Painting the Wolfen

WarPanda

Hey gang, just looking for a few tips. We used to have that handy can of GW spray paint to help seed up the painting process. I am looking for advise and tips on how to paint our Space Wolves, efficiently, speedily, and come away looking good. So please can you share with me your experiences? I am looking to come away with an army that looks more traditionally like space wolves. So, any colors, or techniques that have worked for you. Thanks!

well mine is relatively quick. Start off with covering the model in fenris grey, then after dry a laberal wash of badab black. next successive drybrushed highlights of fenris grey and skull white steadily adding more white every time. Then an asurmen blue wash followed by another drybrushed highlight followed by the details.

gallery_35418_2569_961590.jpg

gallery_35418_2569_817043.jpg

ps I lurv big chunky weapons...note the meltagun!

I enjoy the older style of space wolves with grey motif.

I start with a base of 990 Vallejo Model Color (light grey), fill in the recesses with GW's 61-75 (black ink), and then paint the middle region with 70992 Vallejo Model Color (Neutral Grey). This is used for quick painting and it looks pretty good in the little amount of time it takes. (I'll post a picture soon when I get out of class)

As for extra time, I'll incorporate a little GW's 61-52 (Codex Grey) to the areas between 990 and 70992 to create a quick blend without having to use water that could take a few extra coats.

These aren't for looking really closely at, but are much better seen about 2 feet-4+ feet away like most games are.

-edit-

I thought this online quiz would take much longer than it did, so I took a picture of both a finished grey hunter/slayer and a WIP blood claw/storm claw.

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/841/dsc01000pt4.jpg

Archived