help with building my space wolves battle force

DOOM THE OCCULTIST

Might want to take a look at the various articles, they are listed at the top of the main page. Various articles on tactics, force org, etc.

For quick and easy:

- Remember, 1 HQ per 750pts of the army. Wolf Priests are the best for low point games, Ven Dreads are also good choices.

- You must take 1 GH Pack. 10 troops, add bolters to 9, 1 with Power Weapon, 1 with Power Fist, and one with a Flamer or Melta

- Claws cant shoot as well as Hunters, so give them flamers (and power fists for CC)

Your best bet is to make up a list for a point total of game (1500 or 2000 being the most common, but we can work with 1000 or less), dont list points (just the total), and let folks review it.

Firstly, don't lose the bike wheels... I know this from experience. ;)

If you're going to use plasma pistols, give them to the Grey Hunters, as Blood Claws are rubbish shots. A Flamer is better for them. However with a possible new codex possibly limiting our options, it might be better to leave them off.

Well to outfit them you need to know how you want them to work, to know that you need to know how the game and your codex works and there's no subsitute for just reading. We can tell you what to do but if its not how you really want to do the army in the end than it doesn't help. But lets see:

With the Blood Claws you want to give them 2 Power Weapons or Power Fists, and everyone should have a bolt pistol and close combat weapon who doesn't have a power weapon/fist. Power Fists have less attacks without a pair but double the strength and strike slower. Power weapons strike at initiative, and get the full attacks but are not as strong so are more difficult to wound enemies with.

Your Grey Hunters should have 1 Special Weapon, usually a Plasma Gun or Melta Gun, and a Power Fist/Weapon or two depending on the squad size and points.

Your bikers should also have a fist/weapon and otherwise don't need anything special generally.

But really you should read the rulebook, learn how things work and apply that knowledge to your codex so that you can make informed decisions on what you want your army to do.

my old wolf arny was melted in a house fire a few years back so i rebuilt and started with a battle force box

i made

1 battle leader power axe"frost blade" bolt pistol

8 bloods claws bolt pistol chain sword 1 power fist

1 wolf guard champion power sword bolt pistol

6 grey hunters bolters 1 melta 1 power fist i wolf totem (for fun)

4 wolf guard body guard 3 power wepons ,bolt pistols 1 power fist

3 bikes 1 melta( turbo boost and zap a tank works fine)

the blood claws got the rhino then i bought a razor back for the grey hunters and body guard

and a dread and it works prety fine no losses yet its been 5 years

Archived