Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

• 2 weeks later...

Trying out a new basecoat for a quicker yellow recipe. Barbarian Flesh spray from The Army Painter

gallery_11030_1089_138559.jpg

Much deeper and darker than my original peachpuke colour. Need advice about lightening it up:

1. Eldar Flesh dry compound
  2. Dusting of skull white spray
  3. Layering the hard way

• 3 weeks later...

Devastator Plasmacannon backpack, searchlight back and normal backpack, 2 x enginseer servo arms, assorted hacked bits of Jes Goodwin 90s servitor/techmarine arms, and I believe the rocket loader servitor's arm from an exorcist tank were the ingredients. Which makes him a $200 conversion or something, but whatever:

gallery_11030_1089_257836.jpg

and another idea because, y'know, BOOMzzzp:

gallery_11030_1089_1076143.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting steadily happier with this bloke:

gallery_11030_1089_155360.jpg

There's an arm in there, but not bionic. I had the thought when I chose his head (being entirely organic, and hirsute to boot) that this particular Martian initiate regards the Emperor's superhuman creations as proof positive of mankind's primacy. As such the Adeptus Astartes physical form - being itself the Emperors own handiwork - is not to be sullied by crude bionics except where injury makes those necessary. This fiercely held view brought him to blows with several of his Medusan counterparts during his time on Mars, but despite these violent altercations and seven hundred years of active duty with the Imperial Fists he has never suffered injury more severe than his ascension surgeries. He does however keep four severed and scrimshandered metallic fingers as trophies from his early years, and as proof that Emperor-wrought flesh is at least the equal of iron.

Chapter badge to to replace the absent pauldron. A Master of the Forge knows that the armour's war spirit must be respected at all times.

gallery_11030_1089_106868.jpg

Archived