=][= ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING COMP =][=

Hmm, same same. my entrant, tho 'I' thought it was worthy.. well... after seeing the competition, is not.

that being said (and no sour grapes as im not even gonna make the top 30 let alone 3, as far as i'm concerned, the rules should be clear and simple as to the mini adds etc, including the base. the only base piece that came with the termy was that skull thing. anything else, breaks the rules. ANYTHING else.

base etching, is technically a conversion, as it modifies the base. scenery, same.

anything NON stock, is a conversion, as it makes it different to what was on the sprue. That being said, the same argument can be used with salt dipping, decals etc, so its prob for the best that i dont get to judge this comp ;o)

oh, as an aside, i too would like to pick the brains of each and every entrant. soooo much to learn, so little ammo.

I really thought I was going to make the top 10.. but after seeing everyones stuff Id be happy with top 60 lol. Really awesome stuff guys. I didnt bother baseing my guy I just thought it would be to much of a hassle. I was cool to see alot of BA & their cousins thoe.

Ahhh... the dream is over.

Things I learned from this contest (my first):

1. You do get out of it what you put into it. Had I not been in such a rush to complete my guy, I would have gone over some areas that probably needed it.

2. Looking at my paint job through an enlarging camera lens is very different than with the naked eye. I will use the camera before declaring my paint job finished.

3. Camera work and post-processing the image goes a long way to making a model look cleaner. In future contests I will attempt to clean up the image.

I take nothing from the winners. They did an outstanding job and deserve the kudos. Had I finished my base to that much detail, I still would not have done as well. Once again, my brothers, I learn humility.

To the Emperor goes the spoils, we cherish only victory.

I didn't get any votes but participating in this contest was an absolute blast! I've always wanted to try painting Imperial Fists and always put it off thinking yellow would be hard. This contest was the motivation I needed to try something new and now I love painting IF so much I've had to start yet another army.

It was great looking through all those termies and I have some new inspiration for furthering my repertoire of skills.

Awesome job to the winners and thanks Kurgan and Krum for organizing this.

Archived