Imperial Fists 5th Company

AlexCrute

@Cpt Maximus - yeah, even though he took a pay cut with the new 'dex, he still eats traitors for breakfast and beats Chuck Norris at manliness competitions.

@Dutch - I'm a bit of a noob at freehanding, the first I've done being on Ancient Sonor. The transfer of the Fists badge looks really good with the white background so I'll use those I think. Though I need some way to put them on to the curved shoulderpad without spitting and crying in frustration.

@Local - I'll probably do that I think, though once I start, I don't know where I'll stop.

use a decal solvent. Google it and do some research and find a product you want to try. But remember to read how it works from people who have used those products. This is the process I want to use with the Blood Raven Decals when I get to that point. Plus with the solvents it will help hide the edge of the decal. Micromark sells the stuff, but you can find other brands out there also.. Micro Mark is one of the few places I have found that sell 8.5" x 11" sheets of decal paper if you want to make your own.

Hey Alex!

i have just seen/noticed the "Smash Brother" with the 2x PowerFists- he looks hella Cool :P do you use him as a WYSIWYG model? and if you do does he get to do some clobbering time :P

Keep up the work!

Mithril

@ Brother Karr: Thanks for that, I'll look them up when I get some time. I was dreading putting transfers on but if there are solutions out there then that's excellent.

@ Mith: His right arm is magnetised, but he will run with 2 fists as often as not, especially in apocalypse games where 50pts worth of powerfists is no big deal.

@ courage:

Me: "Hi, I'm AlexCrute and I have a painting addiction"

Everyone else: "Thanks for sharing"

Stay tuned folks, more paint is happening all the time....in between nappy changes and pram rides.

Newest recruits to the banner of the 5th:

gallery_11030_1089_47413.jpg

That Sergeant Akbar's a handsome devil ain't he? What with his shiny new claws and flayed daemonhide decoratin' his Mk VII plate and all.

Army pic as it stands now:

gallery_11030_1089_214652.jpg

hey great stuff ;)

that Sgt Akbar! his claws look terrific... but the demon hide seems to match his skin color :) does that mean he's a demon(i hope not) perhaps some more pinkish coloring to highlight the demon hide? and make it stand out a bit more.

wow! 3 full squads,im very jealous(must get back to my stuff)

Cheers Mithril

Yeah I dunno, all I knew is that I didn't want it to be parchment. And I basecoated it brown otherwise it might have been orkhide.

Perhaps it was his twin brother Amez, who was revealed during cadet psi-screening to have been the victim of possession by a daemon most vile. As the keening warp-beast bit the head off the recruiting chaplain and turned its claws on the librarian, the young Yasif Akbar fell upon the beast that had been his own flesh and slew it with a prayer on his lips and a blazing crozius gripped in both hands.

Yep I think that's the story now.

I just discovered that lightning claws are unavailable to tactical sergeants. :lol: I suppose it's cool, keeps them a bit exclusive and whatever, and luckily I have some twin-brother-daemonhide on the left-handed stormbolter arm (from the old GD model), so hooray for magnets.

Why, a powerfist of course. :P

The claws will be added to the pool of 5th-company (black pad trim) assault weapons. The magnets make them interchangeable between command squad members, assault squad sergeants or even the 5th company captain himself (when he leaves his terminator armour behind).

I'm having to give some thought to which arms to paint up with which shoulder pad trim, as it just wouldn't do to have say vanguard vets traipsing around with mixed black and white shoulder pads. Leave such codex deviations for those chapters that view the Holy Codex as flexible, optional, guidelines. Not the Fists! Not we who fought the siege of the Emperor's palace! Not we who served as praetorians for the Immortal Emperor of Mankind! Not we.....Ahem

Sorry about that. It happens sometimes.

In other news, a friend of mine just finished painting a scratchbuilt traitor warhound titan. I shall bug the stuffing out of him until he posts it here for the view pleasure of you good folks. Either that or I'll post it myself and claim all the credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ahmato

@Uber: It started some time ago, I had cut the six barrels off an assault cannon arm (which was a terrible idea at the time). The plasma cannon itself is just the plastic one from the devastator box, the side gubbins is of course the backpack carved and filed flat to fit over the top of the ammo hopper.

Tactical marine:"Sergeant Akbar those scout bikers are laughing at us over there lets get into some Area terrain and show them what for"

Sergeant Akbar:"Scout bikers.... area terrain...laughing..... wait no..."

Tactical marine: "Whats that GASP!"

Sergeant Akbar: "ITS A TRAP!!!!!!!"

The yellow on these models are champion mate well done

Really nice force, amazingly clean paintjob which must have been hard since it's a light coloured scheme! The bases on your HQ's are really cool, and they blend in great with the model aka the body and rocks etc don't have a "stuck on" look to them. Really great looking troops that you must be proud to field in games :lol:

Thanks about the bases, I was worried about them at the time but they came out ok.

Must remember to play more games.

@Shaun Carlin: Those scouts better watch out! If Akbar killed his own twin brother, he won't hold back when it comes to his battle-brothers - especially not upstart bikie kids :)

• 2 weeks later...

Added another rhino chassis, together with some bonus dakka:

gallery_11030_1089_239333.jpg

And how they look from an overflying thunderhawk:

gallery_11030_1089_24291.jpg

And for Mithrilforge, an interview with Sergeant Yasif Akbar:

gallery_11030_1089_144172.jpg

"My faith is my shield"

gallery_11030_1089_71192.jpg

So these chaps got an outing on Friday, 1000pts vs Saim-Hann Eldar, annihilation mission resulting in a 4-0 win for me. I managed to forget about Ancient Sonor's shooting phase after he was immobilised so that was a bit lousy, although Captain Elias Grimm toted his thunderhammer halfway across the board to break a dire avenger squad to no loss. Akbar's squad lost seven brothers to heathen starcannon and shuriken fire, but still managed to rid the planet of a jetbike squad. As the last jetbike crashed and burned Akbar's squad was charged by a wraithlord who skewered an eighth marine. Akbar wasn't about to take that lying down and promptly crushed the knee joint of the xenos construct before twisting its arm off.

The GW store closed before a resolution could come to that particular combat, but I consider it a solid victory. Huzzah!

B) Thanks for the "up close and personal" with the now famous Sgt Akbar( you have to paint up and glue a spirit stone on his backpack as a trophy ;)

cheers on the win(we will have to do a meet and greet and play a game one day in the future)

Mithril

Archived