Imperial Fists 5th Company

AlexCrute

• 3 weeks later...

Cannot believe how good my photos look. The models don't look quite this good in real life, but you guys don't know that :D

gallery_11030_1089_572725.jpg

Banner will get done when I get muster some freehand skill.

I've been watching this thread from the wings for a while but those assault termies have forced me to say: Wow. Simply, wow. It's for painters like you that Games Workshop created those hard to paint colour schemes like that of the Imperial Fists.

Kudos my friend, epic kudos.

Thanks guys. I should pass the kudos on to Court Jester whose recipe I stole. I'm still hoping for some photos of his Sons of Gologtha to surface on teh interwebs at some point. They're a quartered scheme of this yellow and red with blue helmets. Spec-freakin'-tacular they are.

Thanks guys. I should pass the kudos on to Court Jester whose recipe I stole. I'm still hoping for some photos of his Sons of Gologtha to surface on teh interwebs at some point. They're a quartered scheme of this yellow and red with blue helmets. Spec-freakin'-tacular they are.

You mean these:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...t&p=1111476

• 3 months later...

I know I've said it before but these are just some absolutely fantastic paint jobs, some of the best yellow marines I've ever seen. My only problem with them, and something that's even more apparent with Lysanders "Terminator Command" Squad, is that... they don't look finished. An empty white banner, few Imperial Fists symbols anywhere, and a completely bare Land Raider, without Lysander there is barely any indication that they are Imperial Fists and not Lamentors or some other yellow marines.

Freehand is tough and transfers are a pain but some detail would be nice. I just feel that the excellent paint job is let down by a lack of complementing detail.

Oh alright then. I did say I was going to paint the banner didn't I? And Forge World has just released an A4 sheet of Imperial Fist transfers. It's almost as if they're conspiring to leave me without any excuse at all....

I must set about aquiring Microsol and Microset, I have heard that they make transfers idiot-proof (which is fortunate).

In other news I am wholly distracted by a shiny new box of sword brethren who shall rendezvous with my 18v drill before joining the ranks of the Imperial Fists Honour Guard. I think I'm suffering from project proliferation.

Thanks for the kinds words and the C&C. My secret is an expensive camera. No kidding.

• 2 years later...

Hey! Hi! How go your Guardians?

Regarding the banner... :lol: ...I'm a hobby slacker. I shall report to the local Inquisition Citizen Service Office for whatever the punishment for hobby slacking is*. I think I need to find a banner design that A: excites me and B: seems achievable.

There will be a power armoured Chaplain appearing soon**. Should be fun...

*Who am I kidding? We all know the Inquisition only has one punishment.

**Well, if we can apply the word 'soon' loosely that is.

heya Alex,

the Guardians have been repainted and are now Dark Angels 5th Co :P i love green too much !

Banner design...just do a big black fist on a perfect yellow background!! :huh: ..... :P

dust em off and start painting bud !!!

cheers mithril

Archived