Space Wolves

lord arkon

I'm not a Space Wolf player I'm in fact quite the opposite lol Black Legion all the way!!! However I am fluff mad regardless of loyalty, now according to the HH artbooks Lemas Russ and his legion were left by the White Scars to defend themselves against superior Alpha legion forces where they (the wolves) "recieved aid from an unexpected quarter", most people for some reason interpret this as Eldar but who out there thinks it could have been one of the "missing" legions or a traitor-loyalist contingent?

Who's with me?

I think it could have been one of the missing legions, who else would do this? not the eldar in the book Legion the eldar wanted the Alpha Legion to destroy the others to save the galaxy so they wouldnt help, and the Loyalist survivors of Isstavan are still trapped there, it would seem to make more sense that one of the missing legions came to there aid. A little off topic but i belive that the "missing legion" were neutral for the majority of the horus heresy since they are never mentioned as making a major move during the conflict.

According to 'The Lightning Tower,' the II and XI Legions' part in the story is already long done. In the chamber housing statues of all the Primarchs, their statues are removed, while the traitor Primarch statues are covered by veils. And this is shortly after it is known what happened at Istvaan III/V.

I think it could have been one of the missing legions, who else would do this? not the eldar in the book Legion the eldar wanted the Alpha Legion to destroy the others to save the galaxy so they wouldnt help, and the Loyalist survivors of Isstavan are still trapped there, it would seem to make more sense that one of the missing legions came to there aid.

No , not "Eldar". That is misleading. The Eldar as a collective race, are no more involved in this as the humans are.

If you associate their race by involvement by just the actions of the Autarch alone, would you say the Humans are in it too since John Grammaticus is "human"?

Rather, its that "conclave" of different races of aliens that are involved.

The Eldar just had a representative there in the Autarch like the humans do in John.

And isnt what you say above be judged as "spoilers"? You gave away the whole plot of the book.

is it possible that a part of alpha legion came to the rescue..?? because all the tratoir legions had loyalist fractions.. why not the alpha legion?

just one thought that crossed my mind. .

Sadly, Alpha legion info is limited. Seeing as they are the newest legion and hold no tight bonds to Terra and the Emperor, as in the case of Garro and Iacton Qruze(sp?), will be quite difficult to see any "loyal" sentiments to the Emperor. Though, it may be possible that some "loyalist sentiments" may be involved with some Alpha legion elements if they are recruited from Terra.

I do think the Eldar idea is possible, after all, Eldar did know about the treachery as shown in FULGRIM(I think its that book?).

The Eldar did help out during the Black Crusades , so why not during the HH?

Alpha Legion IA: "..and inflicted stinging defeats on the loyalist White Scars at Tallarn, a Space Wolves company at Yarant.. "

(Original) Codex Titanicus, page 8: "An Eldar battle force, led by Phantoms, scour the ruins of a Traitor stronghold on Yarant I after an orbital bombardment. The Eldar fight not against heresy but to cleanse the corruption of Chaos from the Yarant system. It will not be an easy victory to win."

So my moneys on the Eldar. (even if the Eldar as a race were united in support of chaos destroying the Imperium, that still doesnt preclude them trying to prevent certain planets/systems being corrupted.)

I believe that it could have possibly been just other Space Wolves from a different company that perhaps busted in at the nick of time to help their brothers. I mean im sure more Space Wolves coming from out of nowhere that were supposed to be on the other side of the galaxy that would be unexpected. Perhaps by "Unexpected Quarter" he means a far-off quarter of the galaxy? Who knows. anywho theres my 2-cents

Oh and i think the Eldar are to pansie and didnt know enough about humanity yet towant to help us. They probably would have rather let the Horus Heresey continue until either the CSM were wiped out or they were to weak from the war to fight against a large Eldar force.

If a detachment of Wolves arrived to help a fleet of Wolves in combat, it would be mentioned.

the "unexpected quarter" is the eldar. while speculation is cool, the eldar are the only viable race known ATM that had any chance pf aiding the WOlves.

Wolf lord kieran

• 4 weeks later...

It was obviously the Dark Angels.

Seriously When do the Dark Angels HELP their Brothers? Never! We'll leave you to die, because you'll find out about our secrets. Plus, you know deep down, a space Wolf would rather kill themselves than admit that the Dark Angels saved their butts, thus they just refer to that event as "help from an unexpected quarter".

I think it was probably the DA aswell. DA helping Sw is more unexpected than eldar helping SW

Makes sense as well.

DA were near the SW.

Lion-Russ had that love-hate relationship.

And when the hell was the last time you the Dark Angels help anybody?

I don't think its the Legion of the Damned, this is still around the Heresy. The prime suspects for the Legion of the Damned, the Fire Hawks, disappeared much later post-heresy. Of course, if the LotD aren't Fire Hawks, then who knows . . . :(

The warp isn't constrained by time. So that argument really doesn't work.

Honestly, it was just something the SW reported to make the legions feel better. I mean, they all had frail egos after this, and Lord Russ, in all of his brilliance, deemed it best to be reported as such.

i like the idea of the legion of the damned stepping in n savin them, bit random but has anyone thought they could be a missin legion? i mean there is no evidence 2suggest they are the fire hawks who were lost in the warp, so could they not have been 1of the original legions, but they have no records cos their primarch did something to the emperor and they view themselves as damned hence the name? after all, i dont knw any other SM chapter that refers 2itself as a legion?

obvious this is 2a little theory of mine but let me knw wot u think i mean it is possible rite? lol!

Archived