A thought on a possible future role for Loken...

Deneris

Let the bloke rest, let him be worm food or if he comes back. I'll chuck him to my pack of Wolves and pretends that nothing happened.

Horus Aximand, that bloke, the bloke that Abaddon saw regrets in his eyes. I say he didn't lowered the shield but it was Horus's brief final flash of humanity before the Chaos Gods claimed him again.

Now, that "warrior" that you blokes were talking about before. I think it would be an Imperial Fist terminator since the Emperor commanded that his pieces of armour shall be made into the Crux Terminatus in the memory of the bloke the charged Horus after he viewed the Emperor's broken body. He wouldn't do that if they're were his Custodes because he'll just get his name engraved on his breast plate.

If someone could explain something to me, in the Horus Heresy "Vision of ......" books. Only 3 Custodes died during their 10 thousand years servitude to the Emperor or more died during the Horus Heresy? Were they on the wall as well or were they occupying the inner sanctums of the Imperial Palace?

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I like Loken as a character I thikn it would be fitting for him to stay dead. Makes you feel like he is more or a marytr in a way.

Btw: Do any of the 40K books (novels, artbooks, fluff in general) give the Emperor's real name. I find it kinda weird that everyone just refers to him as "The Emperor, beloved by all" or in the Primarch's case "Father"? Just wondering....

As much as I like Loken as a character I thikn it would be fitting for him to stay dead. Makes you feel like he is more or a marytr in a way.

Btw: Do any of the 40K books (novels, artbooks, fluff in general) give the Emperor's real name. I find it kinda weird that everyone just refers to him as "The Emperor, beloved by all" or in the Primarch's case "Father"? Just wondering....

Melvin.

I'd like to see Loken, Tarvitz or Vipus alive again (Well lets face it - Tarik is going to be the 1 who WONT be making another appearance for sure!) however.....

I'd like Loken's story to be at an end, like many people here have said, there is bad things that happen in war - people die. It is a dark time - many books ive read such as StarCraft etc or films really do hit home when a major character such as Loken are killed off and adds to the effect of the overall series.

Tarvitz / Vipus have more of a chance of living - however I again understand these being considered dead, however I cannot actually see a role for them other than Inquisition / Witchhunters which in a way would be cheesey.

Loken dead? Who do you think Veteran Sergeant Centurious is from the Legion of the Damned?

That's what I think happened to Loken, though that is highly circumstantial, especially as Loken came about years after Centurious disappeared!

Captain Idaho Posted Today, 10:08 PM

Loken dead? Who do you think Veteran Sergeant Centurious is from the Legion of the Damned?

That's what I think happened to Loken, though that is highly circumstantial, especially as Loken came about years after Centurious disappeared!

*Facepalms* Oh no. Seems Loken is cornering the market on conspiracy theories, despite being "dead". :)

Sadly we did not truly see Loken die. And as cliched as it would be I do expect him back, becuase depsite falling 500 feet into a raging pool of lava heores can miraculously survive. It would horribly cheapen the series and degrade alot of the grim darkness stuff but eh why stand in the way of cash for integirty eh? If we see him comeback it will be as a dread. He was dug out by raylor right before they blasted off of Istavann 3 after sheltering in the underground bunker or what ever the dread found. With some medical equipment found in said shelter thehy were able to save many lives and we now have a core unit of fighters for the new grey knight force. To join with the other loyalist survivors.

Hands off my Grey Knights, Loken! Loken won't be part of the Grey Knights, they're all psykers, even when they were first created. Besides there's no way the Inquisition would have a Chamber Militant with part-Traitor geneseed.

At least if Loken comes back he'll get his butt kicked again.

What, Huron-Fal? He blew himself up to deny Horus from killing him and Captain Temeter. The explosion was visible from orbit.

Ah, it seems I forgot that part. I had wondered at why he was ranting about choosing his own death and then seemingly just being overcome by the virus bomb ;)

Hands off my Grey Knights, Loken! Loken won't be part of the Grey Knights, they're all psykers, even when they were first created. Besides there's no way the Inquisition would have a Chamber Militant with part-Traitor geneseed.

At least if Loken comes back he'll get his butt kicked again.

What about Qruze from the Luna Wolves and Garro from the Death Guard? I thought they were a founding part of the Inquisition, and they are both from traitor geneseed.

Aryx Blackheart Posted Today, 04:34 PM

What about Qruze from the Luna Wolves and Garro from the Death Guard? I thought they were a founding part of the Inquisition, and they are both from traitor geneseed.

I can see them being Inquisitors, yes. But their geneseed would be allowed to die with them. You do not want your force dedicated to fighting Chaos based on geneseed that has proven susceptible to Chaos.

The Inquisition consists of more than just the Grey Knights. :)

Aryx Blackheart Posted Today, 04:34 PM

I can see them being Inquisitors, yes. But their geneseed would be allowed to die with them. You do not want your force dedicated to fighting Chaos based on geneseed that has proven susceptible to Chaos.

The Inquisition consists of more than just the Grey Knights. :rolleyes:

I actually like the idea of Qruze and Garro being GKs (or atleast the begining GKs) as the use of their geneseed would be very ironic, and if there is one thing that warhammer 40k loves is irony.

wolf lord kieran

Archived