Apocalypse and the House of Belisarius

WolfLordLars

Ok, having never even read through Apocalypse, and not having the funds to buy it right now, I am hearing bits of pieces of rules and I want to check on them. Is it true you can play any army, as long as you have models? Something about how they just want more models on the table, regardless of force org?

I ask, because I have the IG codex and had a plan years ago I am thinking about picking up. In the SW Novel "Wolfblade" Ragnar is one of the Wolfblades, envoys to the Navigator House of Belisarius. I was wondering if it would work in an apocalypse game to have a few units of IG infantry, maybe their more elite troops as well, and that sort of thing. Just to represent the 'house troops' that might be available for an encounter.

While I know this is a Power Armor forum, I am not asking for army lists or anything like that, just to see if I should bother invested in a few unit of IG infantry (going to use Cadians, I like their armor and gear the best) as the troops sworn to the House of Belisarius and long-time allies of the Space Wolves.

heya wolf lord lars,

in apocalyspe, you can field any freaking model you own. that is true. in the few apoc games i have played, me and my ork buddy have some unusual teams, but nonetheless it is always a fun game.

so you can easily field your House Belisarius soldiers with the Wolf Blade.

wolf lord kieran

In Apocalypse the restictions are more or less lifted. You can combinate nearly everything with each other. There is no FOC, no 0-1 restrictions and so on. But the rest of each entry still apply. You can add your IG to your SW, no problem.

I add my Grey Knights to my SW with great success.

Awesome! I dont even need the 2 Troop and 1 HQ?

Not sure what would be appropriate for them. Has anyone else read the book? Other than some troops (going with generic troopers with a few drills to make them better.. armor and re-rolling 1's I think), what would be appropriate for a Navigator House? Tanks are out I believe. Psykers? Heavy Weapons? I only recall the troops in the book.

I´m playing with:

12 HQ choises

20 Elite choises

6 Troop choises

8 Fast Attack choises

15 Heavy Support choises

1 Super Heavy Support choise

20000 points at all.

But you don´t need troop choises. You can make Apocalypse armies with only Elite choises or Heavy Support choises.

I think the best way to represent the House Guard would be veteran Guardists or Stormtrooper. Heavy weapons would be a good choise.

Awesome! I dont even need the 2 Troop and 1 HQ?

Not sure what would be appropriate for them. Has anyone else read the book? Other than some troops (going with generic troopers with a few drills to make them better.. armor and re-rolling 1's I think), what would be appropriate for a Navigator House? Tanks are out I believe. Psykers? Heavy Weapons? I only recall the troops in the book.

you dont need anything that you dont want...this means an ork player brought 1 warboss, 1 battle wagon, and then 42 fighta bomba raids....so i would definetely balance out common sense with crazy urges.

the problem i see with House Belisarius troopers is they were trained mainly to defend the Belisarius compound, navigators and not for large scale battles. so there goes most of the guard book. i can imagine chimeras, maybe sentinels for light support, but heavy guard tanks werent mentioned in the ragnar books as far as i remember.

wolf lord kieran

Ok, read through, and while I dont think that they would take Tanks into battle (a bit... much, especially for 'house troops') I can see the soldiers they have being considered Stormtroopers. Top of the line armor, guns, and gear. Wont even need to bother with special drills or such.

Using a Bretonnian damsel model or some such for a "house navigator" or such and using the stats for the SM Librarian is an option I suppose. Will run it past the locals, see what their take on it is.

I can see sentinels being used alot like how marines might use speeders for 'peacetime' missions. Makes more sense than a Leman Russ (or Land Raider).

Stormtroopers are an awesome choice, as well as Sentinels for light support options. also remember that Ragnar was picked up in a modified land speeder, giving you more heavy weapon options without using IG tanks.

the damsel is a good idea, as an inquisitor using psychic powers as navigators. i dont think using SM stats on a damsel would be completely legit.

wolf lord kieran

Codex Daemon/Witchunters.

Since we're not allowed to post stats, let me just say knock one off most of the stats of a Wolf Lord (not wounds or Ld) and that they cost about the same as a new Rhino before you buy their henchmen. (between twice and 5 times the cost of a WG SB)

An IC can join any unit, unless stated otherwise by the character or unit.

You can even have several IC's join together into a super unit.

For instance, in an Apoc game, I had a TDA Wolf Priest and Ragnar in a unit with Abbadon. Doesn't make sense, but all three benefited from Abbadon's Marks, Healing Potions and Balms, and Ragnar's Berserk Charge. Needless to say, that was an INSANE unit.

As far as Belsarian Allies, I've thought about taking an Inquisitor ally to a SW list, and modeling it up as a navigator. For a while, I was even considering starting a Belsarius-flavored IG army. As far as Apoc goes, you can field units from SW, and units from IG to make a good representation of House Belsarius.

Archived