Pre-heresy World Eaters

Pacific81

Hey guys!

Having just purchased a shiny new digital camera, I thought I would take some photos of my World Eaters! These are based during the Great Crusade, and have not yet all turned into the beserkers they will one day become.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Pacific81/tacsquad1.jpg

And deploying from a rhino, with some of the older armour varients/conversions more visible:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/Pacific81/rhinowsquad1.jpg

The rhino is simply a normal rhino, but with a Necromunda heavy-stubber in place of the storm bolter (which were not widely used during the great crusade). The Mk3 marine is a beserker helm with the bunny ears removed, and the mk5 marines are a combination of mk7 armour, with studs added (these are v small model railway rivits), based on the assault marine body with extra cabling attached (which is just small wires).

C&C appreciated

Thanks for the replies guys!

BC Arius For the blood, i 'gunked up' the chainsword by using small pieces of putty. It was then painted by using successive black'red ink washes (darker red towards the centre), and I then used a gloss varnish over the top of some of it. I'm painting up some beserkers, where its more evident, and I'll show those soon.

Capt. kenaz yes those are indeed the FW red scorpion veteran kit. They're really nice models, although im not sure if there is still a massive wait for them (had to wait almost 6 weeks for these guys)

Hobo Willlie These are meant to be great crusade-era world eaters, and are therefore more representative of a 40k loyalist marine force (although with some notable differences). Although the WE had a lot of assault troops, and some beserkers (marines using the brain implants, which became more prevalent towards the horus heresy) at this time they still had many tactical troops, scouts and even devastators, just like any other marine force. However, I guess you can see that the 'rot' is just beginning to set in...

Commissar Molotov Very, very impressed with your recognition skills, managing to ID the stubber despite my dodgy photoshopping ^_^

I am currently constructing a berserker squad which will hopefully be done within the next week or so!

Archived