Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alpha Legionaires

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Traitor in Jeans

Traitor in Jeans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts
Upon te realisation that my previous scheme took too long to paint nand was no longer practical for building a gaming army, I went for something a lot simpler. I chose the classic "Everybody love's 'em" Alphas. This time round I'm going for speed painting (say 30 mins for rank and file troops at the most) so I can get you updated regularly and so a little less strain is put on my right hand.
So without further ado I give you the first 10 man squad. Havocs are on their way.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers,
Alfie
Alpha Legion Army Blog
click to help the Alpha Legion grow.

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,165 posts
Fantastic! Always a pleasure to see the more obscure legions manifest.

My question, why is the Tau helmet 'fleshy' looking?

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Metal Fingered Villain

Metal Fingered Villain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
Hey, the blues and greens are looking real sharp. I think the metallics could use a nice black wash, and maybe a brown and a green one sporadically across the model. Did you still want that drawing? I've been waiting to hear back from you. I just picked up a crap load of new pens and markers today.
Metal Fingers is accepting Commissions

"A keen drum machine buff, who feans for more green stuff."
"I'm Doper then a Bobby Brown piss test"

nurglespuss

nurglespuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,881 posts
Lovely models! great strong colours, and also excellent photography :>
Signature image not compliant with B&C forum rules
[img=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/nurglespuss/CFC.jpg]

[size=4]| Imperial Fists | Snake Lords | Death Guard | Space Wolves | Dark Angels[/size][size=4] | [/size][size=4]Blood Angels[/size]
Quote: Many men say many things. Modeller First, Painter Second, Gamer third, Competitive? Never.

www.angelsofbaal.wordpress.com (my work in progress army blog)

Traitor in Jeans

Traitor in Jeans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

My question, why is the Tau helmet 'fleshy' looking?

That's a slight mistake on my part with too much baal red wash but......I'll just call it another Tau sept colour scheme.

@Metal Fingered Villain
Pm'd.
The metals have much more contrast IRL. I'm trying to stray away from the more sinister "glowy corrupted" schemes out there so for me the ink wash is a no no, but thanks for your input anyway.

@nurglepuss
Excellent photgraphy? I'm flattered ^_^

Anyway, I'm a third of the way through the havoc squad so I might just be able to get picks out by the end of the day ;)
Stay tuned,
Alf

Edited by Traitor in Jeans, 20 September 2008 - 02:23 PM.

Alpha Legion Army Blog
click to help the Alpha Legion grow.

nurglespuss

nurglespuss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,881 posts
Cool! Can't wait so see more :>

I really love the alpha legion, as I see them as evil/sneaky'clever marines, without all the mutation and spiky nonsense ^_^
Signature image not compliant with B&C forum rules
[img=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu240/nurglespuss/CFC.jpg]

[size=4]| Imperial Fists | Snake Lords | Death Guard | Space Wolves | Dark Angels[/size][size=4] | [/size][size=4]Blood Angels[/size]
Quote: Many men say many things. Modeller First, Painter Second, Gamer third, Competitive? Never.

www.angelsofbaal.wordpress.com (my work in progress army blog)