Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

• 1 month later...

My chaplain needs to be more dangerous, so:

gallery_11030_1089_6611.jpg

And if Captain Elias Grimm can be Sicarius and Khan, why not also Vulcan?

gallery_11030_1089_239637.jpg

Sergeant Rann lost his powerfist in an accident, and now has some el-cheapo bionics to console him.

I think modelling on the Gauntlet of the Forge Flamer of Antique Awesomeness is ready for paint:

gallery_11030_1089_153535.jpg

Landraider Pastel Doom awaits further paint:

gallery_11030_1089_64668.jpg

Now I'm just showing off. Cassius stand-in:

gallery_11030_1089_110218.jpg

Librarian Converted-for-the-sake-of-it:

gallery_11030_1089_155284.jpg

There are Masters of the Chapter in my gallery too....

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Landraider Pastel Doom is pastel no more, all yellowed now. On to brown ink next then chainmail and so on and so forth.

gallery_11030_1089_235754.jpg

More fun with Kilgore:

gallery_11030_1089_5465.jpg

Right fist is yellowed now, prompting more thoughts of repainting the rest of Kilgore's armour.

Golgesh and his Throne of Shame complete with scowling cherubs and Insolent Cryer of Ignominy is basically in his final form. I think his head will nestle down in the gorget snugly when I'm done, but greenstuff is still soft in this picture.

Alternate weapon loadout - for when Kilgore is sick of showing Calgar how it's done. And cos I just cannot leave magnets alone.

gallery_11030_1089_12075.jpg

The Throne of Shame looks a bit like a toilet doesn't it? I think I'm actually OK with that....

...but Golgesh isn't :P

• 4 months later...

Next in line for paint - Lysander's command squad:

gallery_11030_1089_30438.jpg

Champion detail:

gallery_11030_1089_173063.jpg

No Blood Angels here.

Standard detail:

gallery_11030_1089_70090.jpg

Sword on the right for the Vanguard (Sigismund was a sword kinda guy, "Sigismund, you are my strong right arm" and all that), bolter on the left for the Sternguard.

Apothecary detail:

gallery_11030_1089_205384.jpg

Why does he have a servo-arm you ask? Well have you ever performed surgery on a terminator? You need a servo-arm, it's that simple.

I suppose I should paint up Lysander at the same time *sigh*

Oh, and here's a surprise:

gallery_11030_1089_117454.jpg

What would anybody want with a pair of Cassii? Why, to cut them up of course!

Well I've had a productive morning. I now have a:

Returned Deathwatch Captain (Vulkan stand-in):

gallery_11030_1089_710022.jpg

Master of the Forge conversion-beamer-biker:

gallery_11030_1089_764960.jpg

And I promised you things about Cassius didn't I?

Hey Cassius! Feel pain much?

gallery_11030_1089_721254.jpg

Assault Captain (Biker Khan stand-in):

gallery_11030_1089_651375.jpg

And still 2 more weeks of holidays to go!

I got that techmarine second hand some time ago, and have progressively removed his limbs over those years in several abortive conversion projects (prompted by new codices). It's an old Jes goodwin sculpt, one of two I believe. Older than the 3rd-ed command squad techamrine

wow I love the detail you went into making and painting every model great job. I like your idea of having a "stand in" for every special character I was planning on doing the same with my Iron Hands army, they just wont be as good.

On Khan I hacked the extremeties off using a fine saw, then carefully cored him with a powerdrill, using a small bit to make a guide hole. Then, using a larger bit (that happens to be the same diameter as a SM hip joint) I bored in so he had a hip socket, fortunately the cassius model has lots of belt-mounted detail so the join is well covered.

His head was sawed off flat with the gorget, then a 5.5mm drillbit was used to hollow the gorget out.

I should point out that a powerdrill is pretty dangerous. A cordless drill would have been safer, but still not something for kids to try at home. I am not responsible for holes in your hands, kids!

The biker captain? His sword handle is Cassius' crozius, and the blade is from the metal biker sergeant model (still available I think). I just made a gentle bend in the blade, all the better to cut necks with.

Archived