CoS and Outflanking

The White Wolf

I say it blocks infiltration and not OF. Infiltration and OF are two different things.

I understand that, but if you're OF'ing via infiltration rules.

"Enemy infiltrators may not set up using their special rules against a Space Wolves army that includes a Rune Priest with a Chooser o fth eSlain unless they first roll a 4+ on 1D6 (roll separately for each unit)." codex space wolves page 15

I believe this clearly states, "enemy infiltrators may not set up using their special rules", as in both infiltrate and OF as it's a special rule of infiltrate.

Not sure what others think, but I'm sure lars will look into this? :)

-edit-

Just to make things clear about my position, if the enemy outflanks due to them having scouts or just outflank as in Khan's combat tactics in the next C:SM, we cannot stop that sort of OF. I believe that if they OF via infiltration we sure as hell can stop it...

I'm gonna have to say yes, it does cancel it out. As Wolf says, it cancels INFILTRATION special rules for setup. Outflank can be used by models with the scout rule OR the inflitration rule, so those using infiltration can be canceled, those using the scout move to use it can still setup without the risk.

Archived