Telion and Chronus

Denkal

From the wording that Wolf so generously supplied, it reads to me as "If you purchase Chronus, he must be bought as a upgrade for a tank in your army." This is my own words, and implies that in order to purchase him in your list, you need to have a tank in it for him to ride around, but if you don't want to use him, have a normal tank by all means.

Telion for SW's = No

Chronus for SW's = Yes. Chronus is a piece of War Gear for Tanks.

exactly the way I look at it.

And yes, Chronus would be a great opportunity for me to bust out my old Iron Priest. ;)

I'm still salivating at the "ignores shaken and stunned" for Chronus's special rules... possibly thinking about using him for a vindi, that way he can repair the cannon or immobilize as well.

Telion for SW's = No

Chronus for SW's = Yes. Chronus is a piece of War Gear for Tanks.

exactly the way I look at it.

And yes, Chronus would be a great opportunity for me to bust out my old Iron Priest. :P

I'm still salivating at the "ignores shaken and stunned" for Chronus's special rules... possibly thinking about using him for a vindi, that way he can repair the cannon or immobilize as well.

Chronus and a Vindi is a "Smashing" combination. ;)

Chronus and a Vindi is a "Smashing" combination. :)

*groan*

How should folks represent him? Throw an IP model on the tank?

Well I was thinking about using just an IP models for him when he's foot sloggin' but for when he's in the tank I'll just use half the AoBR sergeant's body (the pointing finger out kinda thing) and give him a servo arm on the back... perfect. :)

sadly SW scouts can only take the "weapon options from C:SM" so not the squad size, special rules, or sergeant (although you probably could take the wargear of the C:SM scout sergeant for the SW scout sargeant)

your friends will probably let you have them but its probably not legal GW wise

Ah, I missed the one word that changes my argument completely. Weapon options from the scout entry. I was just a bit excited about having a blast weapon that hits and wounds on 2's.

Cronus is more than a consolation prize, though. Now, he would be RIDICULOUS if you could throw him in an Exterminator.

*sighs* All because the people at GW did something stupid again. Or atleast heartily unnessecairy.

"Well how do we make it so we can on let one of these into an army? It might be to powerful if we did it with all the vehicles... or atleast wed get way to many complaints."

"I KNOW! Well make it a special character... that only acts like wargear! Itll be sweet. :unsure:"

"Huh.... sure, why not?"

Seriously guys.... they could save alot of people alot of arguments if theyd just made it a "Veteran Crew" Upgrade, and made Cronus a SC, if they needed to.

Wrong its per your codex and since the SW say look at another one it gets updated. Saddly the DH army does not and it even shows under their list in the back of the Rule book that they are still heavy 3.

Dont think so. Can you provide some sort of back up for that?

The weapon charts in the back of the books were there for convienence, nothing more. They updated AC's. They are ALL Heavy 4 rending. The 5th ed rulebook says so.

Honestly, thats just silly. What in the world would make you think that one chapter has the exact same gun that works differently? I mean, really... if the new SM Codex says that power fists quadruple Str are you going to insist that the Space Wolves use 'defective' ones that only double it?

That is exactly what they have told DAs, BAs, etc, about storm shields.

The new ones are 3+ ranged and melee, they ones they are using are 4+ melee.

It would NOT be the first time at all.

That is exactly what they have told DAs, BAs, etc, about storm shields.

The new ones are 3+ ranged and melee, they ones they are using are 4+ melee.

It would NOT be the first time at all.

Who did? Where? Is it in print?

Honestly, its just silly. They change the rules for a piece of wargear, you use the most up to date. The sheet in the back of the SW Codex is for reference, nothing more. It says as much on that page.

Man, I wish they had posted somewhere that you could rapid fire and assault in our codex.... the fun I could have with that little gem.

the head designer of GW for w40k told that on a seminar . He later said it again in more then a few face to face conversations . Yes it doesnt make sense to a player , but for GW the pre codex sm armies dont exist [as SW is old , the DA codex floped and they dont want to touch the BA] . The policy right now is that , if you have problems with playing your army [orgs say that the dex is unbalanced , to few options etc ] , then right now you should use be using the new codex sm .

Unless its in print though it doesnt matter if he said it in a press conference with the entire G1 UN council there to support him. Ive not seen anything in any of the faq's about this..... Otherwise why would 9/10 BA players be taking Baal class predators?

EXACTLY! If its not in print, it isnt legit.

Sorry, he might of told everyone and their mothers, if they cant take the 10 minutes necessary to update the FAQ, it doesnt matter.

If you want to hobble your army, feel free. I wont. Unless directed otherwise, I use the most recent description of the wargear in question. The only exceptions are the pieces of wargear that have specific rules to the wolves (Healing Potions an Balms comes to mind).

A power fist is a power fist, I dont care which chapter is using it. Just like an AC, a Bolter, etc etc etc.

Archived