Aaggghh! Freaking Orks!

Storm Templar

Agreed with mal on everything, especially on the 'Boyz over Toyz' rule when writing army lists.

You have a higher body count than he does :P *le gaspe*.

Rapid-firing weapons are your friend against orks. Yes, this has been said before but since it is such a good rule it is worth stating again.

Being am ork player who has 5 space marine armies and a guardsmen army to fight, I have found by experience that the best way have a huge ork squad killed are the following:

1) Devistator squads with 4 missle launchers.

2) Many, many flamers... oh the flamers. more flamers than any burna boy has seen before!!!!!

that has been my experience.

Being am ork player who has 5 space marine armies and a guardsmen army to fight, I have found by experience that the best way have a huge ork squad killed are the following:

1) Devistator squads with 4 missle launchers.

2) Many, many flamers... oh the flamers. more flamers than any burna boy has seen before!!!!!

that has been my experience.

Ding ding ding! Winner! I was going to post something similar.

I find Lascannons a bit too expensive for Orks. Lots of missile launchers will do the trick very nicely. If you don't have any 'high value' targets you can start blasting boyz squads with Frag.

As mentioned earlier, rapid firing bolters and flamers also chew up a good number of orks.

Don't forget Vulkan and his twin-linked flamers of doom in drop pods. I play both Orks and Marines and that trick has cost me a lot of boyz. Plus, the drop pods come with Deathwind launchers for more fun. Also another fun trick is to stick Lysander with HB Dev Squads. Bolter Drill means nearly all of those HB shots are hitting and most are wounding and without a cover save those are quite a few boyz heading to a shallow grave.

On the topic of Deff Koptas there greatest weakness is their morale. They have no way to boast their average leadership of 7. No Nob with Boss Poles and lack of numbers to take advantage of the Mob rule. If they are coming in units of three, kill one and force your opponent to make a morale check. Kill two and they cannot rally.

"Kill two and they cannot rally."

Really? Why? GW removed the last man standing test, you can have a single ork boy left and its still a valid unit (just a very vulnerable one).

"Kill two and they cannot rally."

Really? Why? GW removed the last man standing test, you can have a single ork boy left and its still a valid unit (just a very vulnerable one).

By cannot rally I was referring to being unable to regroup after failing a morale test. In a squad of 3 Deff Koptas if 2 of the 3 are destroyed the unit is below half strength so they cannot regroup. Pg. 46 of the wee little rulebook. The single Deff Kopta still gets his morale test to avoid running in the first place as you indicated.

Has anyone been using combat tactics?

After the orks have charged you - fall back (assuming you lost the combat and can escape) to rapid fire them again in your turn. Could be paricularly useful if using the hedgehog formation above

Sounds nice in theory - I haven't been playing enough games with marines yet to try it. Does it work?

Whenever i play orks against my friend's marines, he always combat squads his tacs, keeping the m-launchers back to soften up the horde and the flamers either hang around until my orks get closer or move foreward slightly. Last time he did this, my horde was decimated my the sheer amount of continuous frag blasts rained on them.

Also if you had a combat squad get charged by an ork mob and they somehow miraculously survived (not likely), they regroup and run towards the mob, hit them with the squad's flamer (what else would you take against orks? seriously) then have supporting units around them shoot them. If they are still around by next turn (again, not likely), the one or two marines who survived are in the way acting as a speedbump.

Archived