=][= ASSAULT ON BLACK REACH PAINTING COMP =][=

Question,.. my Terminator came without the head and front chest,.. (a bit PO'd I was),.. can I use a "normal" Termie chestplate and head in it's stead!?

I assume you got this via subscription rather than at your local store? Quick call to GW will get a new one in the mail to you.

Question,.. my Terminator came without the head and front chest,.. (a bit PO'd I was),.. can I use a "normal" Termie chestplate and head in it's stead!?

I assume you got this via subscription rather than at your local store? Quick call to GW will get a new one in the mail to you.

this happended to my mate, quite funny really as he gave me the replacement white dwarf and both sets of models :D :)

this happended to my mate, quite funny really as he gave me the replacement white dwarf and both sets of models :D :P

The Nob on mine came with a broken shoota and the 'ponytail' hanging off. Awww, thinking I might chop 'im up and decorate my Predator or something...

OK, Me and me lads (10 and 15) have two sets of nobs and termies, cos i get a WD and so do they, we made em on standard bases, sorta with an extra resin base on top, thinking we can be "game legal" but still a bit posey.

We will all "hav a go" I think, any consideration for the fact that the best painted one of us three entries wont be "dad" but the youngster?

Think i am kidding, this kid paints eldar gems with detail at 10.

1. Only the Terminators and Nobs from the Assault on Black Reach/new White Dwarf release can be used in this contest.

this might help.

i think the rules would probably answer anymore questions anyone else has.

:)

1. Only the Terminators and Nobs from the Assault on Black Reach/new White Dwarf release can be used in this contest.

this might help.

i think the rules would probably answer anymore questions anyone else has.

;)

yes I understood that... I was just wondering about the Terminator Sergeant...

I know, I know... Stupid Question, but I'm surprised no one has asked it yet...

When you say one Termie, I take it the Sergeant is included in the choices of minis to paint?...

http://www.duckblindminiatures.com/images/funstuff/mackarel.jpg

Is it okay to use super glue instead of plastic cement to assemble the model? Does the paint have to be Citadel, or can I use any paint? Will I be disqualified if I drink three diet Cokes while I paint it? Can I paint a Rackham Dirz model instead of the Nob? If two trains are heading towards each other, one leaving from New York at 3:10 PM, and one leaving from Cleveland at 6:10 AM, can I still drill out the gun barrels? Is it alright if I paint with toothpicks and hamsters instead of brushes? Can I use a metal terminator? Is pink okay?

QUOTE (Bexley @ Sep 6 2008, 01:36 PM)

Is it okay to use super glue instead of plastic cement to assemble the model? Does the paint have to be Citadel, or can I use any paint? Will I be disqualified if I drink three diet Cokes while I paint it? Can I paint a Rackham Dirz model instead of the Nob? If two trains are heading towards each other, one leaving from New York at 3:10 PM, and one leaving from Cleveland at 6:10 AM, can I still drill out the gun barrels? Is it alright if I paint with toothpicks and hamsters instead of brushes? Can I use a metal terminator? Is pink okay?

lol is it ok if f I paint all 15 that i have and pick the best one?

Seems simple to me...

I'll enter a Terminator (not a Terminator Sergeant, because the rules say TERMINATOR). Assemble SB arm and PF arm to body. Add NOTHING, Re-pose NOTHING, as this would constitute conversion (illegal as per the RULES). Paint my Terminator then place mini onto appropriate base (40mm). No need for me to make a pretty base, because BASES AREN'T JUDGED! So simple! I can leave the base as plain plastic until after I take pics & email my entry!

I think the same process would apply to a Nob, eh?

Even in fear of the almighty Mackerel I ask this. Do I have to register to da Waaagh or can I enter a nob even if I am only a member of B&C? The termies are gonna get chopped up to accommodite some world eater resin so it would be pointless to paint one to a contest degree and then smash it to pieces a few weeks later.

Archived