ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING CONTEST
With the release of the Assault on Black Reach box set, the admins of the Bolter and Chainsword and Da Waaagh have gotten together and present to you the Assault on Black Reach painting contest!
The Gamers Realm
Dragon Forge Design
This contest is quick, easy and only requires a few things for you to participate. First, you must be a member of either the Bolter and Chainsword or Da Waaagh to participate. Secondly, you will need to have one of the 5 Terminator or 5 Nob minis from the new Assault on Black Reach box set or the same minis from the latest White Dwarf (345 UK/344 US). Everyone from both boards can participate in this event (even mods and admins) because the opposite board will be doing the voting (DaWaagh for Marines and B&C for Orks).
1. Only the Terminators and Nobs from the Assault on Black Reach/new White Dwarf release can be used in this contest.
2. No conversions. Stock miniatures only -- just like you see up in the picture above. No extra parts -- even from the AoBR set. No green stuff. Just the minis and their respective base parts (head, arms, body and base). Decals are okay.
3. Stock bases that the minis come with only. These means 40mm for the Termie and 28mm for the Nob. Plinths are not allowed. Detailing the base is up to you beyond that.
3a. Resin scenic bases are allowed.
3b. Normal landscape basing only. No other minis (such as a Tau being used as a corpse for example).
4. One mini only. So that means you are either entering a Terminator at the B&C or a Nob at Da Waaagh.
5. Front, left side, right side and back pictures only. Front picture at a minimum of course. No more than 4 pictures (front, back, left side, right side) in total. No collages, insets or any other type of 'fancy' set up. Please also refrain from putting your painting business/watermark logos on the picture as well as we would like to keep this as anonymous as possible (just like in all the past contests). Pics need to be in JPG or GIF format and no larger than 800x600. If you don't have a program at home to do the cropping with we suggest you download GIMP which is a free image manipulation program.
Examples of said pictures:
6. There is no WIP shot for this contest so you can enter the minis if you've painted them already. However please do not enter said minis if you have already entered them in other contests as we will disqualify you for that.
As in the past, asking questions that are answered in the rules will get you mackareled:
When considering submitting a piece for a competition, you must, without fail, ask said competition's coordinator any and every question you can conceive of in an attempt to bend said competition's rules and restrictions to suit your personal desires. This rule must be especially observed if entry into said competetion involves no fee and includes a prize generously donated by an individual who gains little or nothing from such a venture.
Don't be that guy!!!
How to Enter
Simple enough. Send an email to:
Include the following:
Your real name. We'll need this later if you win.
Your display name -- this means how your name appears next to your posts on the B&C or Waaagh.
Your pictures (zip or rar file is fine or you can just attach them individually).
Please make sure you send them from the email that you use for your Waaagh or B&C account!
Voting will be a bit different than past contests. Bolter and Chainsword members will be voting on the Ork entries from the Waaagh while the Waaghers will be voting on the Terminators from the B&C. Yes if you are signed up at both sites you'll be able to vote in each contest. Voting will be conducted via polling threads (Orks in the thread at the B&C and Marines in the thread at DaWaaagh). Keep in mind that if you select the "see results" option without voting then that goes in as a null vote and you are fresh out of luck on voting. So make sure you vote first!!
The contest will run from Sept. 1, 2008 to Sept. 30, 2008. This means we have to have your final entry pics by Sept. 30th. Anything comes in after that and it won't be entered.
Voting will start no later than Oct. 3rd, 2008 and go for 7 days after that. Winners will be announced no later than Oct. 12, 2008.
Prizes provided by:
The Gamers Realm
Dragon Forge Design
Instead of assigning prizes we are letting the winners pick what they want out of a prize package.
So 1st place winner for Ork and Marine will pick from:
Assault on Black Reach Box Set from The Gamers Realm
A $40 Gift Certificate from TheWarstore.com
$25 worth of resin bases from Dragon Forge Design.
2nd Place will get to pick from what is left and then 3rd place winners will get the final items left over.
This means 2 people will get Assault on Black Reach, 2 people will get $40 TheWarstore.com gift certificates and 2 people will get $25 of resin bases!
Edited by Kurgan the Lurker, 06 September 2008 - 02:54 PM.
Basing clarification made.