons new player wants me

@BLISSI15K5

(Ok im sorry for my use of slang in m last post)

I have a friend who is just starting the necrons.

i would like eny tatics to be able to keep the metle humps of junk down.

please can i have tatics on how to beat a necron lord :D

and will bloodclaws kill necron dudes in CC this is my to be my worst night,mere

Because of there we,ll be back rule im sort of ;)

so please eny tatics will do i rely need help

i've once played my startergame with necron vs some DA my brother was playing with

i believe they told us the we'll be back rule only works for shooting casualties and not in cc

currently i don't have my necro dex at hand so i can't check it

Your Blood Claws should be able to take them down fairly well - assuming he doesnt teleport out of combat and you have a smattering of PW's and PF's in the squad. You dont say what sort of points you'll be palying but I'll assume its not too large and he's only got the 1 monolith. Becaseu he can potentially teleport 1 unit out of CC with the Mono - I'd try and make sure you either charge 2 units at the same time 9so even if one tele's out you are still safe from shooting and can still beat up the other unit) or make sure you charge 2 or more of your units into CC with different units (again, this should mean taht at least one of them will stay incombat and get to beat up the necrons). Also, unless this has been FAQ'd, i dont believe that they get the WBB roll if you run them down after they loose CC and fail to escape.

How to beat a Lord? Do you know what sort of Lord it'll be (Destroyer body or on foot?) In general, I find it easier to kill the one on foot in close sombat, while the other one, being more manouvrable, is generally easier to pop with shooting.

Way to beat necrons.... IGNORE the lord, IGNORE the Monolith.

Kill Warriors.

Force a phase out.

Necrons DO get We'll be back rolls in CC, but not VS power weapons and such... so fists and PWs will eat them up.

Charge multiple units at once as the previous said.

Ignore his fancy stuff and just kill his troops off.

Cant the Lord give warriors a WBB roll from double toughness and PW kills with a resi ord if within 6in? Chances are at 750 pts he will be close to his troops.

I agree pop the warriors with melta, plasma and fists and make em phase out

D.

Way to beat necrons.... IGNORE the lord, IGNORE the Monolith.

Kill Warriors.

Force a phase out.

Necrons DO get We'll be back rolls in CC, but not VS power weapons and such... so fists and PWs will eat them up.

Charge multiple units at once as the previous said.

Ignore his fancy stuff and just kill his troops off.

"Cut off the fingers to kill the hand."

The way Necrons work, is that when 75% I think it is of the "necrons" are dead, the entire army disappears and loses the game.

I place "necrons" in quotes because some parts of the Necron army are not necrons.... the C'tan, Monolith, Scarabs, Imortals, and such so far as I remember do not count as necrons for purpose of the rule.

Example:

Army has:

1 C'tan

1 monolith

1 lord

5 Immortals

20 Warriors

20 Scarabs

That is 21 "necron" (lord & warriors)

I kill 16 Warriors.

The necron player still has:

1 C'tan

1 monolith

1 lord

5 Immortals

4 Warriors

20 Scarabs

The Game is over. The Necron Phase out.

Thats it.

I never touched the monolith. I never touched his elite immortals. Never touched his lord or the Gawd awful powerful C'tan.... yet I have won.

Immortals do count as having the necron rule.

The Monolith though a pain, should be ignored, unless you have some las cannons not firing at anything. The res orb works even with power weapons, basically anything that would kill a necron, will be allowed to have a wbb as long as one necron is within 6inches of the lord.

So, get into CC with bloodclaws, and try to pull the warriors out of that 6inch range. Focus any heavies on the lord, they only get wbb's if the lord is up at the begining of the turn. CC eats them up, and more than likely you'll rout them out.

Also, if he has any destroyers, kill them.

The best advice I can think of for killing necrons is that sweeping advance is your friend. If you win an assault and catch a squad in a sweeping advance, the whole squad disappears without getting to make WBB roles and with their dismal initiative sweeping them is pretty easy.

Archived