Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

I just test a black wash on a primed model and it worked great

1 part black

3 part water (this will help the paint recess into cracks better)

3 part acryl thinner (the parts that are on the flat surface are thinner by using this)

Just wash the entire mini after priming white, before adding color.

I am going to start painting it using your technique and will post how it turns out.

^_^ Hey yeah...i only just noticed the hella cool plasma conversion(take that as a compliment)

very ingenious idea there....

Alexcrute - i notice your from Melbourne,which suburb? (very rare to find aussies on this site of so many )

Cheers Mithril

Oak Park - near Essendon.

The plasma cannon was begging to be done. Funny thing though, I was leafing through a store copy of the new SM codex, and I'm not sure I saw it as an option.

Oh well, if it's painted it's legal I guess. Rule of cool and all that ^_^

This is nice little explanatory pic. Shows most of what I do.

gallery_11030_1089_105427.jpg

The multimelta gunner (with the eyepiece) has had the brown ink treatment, the others not yet.

Yeah, and all those arms are for octo-sarge. Magnets are cool.

From here it's metals, then black (pad rims and weapons), then details.

Now if I may be excused, 2 AoBR boxes, Apocalypse Reloaded and Codex marines have arrived in the mail, so I gots me some droolin' to do....

These are some damn fine Fists you have here Alex.

Crisp and bright yellow thats very well painted.

You've also given me a much better idea of painting my marines of actually attaching the shoulder pads and bolters to the arms when painting like that. As after arpund 6 years out the hobby thats how i had set up my first test squad. But attaching the pads and bolters seems so obvious now. So thanks for that.

Also i'd pinch that smoke effect from the vents of the rhino if it wasn't for the fact that the sides of my tanks are black. Oh well.

Keeping an eye on this one. Keep up the great work.

;) Aha!! pics to look at!

i like the helmet on the M/Melta gunner...where is it from please(looks like the perfect Hvy weapon helmet)

i see how the brown inking helps in making the models Pop!,keep working and keep showing,i want to see M/Melta man finished,that is if you can drag yourself away from the toys and the new Codex :D

Cheers Mithril

I think that head was from the devastator box (lots of goodies in there). When he's painted and built he'll be looking at the little targetting screen on his weapon with his big googly targeter-eye. I won't paint it as an eyeball I promise.

You're dead right about new codex and new toys. They're a hazard to my painting regime.

nice work there AlexCrute. i really love the yellow. its very smooth and has a lovely hue. you have some really nice figures there and im especially liking the Dreadnought.

all in all very strong work. cant wait to see more updates.

peace

Just to give you guys some idea of when this thread might be finished....

(red stuff not quite built yet)

HQ

1 x masters of the chapter, 1 chapter master, 4 captains, 3 honour guard - not quite finished building these

1 x master of sanctity

Librarium all in blue

2 x magnetised librarians

1 x biker librarian

1 x magnetised terminator librarian

5th battle-company all with black shoulder pad trim:

1 x captain - power armour and terminator armour models, black trim with individual heraldry

1 x chaplain - reclusiam heraldry

1 x command squad, 1 apothecary, 1 company champion, 1 standard bearer, 3 magnetised veterans, 2 flamers, 2 meltaguns - command squad badge right pad

6 x tactical squads, 42 bolters, 6 magnetised sergeants, 2 flamers, 2 meltaguns, 4 plasmaguns, 6 lascannons, 2 missile launchers, 4 heavy bolters, 1 multimelta

2 x assault squads, 14 boltpistol chainswords, 2 magnetised sergeants, 2 plasma pistols, 2 flamers - assault badge right pad

2 x devastator squads, 10 bolters, 2 signum-backpack sergeants, 4 missile launchers, 4 plasma cannons - devastator badge right pad

1st company all with white shoulder pad trim:

1 x terminator chaplain - reclusiam heraldry, first company designation

1 x sternguard squad, 9 bolters, 1 magnetised sergeant - haven't made these guys, need more bits

1 x vanguard squad, 4 boltpistol chainswords, 2 right arm magnet guys, 1 left magnet powerfist guy, 1 left magnet axe guy, 2 twin magnet guys - Needs arms for 6 guys with white trim, no jump packs for these guys

4 x terminator squads, 12 stormbolter fist guys, 4 assault cannons, 4 sergeants

2 x assault terminator squads, 6 lightning claws, 4 thunderhammers - need bits to complete second squad of these guys too

10th company from black undercoat:

3 x scout squads, 4 snipers, 10 magnetised scouts, 1 missile launcher - want to model some more options for these guys so they can be 3 squads or 2, and different sergeant options.

8th company all with grey shoulder pad trim

2 x biker squads, 2 magnetised attack bikes, 2 plasmaguns, 2 meltaguns, 2 magnetised sergeants

2 x landspeeders, magnetised heavy wepons - not all options built yet

Armory all in yellow

6 x rhino chassis, 2 magnetised predator turrets and sponsons, 2 razorback lascannon turrets, 3 razorback heavy bolter turrets, 1 vindicator front plate, 1 whirlwind multi-launcher

3 x landraiders, 1 crusader fitout, 2 lascannon fitout

3 x Dreanoughts, 1 standard, 1 Venerable, 1 Ironclad - Ironclad not converted yet

woah ...thats a lot to paint up :D but it means this thread is going to be around for a long time :unsure: i really should do this type of list in my GotC thread so it gives me a goal to aim for.

looking forwards to seeing the Vanguard & Sternguard painted up,are they the metal models or are you converting up your own from plastics?...also,from your post your saying all the white written parts are done and together?....if thats the case we want to see a pic of your whole force together pre-paint(for the before and after shot)

Mithril

p.s get that multi/melta Hvy Guy done soon ;)

The vanguard are the vets on the back cover of the 4th ed marine codex, plus some other guys to bulk the squad out to 10.

The sternguard are still a pipedream at the moment. Haven't looked into them much yet.

But yeah, everything else is built.

And I've finished the brownlining this morning. On to chainmail now and everything else after that.

Look at me! Double-posting with pics again!

Now, specially for Mithrilforge:

gallery_11030_1089_36595.jpg

gallery_11030_1089_256836.jpg

gallery_11030_1089_113210.jpg

And rest of the squad, starting with Sergeant Akbar:

gallery_11030_1089_208951.jpg

And plasma gunner:

gallery_11030_1089_220804.jpg

And probably the last bolter-armed tactical marine for a while:

gallery_11030_1089_193306.jpg

These lot are nearly finished. Fun stuff (point sinks) next!

Archived