Equipping my SW help.

ProtoClone

I have been to the FAQs on this and it really didn't offer any info that was what I am looking for or up-to-date. What I am looking for is info on equipping unit choices. I don't expect any of you to actually take the time and tell me, just give me some websites to look over.

Thanks,

ProtoClone

Are you referring to the FAQ's specific to this board or the GW ones?

We have an awesome selection of projects put together by a few of the SW members here. Look at the one by Depth Charge.

Or if you can find it and older member Fenrir Sureblde has one of the best FAQ's ever written for SW's.

GH PF, PW and PP +special

BC PW and PF +flamer

Scouts PP, MG

as a basic guide to troops

Best way is decide what you want to do - no pack is going to be exactly - Assault, Counter, drop pod, tank buster

tool accordingly - or play and see what you like/works best

D.

It would help if you rough out an army list and your basic strategy. Foot-slogging GHs would have different gear than Rhino-mounted GHs or Drop-pod GHs.

Well I don't have my SW in front of me, but I do remember a few things.

I have three full squads of BC and GH. Both are standard equipped but look to convert a few of them.

I wish I has more time to a play test of set-ups for the troops and other units. But I am also not asking for "the winning combo" either, just an idea of where to start.

this is what i do:

most are ten man squads:

GH (shooting):

power weapon x1

power fist x1

plasma gun x1

bolters x9

GH (assaulting):

power weapon x1

power fist x1

plasma pistols x2 or plasma pistols x1 and melta gun x1

bolt pistol x8

BC :

power fist x2

bolt pistol x10

BC (11-15)

power fist x2

power weapon x1

bolt pistol x11-15

WS (5):

power weapon x1

plasma pistol x1

melt gun x1

bolt pistol x3

all my WG or characters get loaded up to match what unit i will place them with. i think i could list of a page of how i potentially would do each one of them.

UD

Here's my footslogging unit:

7 Grey Hunters, 6 Bolters, 1 Plasma Rifle and a Wolf Guard Pack Leader with a Powerfist, Combi-flamer, and Runic Charm

For a drop-pod force, I generally go with:

9 Grey Hunters, 1-2 w/ power weapon and bolter, 1 meltagun, 2 plasma pistols, rest with bolters (so 4-5), Wolf Guard Pack Leader with powerfist, combi-flamer, and runic charm or a Pack Leader with Thunderhammer, Combi-melta, and runic charm

I also usually have 1 GH squad in a drop pod force w/o bolters, a meltagun, 2x plasma pistol, and a pack leader with a combi-melta. This squad drops and goes after vehicles.

For a rhino squad, it's usually close to the drop pod squad, but I might drop the plasma pistols and might go with a plasma rifle or flamer

For Blood Claws, I generally go with a flamer and as many powerfists as possible, and a Pack Leader with powerfist, combi-flamer, and runic charm. I'm thinking of modeling up some power weapons to put in the unit instead of the powerfists, but haven't decided.

For Scouts, meltagun and 2 plasma pistols. Meltabombs if you have the points. I generally don't take a pack leader, but one with a combi-melta and thunderhammer is always helpful.

Archived