New Wolf Models

wiplash

ok they arent space wolves or even 40k but in my opinion if i were to do an army of wolves it would be with chaos warhounds

although they do have 2 heads this could either show a chaos taint from being in the warp too much you could just convert it

anyway the problem with these wolves is that they are 7 or 8 quid for 2 that being quite expensive i have never bought any

BUT this november with the release of chaos warriors they are releasing plastic chaos warhounds!!!

hopefully they will still look the same but the other wolf, canine models turned plastic seem to have turned out well in my opinion (flesh hounds, the undead hounds (cant remeber name) ect)

sadly i dont have a pic but they were in this months WD so i will be able to get pics at GDUK hopefully

i agree, look around and i swear down there are some normal looking chaos hounds without 2 heads etc. in the 4th edition rulebook (big one) there is a pic with a rune priest, 13th company models and a weird wulfen thing. i think it's in the warbands section. thats one of the normal looking ones. :P

yeah one was in 4th editions kill team section

but i might have my army tripling as a space wolf/space marine/chaos space marine army any way!

so i will be able to get away with twin headed wolves

but as i said hopefully they will be at GDUK so we can see what they will look like

ok they arent space wolves or even 40k but in my opinion if i were to do an army of wolves it would be with chaos warhounds

although they do have 2 heads this could either show a chaos taint from being in the warp too much you could just convert it

anyway the problem with these wolves is that they are 7 or 8 quid for 2 that being quite expensive i have never bought any

BUT this november with the release of chaos warriors they are releasing plastic chaos warhounds!!!

Holy cow, that's all one sentence. ;)

Good to hear about the new wolf models though. I might be able to find some use for them.

Holy cow, that's all one sentence. :jaw:

Good to hear about the new wolf models though. I might be able to find some use for them.

this is the internet, (look a comma!!) not my english exam thank god :jaw:

Here are the wolves in question, the new Chaos Hounds:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/Dezartfox/Models/chaoswarhoundxj2.jpg

Just thought I'd show you guys. I wouldn't use these models for Fenrisian Wolves, as I really hate these models.

When I was in Alabama I found some wolf models that I think are excellent for Fenrisian Wolves....I will take some pics of them in a little bit and add them to this post....but they should be out there, I don't remember the names exactly due to throwing away the box they came in but it was a pack of two of plastic wolves from the Warhammer series and I think they are were in with the Orcs.

When I was in Alabama I found some wolf models that I think are excellent for Fenrisian Wolves....I will take some pics of them in a little bit and add them to this post....but they should be out there, I don't remember the names exactly due to throwing away the box they came in but it was a pack of two of plastic wolves from the Warhammer series and I think they are were in with the Orcs.

Goblin Wolf riders like I already suggested, or it's the chariot model with them, either way it's the same wolves and yes, they are perfect. ;)

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1184813_99120209004_O&GGoblinWolfRidersMain_873x627.jpg

Just got back from UK Games Day 2008 and I was in the seminars, which covered the upcoming releases for the Warriors of Chaos.

I've seen the new plastic chaos hounds and they're along a similar theme to the metal ones, with a bit of the new UD ones mixed in. I personally didn't think that they would be that suitable for Fenrisian Wolf models, as they have a fair amount of large spikes on them and look to be a bit mutated as well. I could be wrong about the mutation side, but that's the impression I got from the pictures I was shown. I was sat at the back to be fair :P. I've found that the metal chaos warhounds are really easy to convert with some green stuff, as they don't have a huge amount of things to clip off in comparison to the new ones coming up. I'm just going to stick to the metal ones myself.

On the good side of things; the plastic marauders have a HUGE amount of spare heads on the sprues after you've put them together. For example, the box of 5 mounted chaos marauders has 17 heads in the box. So there's plenty of new bits for us to use in November. :D

yeah i have to say they arent as SW friendly as i was hoping but they have come so...

talking about the warriors of chaos the heads from the marauder horseman are perfect for SW according to the seminars with wacky hair and beards ect

So did anyone see the great new space wolf mini at games day, the one charging forward with two lightening claws. it was great, if the rest of the minis are as good as that and the grey hunter that was next to it then we shoud be in for a treat. they were done by jaun diaz

So did anyone see the great new space wolf mini at games day, the one charging forward with two lightening claws. it was great, if the rest of the minis are as good as that and the grey hunter that was next to it then we shoud be in for a treat. they were done by jaun diaz

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those have been around for a while...

Not to say they don't look fantastic though! I'm looking forward to picking up the Wolf Guard with the Lightning Claws.

Archived