Some 13th co questions

Spacefrisian

Just have some 13th co questions regarding to 5th ed.

Their is this mission/setup (dawn of war if i'am not mistaken) Which says you can place up to max 2 Troops and 1hq on the Table. Is this stil negated by the 13th co as it says all units deploy.

And speaking of that as the army has a scout move option can all units use outflank as well. I was wondering about this cause that would make for a nice Wulfen army i think.

Just have some 13th co questions regarding to 5th ed.

Their is this mission/setup (dawn of war if i'am not mistaken) Which says you can place up to max 2 Troops and 1hq on the Table. Is this stil negated by the 13th co as it says all units deploy.

And speaking of that as the army has a scout move option can all units use outflank as well. I was wondering about this cause that would make for a nice Wulfen army i think.

Yes they can all deploy (that's what scouts does it overrides missions that don't normally allow for it).

And yes the whole army can outflank.

As for tactics on this I'd advise to be weary about outflanking most if not all of your army as it's terrible in 99.99% of circumstances.

An all Wulfen list is terrible since they have no tank popping capabilities (unless you go with some that aren't wulfen who are long fangs then it's not TOO bad...) and (unless you're playing apoc where the army list gives wulfen rending).

Also dont' forget in dawn of war you have to deploy more than 18" from your opponent, but your scouts move can bring you up within 12"... just enough for your fenrisian wolves to get first turn assault. ;)

well... wulfen would only count as troops meaning you wouldnt get grey slayers. your still allowed storm claws and everything else.

He said a wulfen army, I assumed that's all he'd be fielding.

Even so, with storm claws you still have no real reliable anti-tankage.

Either way, 13th company has very little long range anti tank. :)

Not entirely wulfen i've been thinking about adding Meltagun Longfangs for tank hunting, some Bikes, Meltabomb for my HQ's. Those 2 will go with 2 Wulfen squads in case the enemy thinks to be save by putting their Dreads to the unit.

This is the list i've been thinking about.

HQ:

Wolflord:

-MotW, Wolfpelt, Wolftail talisman, Meltabombs, Frostblade, Belt of Russ, CCW or Boltpistol

Wolfpriest:

-Fang of Morkai, Boltpistol, Wolftooth, Wolfpelt, Wolftail talisman, Frostblade, Meltabombs

Troops:

4x8 Wulfen

Fast:

Stormclaw bikers: x4

-Packleader, powerweapon, ccw, meltabombs

-Powerfist, meltagun

Fenris wolf: x8

Heavy:

Longfangs: x5

-4x Meltagun

+/- 1500 points

Well without a rune priest you run into 2 problems, first is the most obvious, you'll be foot slogging a 5-man long fang squad... NOT good, best get a rune priest to DS those boys around the field.

The second problem comes with gating out of combat, while meltabombs are fun, they do nothing against mobile walkers and that's the one thing you'll find will be the bane of your wulfen, they charge the closest thing and any smart player will slap their walkers right in front and move forwards. Since your wulfen are crazed HtH maniacs they run towards the closest enemy and charge it, getting into combat with one will wipe your wulfen out. With only one wolf priest to control one squad you'll be met with trouble.

I could go into more tactic details but I'd rather get back to some more painting before work so if you want some more insight I believe corver did a tactics on 13th co. if not or you can't find it I'll input my thoughts. :D

Also with the new retinue rules, I'd not even bother with a 8 wolf fenrisian squad and just protect your HQ's.

Long fangs going over the field or gating or (the 1 i was thinking about) Outflanking.

As for tactics i was thikning of using the Longfangs and Stormclaw bikers to provide some firing support to the wulfen (in case of Dreadnought) Those 2 Hq are also their to help out like i said.

The other basic idea is to get my Wulfen in combat with opponent troops. Won't be that hard i think. The Little wolves are their to keep some opponents busy in the sense of denying them a round of shooting (i hope).

The Fenris Wolves are also in due to our Annihalation rule change. (That is not each unit is 1 killpoint but more in the sense of if you have 8 units in a 1000 point game each unit is worth 125 point (1000:8=125) works alot better if you ask me)

Archived