Steel Wyverns

XKhalilX

Yeah, right. Read that too. :P

Still, my Point stands, I dislike the 30 marines as a real seperate Company. Implies that is has a Captain and stuff... I'd rather have them completely outside of the normal organisation, e.g. as part of the Chapter-Masters household. Or have it as part of an assault Company... I think I get what you want to say with the squad. And I like the general idea of it. Only little peeve I have about them is that they form a seperate company.

Though, on further reading, I might have gotten that completely wrong and in that case, ignore it. ;)

I think they might work well as a Reclusium-Guard kinda thing...

And concerning that sentence about being a welcome sight, I would expand it and add "and any other imperial army tehy deem pure enough to warrant their help" or something like that.

++Edit: deleted a point because of inability to read right. :)

• 4 months later...
I like what I have read and would like to see some figs painted the way you have your marine painter pic. I would especially like to see the Chapter Master and entourage. IF you would like, I could paint a couple of them for you as an intro thing for you. I would of course be able to do something more AFTER GamesDay: Chicago 2009. Let me know what you like done, if anything.

• 1 year later...

You say that their Gene-Seed comes from the Iron Snakes, but it is known that the Iron Snakes are a successor chapter of the Ultramarines and were created during the Second Founding... by Dan Abnett.

I also used a similar mutation in the Betchers Gland in my chapter, but I can assure you that I did not steal it! :)

You say that their Gene-Seed comes from the Iron Snakes, but it is known that the Iron Snakes are a successor chapter of the Ultramarines and were created during the Second Founding... by Dan Abnett.

I also used a similar mutation in the Betchers Gland in my chapter, but I can assure you that I did not steal it! :)

it has never been confirmed in the novel that they are ultramine geneseed or even of the second founding, never in the book was that mentioned, it does mention some remarks about guilliman however. but the connection and founding is pure speculation by fans and has never been confirmed by GW, hence why i left it open as the IS have been left open, and considering the snakes extremely non codex organization (they are possibly the most non codex chapter around) it is doubtful they are guilliman geneseed.

I also used a similar mutation in the Betchers Gland in my chapter, but I can assure you that I did not steal it! :P

it has never been confirmed in the novel that they are ultramine geneseed or even of the second founding, never in the book was that mentioned, it does mention some remarks about guilliman however. but the connection and founding is pure speculation by fans and has never been confirmed by GW, hence why i left it open as the IS have been left open, and considering the snakes extremely non codex organization (they are possibly the most non codex chapter around) it is doubtful they are guilliman geneseed.

Iron Snakes are 2nd Founding Chapter, confirmed in Tactica Imperialis.

Archived