Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Equipping my SW help.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

ProtoClone

ProtoClone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
I have been to the FAQs on this and it really didn't offer any info that was what I am looking for or up-to-date. What I am looking for is info on equipping unit choices. I don't expect any of you to actually take the time and tell me, just give me some websites to look over.

Thanks,
ProtoClone
You cannot walk straight when the road bends. -Romany proverb

Marek Grimfang

Marek Grimfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,239 posts
Are you referring to the FAQ's specific to this board or the GW ones?

We have an awesome selection of projects put together by a few of the SW members here. Look at the one by Depth Charge.

Or if you can find it and older member Fenrir Sureblde has one of the best FAQ's ever written for SW's.
Greater Toronto Area, Canada.
B+C member since 2000.
Lord's Realm - R.I.P.
-Blood and Honour-

http://www.passionep...trider-logo.jpg

ProtoClone

ProtoClone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts
I meant the FAQs here on B&C.

I have also looked on GWs site but there really wasn't anything useful.

I am wanting to know what are the best things to take with your Scouts, GH, dreads, WL...etc.

Edited by ProtoClone, 02 September 2008 - 07:21 PM.

deedark

deedark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts
GH PF, PW and PP +special
BC PW and PF +flamer
Scouts PP, MG

as a basic guide to troops

Best way is decide what you want to do - no pack is going to be exactly - Assault, Counter, drop pod, tank buster
tool accordingly - or play and see what you like/works best

D.
Death smiles on those who do not know or understand the ways of the wolf

dietrich

dietrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
It would help if you rough out an army list and your basic strategy. Foot-slogging GHs would have different gear than Rhino-mounted GHs or Drop-pod GHs.

ProtoClone

ProtoClone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

It would help if you rough out an army list and your basic strategy. Foot-slogging GHs would have different gear than Rhino-mounted GHs or Drop-pod GHs.

Well I don't have my SW in front of me, but I do remember a few things.

I have three full squads of BC and GH. Both are standard equipped but look to convert a few of them.

I wish I has more time to a play test of set-ups for the troops and other units. But I am also not asking for "the winning combo" either, just an idea of where to start.

Ullr Direfang

Ullr Direfang

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,072 posts
this is what i do:
most are ten man squads:

GH (shooting):
power weapon x1
power fist x1
plasma gun x1
bolters x9

GH (assaulting):
power weapon x1
power fist x1
plasma pistols x2 or plasma pistols x1 and melta gun x1
bolt pistol x8

BC :
power fist x2
bolt pistol x10

BC (11-15)
power fist x2
power weapon x1
bolt pistol x11-15

WS (5):
power weapon x1
plasma pistol x1
melt gun x1
bolt pistol x3

all my WG or characters get loaded up to match what unit i will place them with. i think i could list of a page of how i potentially would do each one of them.

UD

gallery_21629_2989_1307.gif

We're Space Wolves. We can pull off this sort of awesome. - Decoy

dietrich

dietrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 595 posts
Here's my footslogging unit:
7 Grey Hunters, 6 Bolters, 1 Plasma Rifle and a Wolf Guard Pack Leader with a Powerfist, Combi-flamer, and Runic Charm

For a drop-pod force, I generally go with:
9 Grey Hunters, 1-2 w/ power weapon and bolter, 1 meltagun, 2 plasma pistols, rest with bolters (so 4-5), Wolf Guard Pack Leader with powerfist, combi-flamer, and runic charm or a Pack Leader with Thunderhammer, Combi-melta, and runic charm

I also usually have 1 GH squad in a drop pod force w/o bolters, a meltagun, 2x plasma pistol, and a pack leader with a combi-melta. This squad drops and goes after vehicles.

For a rhino squad, it's usually close to the drop pod squad, but I might drop the plasma pistols and might go with a plasma rifle or flamer

For Blood Claws, I generally go with a flamer and as many powerfists as possible, and a Pack Leader with powerfist, combi-flamer, and runic charm. I'm thinking of modeling up some power weapons to put in the unit instead of the powerfists, but haven't decided.

For Scouts, meltagun and 2 plasma pistols. Meltabombs if you have the points. I generally don't take a pack leader, but one with a combi-melta and thunderhammer is always helpful.