newby blood claw questions

wolf chief

Hi im new to 40k and ive decided to make a wolves army four simple newby questions

1) i hear that blood claws can take 3 powerfists to a unit and there prity cheap is this a good idear ?

2)Whats the best 2nd weapon for a special charater that has a PF/PW ?

3)What more wolfie weapon can i give my blood claws to visuialy replace the chainswords or do we realy use them in the fluff, i was thinking chain axes?

4)and finaly whats some good models to paint and buy now that hopefully wont be useless when we get our new codex.

Thanks alot

Well, let me try and answer them all.

Yes blood claws can have 3 and they are amazingly good. In the current campaign I am int hey have won me 2 games now. And I mean rolled 2 squads and killed a tank first game, and then rolled 5 termies and killed 2 squads of marines and a dreadnought in the second game.

So going with a pack of 15 should be fine. Just by some rare earth magnets, and use them on the models so if needs be you can change them later on to a different weapon.

I use chain axes and normal chaos axes and swords on my guys, with a spear here and there to make them look more primative. You can get these parts from battlewagonbitz, or TheWarStore. I also have heard of 3 places in the UK that does the bits thing.

Depends on what you want to do for the off hand weapon. I use plasma. Your call thou.

As to what will be around all of them will be around. The question is how nerfed will we be. I am hoping little to none, but it does not hurt to put magnets on the powerfist/powerweapon guys and for thier plasma pistols. Just keep them looking alot alike.

I am putting Earth magnets in 30 terminators right now. So I can make them CC with Lightning claws and Thunder hammers or hooty if neeeds be. Buying the extra parts can be expensive thou.

Welcome to the Fang, Whelp. Sit down, take an ale and listen.

1) You can give your BC a PF for every started 5 BC. That means that a minimum pack of 8 BC can have up to 2 PF or PW, a pack of 11+ BC up to three PF or PW.

2) Explain what do you mean with special character? IC or troop characters? An IC (Wolf Lord, Priests or WG Battle Leader) i would never give a Fist. The Frostblade would be the better choise. Give them a Bolt Pistol or a Plasma Pistol (depending on the points you have left) A Troop Character (WG Pack Leader) should get a Bolt Pistol to keep him cheap. Or if you want to add him to the BC i would give them a pair of Lightning Claws to profit from his better WS.

3) I had given all of my SW two handed dwarven axes as CCW.

4) Save models would be most vehicles like preds, dreads land speeder and so on. The Leman Russ Exterminator is not a save buy/conversion.

I think all off our infantry and ICs are save, BUT the big questions would be: What weapons and equipment will be legal with a new ´dex. I had magnetized most of my special weapons so i don´t have that problem (if it ever become one).

Technically a Blood Claw pack can have 4 Power Fists/Weapons.

11-15 Blood Claws can have 3... then you add a Wolf Guard Pack Leader for a 4th.

I normally equip my squads with 2 Power Weapons and 2 Power Fists... along with 1 Plasma Pistol, normally on the WGPL.

As far as changes in the new dex... Rumor is that Blood Claws lose thier berserk charge for furious charge, pack size goes up to 20 max, or 19 and a WGPL (hes an upgrade, not an addition).

Grey Hunters will still be max 10, or 9 and a WGPL (see above)

All of the named guys should remain, and a few of the old ones are coming back (Bjorn the Fell handed!).

I tend to mix PW/PF only with Grey Hunters. Even with the lack of the extra close combat attack with BP/PF (Bolt Pistol/Power Fist) in 5th, the +2 attacks on the charge generally makes up for it. I figure, if their weapon skill is lower, they should have high strength to make up for it, thus the PF.

well hello there, hope you enjoy b&c as much as i do - firstly i play a lot of horde armies so i tend to combat this by making my army a horde. the sense in this is that horde models are generally rubbish compared to even a blood claw - therefore to maximise my abilities and avoid getting blown to pieces by using smaller squads. The norm for me is usually:

2x 15 man blood claw squads - 3 Powerfists, 1 Meltagun, WGPL with lightning claws and meltabombs. (one would scrap the WGPL for a wolf priest to save points)

3x 10 man Grey Hunters squads - 2 Power Weapons, Plasmagun/Meltagun, WGPL with lightning claws and meltabombs.

and then i'll stick up some elite maybe a lrcr (redeemer, new model coming out - str6 ap3) and wolf scouts and a wolf priest with one of my bc squads, maybe ven dread as hq.

drink up, before long - mighty deffwolf will have drained even the cellars of the fang bone dry.

Archived