Space Wolves

lord arkon

I like the idea of the Legion of the Damned stepping in and savin them, bit random but has anyone thought they could be a missin legion? i mean there is no evidence to suggest they are the fire hawks who were lost in the warp, so could they not have been 1of the original legions, but they have no records because their primarch did something to the emperor and they view themselves as damned hence the name? after all, i dont know any other SM chapter that refers to itself as a legion?

obvious this is too little theory of mine but let me know what you think i mean it is possible right? lol!

Leet-Speak is frowned upon here.

And the Legion of the Damned showed up WAY past the Heresy.

There are many Chapters who call themselves Legion.

Helio Legion

Mantis Legion

Mentor Legion

And dozens of more.

So no.

I like the idea of the Legion of the Damned stepping in and savin them, bit random but has anyone thought they could be a missin legion? i mean there is no evidence to suggest they are the fire hawks who were lost in the warp, so could they not have been 1of the original legions, but they have no records because their primarch did something to the emperor and they view themselves as damned hence the name? after all, i dont know any other SM chapter that refers to itself as a legion?

obvious this is too little theory of mine but let me know what you think i mean it is possible right? lol!

Helio Legion

Mantis Legion

Mentor Legion

And dozens of more.

So no.

Again, ruling out LotD is silly. Why? The Warp is the lack of rule, the lack of reason, thus, time isn't there either. While unlikely, it is entirely plausible to pop out of the warp "before" you went in.

• 1 month later...

We're proud of our dresses and I think that if it was unexpected than it probably wasn't the Dark Angels. The DA and SW campaigned together alot and the DA pretty much only fought with their brothers from the fang. If you want unlikly I would go with the Thousand Sons, way more unexpected. Leman Russ won't even tollerate Magnus and his darned sorcery but when the SW need help there he is, Big Red himself. And then Russ was all like :huh: :P :wub:

I want gum now...

Helio Legion

Mantis Legion

Mentor Legion

And dozens of more.

So no.

Again, ruling out LotD is silly. Why? The Warp is the lack of rule, the lack of reason, thus, time isn't there either. While unlikely, it is entirely plausible to pop out of the warp "before" you went in.

I think it's a pretty safe thing to rule out LotD. I can't recall an incident of time travel or something similar being mentioned anywhere. There's plenty of talk of time slowing down, but never time going backwards. That's not to say it isn't possible, but it's rather unlikely.

Dark Angels or Eldar are more likely.

• 1 month later...
My Reckoning is Alpha Legion, they got that whole thing about proving their best to their bigger brothers in their Index Astartes. Could have simply been a pride thing. Once they had the wolves beat and outmanouvered they send aid and as resentful as they would be my bet is Russ' loyalty would probably allow him to put it aside to lend dad a hand at home on terra, at least for the time being.

My Reckoning is Alpha Legion, they got that whole thing about proving their best to their bigger brothers in their Index Astartes. Could have simply been a pride thing. Once they had the wolves beat and outmanouvered they send aid and as resentful as they would be my bet is Russ' loyalty would probably allow him to put it aside to lend dad a hand at home on terra, at least for the time being.

No I don't think so. At this time, the Alpha Legion has already chosen Horus' side and they have already started attacking their brother's legions. Plus I think someone has already mentioned that the Alpha Legion were the opponents here. And the Eldar would not help the Space Wolves.

SPOILER TIME - LEGION

The cabal warn the Alpha Legion of how the Imperium is doomed and Chaos will slowly win. But if Horus wins than he will feel guilty and exterminate all humans and other legions, ending the human race and chaos. The Eldar had a representitve on the cabal and they, the Cabal, is dedicated to the excision of the Primordial Annihilator, Chaos. Aware of the coming Heresy, they believe that the Alpha Legion represent the last chance to save the galaxy from the predations of the Chaos powers. To this end, they confer with the Primarch of the Legion, Alpharius Omegon, and sway him/them to their viewpoint. In order for Chaos to perish, Horus must win the Heresy. In order for that to happen, the Alpha Legion must side with him.

END OF SPOILER - LEGION

So the Eldar could not have helped and it wasn't loyalist Alpha Legion either. IMHO, it was either the Dark Angels, some random loyalist elements of a traitor legion (but it would have been mentioned), some local gaurdsmen (PDF), or the Squats. IMO they are the best choice as the squats were removed from current GW fluff so to cover up a loop hole, GW just said "unexpected quarter".

But I could be wrong. ^_^

Captain Kael :tu:

SPOILER LEGION

People seem to think that the cabal represented the will of the eldar race, it was just one or a few eldar that were members, its not like some sort of club that the entire race is in.

Eldar race =/= cabal

a few eldar=cabal

Also it is possible that they(cabal) didnt want the imperium to destroy itself(they are agaisnt chaos,and chaos would of supplanted the cult of the emperor as the religion), they just wanted its expansion halted for good. Think about it, sooner or later the legions would have gotten around to taking on the races of the cabal, and most likely coming out on top.

Archived