The cursed ones

Lord Howland Greywolf

Just read this on the BT forum and thought we should have this as well. What models of yours are constantly failing in what they do.

my frost blade weilding wolf lord on bike slughters his way through a wraithlord, a guardian squad, an autarch, charges at a unit of pathfinders and then crashes into a tree. How the hell did he manage that.

No, Mav. Sometimes it´s not a question of tactic or the dices some models are cursed. The best example are my DIY chapter, the Imperial Dragons. I had built them when the 4th Ed C:SM came out. I played with them roundabout 20 times and 20 times i lost. I think i´m an experienced player and i tried different tactics and lists and non of them worked i lost even against the most bloodiest noob. At this moment it become clear to me that they are a chapter of the Cursed Founding. Now they are looked away by the order of the most holy Inquisition and they will never see the sunlight again.

One of my Wolf Guard Pack Leaders managed to miss with every single attack against a Warlock for 8 Rounds of Close combat, and so did the Warlock. By the end both of us were staring at the combat, willing one of our subordinates to manage something other than a string of 1's. In the end they didn't and the game ended before the... epic *cough* combat ever reached a conclusion.

This fine gentleman, Wolf Lord Loki:

gallery_27105_2567_470125.jpg

Wolf Lord with frostblade, bolt pistol, pelt, charm, and anything else I feel like lumping on him. He's my first Space Wolf HQ I ever built or painted, and he has consistently proven to be a failure, time and time again. When he has 7 attacks through some feat of wonder (counter attack + pelt + bp/ccw + 4 attacks base) he'll miss all but 2. And if I master crafted that frostblade, you can be sure he'll whiff that reroll as well. Out of those 2 attacks, one might wound.

He looks tough, he sounds tough, he's painted to a decent standard. But I'll be damned if he could kill anything.

That and one of my Wolf Guard Terminators, Hrolf. Nobody likes Hrolf.

Just read this on the BT forum and thought we should have this as well. What models of yours are constantly failing in what they do.

my frost blade weilding wolf lord on bike slughters his way through a wraithlord, a guardian squad, an autarch, charges at a unit of pathfinders and then crashes into a tree. How the hell did he manage that.

Those PFs have those little laser pointers on them. So they just pointed them at your WL eyes, and with our super sensitive eyes, he was blinded really bad...thus, your WL does his best Sonny Bono impersination.

for my wolves it would have to be one of objective holding GH pack.... bolters, PG, 2 PW, WG: w/ PF and BP. no matter what, for some reason they have SHOT ME writen all over them. last games they took 4 PC shots on turn one..... and don't get me started on my guard, there are too many units that always mess up.

UD

Guard have too many unites anyway.

Try my chaos freinds terminater lord. 3/4 games in a row I hit him with a crack rocket (I dont call them MISSiles) and he rolled a 1, on the first turn. Next time, my biker lord and his terminater lord decided to duke it out. They killed each other.

my entire 13th company army was cursed. about 3 years ago i got into space wolves (mostly the 13th company) and i was losing every game ( i had very few models at that time barely scrapping 2250) so i put them away until i was able to get my hands on some goblin wolf riders. now with a 14 strong wolf pack proper training and all my 13th company wolves are tearing into everything. the only problem is though is the shooting. my troops are cursed and they always die first leaving my wulfen guard pack leaders to fight against what ever evil comes there way. and by the gods do they kill. were talking 16 kills minimum before they are brought down.

I waited until my Ard boyz so I could get a more recent cursed model to talk about.

It was a tough call between my pp/pw Wolf priest and my pp/fb Wolf Lord and the winner is...

My Wolf Lord.

Out of 3 games all of which he was alive the whole time and in combat at least half of the time if not more (against IG it was more like 1 turn. ;) ) he managed to kill a total of ~70 points. One warbiker (after 3 turns of combat his S5 power weapon managed to kill 1 ork...) 3 SoB and 2 IG models that the 5 man squad was something like 40-50 points (some CC "buffer" unit).

Out of... oh I think it was 35-40 dice rolled at least 20 were 1's and about 4-6 were 2's....

On a side note, my Rune Priest with SS/FB ended up killing so much stuff... odd...

Archived