Additions/alterations: Imperial Fists

AlexCrute

I think I've decided to encruxify (it's a word now) the maltese cross on the forehead with greestuff, and add some more skulls about his person generally. This bloke is supposed to be a vet of vets, so he's had some centuries to accrue some skull decorations...

Well I was going to say the Maltese Cross could be a Crusade marking, but since you've decided to mod it i'll just shut up and go back to my corner :lol:

Some beautiful work overall though :)

Thanks chaps, it's good to be back at work in the forge.

Regarding crusade markings, are there any documented crusades or campaigns in which Black Templars and Imperial Fists fought side by side? If not I'll have to write one I suppose, and make up some xenos race that was scoured from the galaxy...

Thanks chaps, it's good to be back at work in the forge.

Regarding crusade markings, are there any documented crusades or campaigns in which Black Templars and Imperial Fists fought side by side? If not I'll have to write one I suppose, and make up some xenos race that was scoured from the galaxy...

Terran Crusade and a bunch of IF successors joined up with Lysander to beat up the Iron Warriors 966.M41- on.

Edit:

Nimbosa Crusade too.

gallery_24723_1736_84720.jpg

It's nowhere near your standard and the lighting darkens it significantly ;) . The un-ornamented knee and backpack give you the 'best' idea, but in reality its actually much brighter than that. The gold is Burnished Gold, but in this pic it looks like 'Shining Gold'. As or the cape, imagine the red I did as purple, but with the same swirl-y designs and yellow/gold maltese crosses.

What did those eyes see?!

Proper pre-heresy legs? That will take longer. Hmmm. I will lose more games in the meantime for want of sternguard in my army list. It's embarrassing to give ground to the Black Legion. Still, it must needs be done.

I suppose you'll insist now that I pre-heresyify (yes of course it's a word) sarge's legs here won't you? He has his Mk7 pants on at the moment.

I suppose you'll insist now that I pre-heresyify (yes of course it's a word) sarge's legs here won't you? He has his Mk7 pants on at the moment.

Not at all. MK8-ify them. :)

We only insist, as our representative of Dornian Awesome, that you have pre-heresy style pieces simply to remind you opponents your army has been kicking ass since Sigismund wore yellow and the Emperor walked around handing out sweeties to compliant children.

• 2 weeks later...

I needed the wide blade to hide the fact that his foot isn't sculpted yet...

Anyhow, these are MK VI greaves, but I would like know if you think the boots need to change for proper pre-heresy legs flavour.

Consensus please folks: Stripy toes or no?

Archived